AAMU - 64
MVSU - 59
FINAL

GOOD GAME!!!!!

CONGRATS LADY DAWGS!!!

Next up:

Lady Jags

Lady Tigers

This will be an interesting match, our girls always kick it up a notch when it come to tournament time!

Devilsh1 said:
AAMU - 64
MVSU - 59
FINAL

GOOD GAME!!!!!

CONGRATS LADY DAWGS!!!
I am so happy and proud for our Lady Bulldogs. This is a 1st for the program, and 1st for Coach Warmley. This is the first time we have advanced past the first round of the SWAC tourney. Look for Chaymeon Moss to break out in the tourney.

Good dayum :eek:. I am still in my hotel in BHAM waiting. I should have followed my 1st mind to go to this game but I didnt. Well that's a upset. I am about to check the boxscores for this game here. :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
how is this an upset...... we split with Valley this season... beat them in Elmore and lost by 2 in Itta Beena.

DAHILL said:
how is this an upset...... we split with Valley this season... beat them in Elmore and lost by 2 in Itta Beena.
Well I didnt know that A&M had players that came back from injuries. That's why I said an upset.

I'm heading back to the games - I have a few good shots will post tonight after the second game --

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
22 Southern
13 Grambling
1st half
Monroe and Lewis with 2 fouls :eek:

we still handling Grambling with Lewis and Monroe on the bench that shows our depth!:)

Lady Jags 24

Lady Tigers 16

Lady Bulldogs Capture Victory In Overtime
Lady Bulldogs finish first day with a win over Devilettes 64-59

Christian Malone had career highs in points and rebounds vs. Mississippi Valley

364752.jpeg

Christian Malone had career highs in points and rebounds vs. Mississippi Valley
March 8, 2006

Courtesy SWAC Office

BIRMINGHAM, AL
- It took overtime, but the No. 6 seed Lady Bulldogs of Alabama A&M outlasted No. 3 Mississippi Valley State 64-59 on Wednesday to advance to the semifinals of the 2006 SWAC Women's Basketball Tournament.

Alabama A&M's Rebecca Barnes made a layup with 1 minute, 4 seconds left in regulation to send the game into the extra period. The Lady Bulldogs outscored the Devilettes 14-9 during the OT period to advance.

The Lady Bulldogs (13-15) will meet the Southern University-Grambling State winner in a semifinal matchup set for 10 a.m. on Friday. The victory was the first ever for the Lady Bulldogs in the SWAC Tournament.

AAMUsports.com full story

Back