Woman that ran over her husband 40 times is guilty

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If a man ran over a woman 4 times...he should be locked up too. I just have problems with the defense saying that it was an accident.

Luby's send help

For now it is murder and she faces 5 years to life.

"Harris faces the possibility of five years to life in prison, but could receive a much lighter sentence. If jurors next find it was a crime of "sudden passion," the punishment could be reduced to two to 20 years in prison. Probation is possible on any sentence less than 10 years. "

Well that link didn't work, but my question is.....Is she going to jail? I know that they were talking on TV about her being found guilty, but being given probation.

And why does this make him anti-female? We all know that you people feel that they never do anything wrong. Even in this case I have heard several women comment on how "he got what he deserved." But let there be case where a dude beats his girl to death, you people would be outraged, which you should be! But when the tables are turned, you people never seem to be as shocked and appauled.

Myopic world of women.....

Man gets killed by wife/got what he deserved
Woman gets killed by husband/how could he do that to her

Rich man divorces wife/Get all you can girl
Rich woman divorces man/He is so wroung for trying to gether money....

How about beating a dog to death....

Baby Manson send help

Originally posted by Suge
Well that link didn't work, but my question is.....Is she going to jail? I know that they were talking on TV about her being found guilty, but being given probation.

And why does this make him anti-female? We all know that you people feel that they never do anything wrong. Even in this case I have heard several women comment on how "he got what he deserved." But let there be case where a dude beats his girl to death, you people would be outraged, which you should be! But when the tables are turned, you people never seem to be as shocked and appauled.

Myopic world of women.....

Man gets killed by wife/got what he deserved
Woman gets killed by husband/how could he do that to her

Rich man divorces wife/Get all you can girl
Rich woman divorces man/He is so wroung for trying to gether money....

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Jag4Life: they said only 3 times. She couldn't see where he was because she closed her eyes. :smirk:
I take it you are being sarcastic, right?? :)

Jag4Life: I was making the comment that her lawyer made in court. She couldn't see him because she closed her eyes. She said she blacked out. I don't think she should have killed the man, not for cheating on her. I think she just lost her cool and ran that fool over. Did I feel sorry for her because he cheated? YES. I also felt sorry that man lost his life because she went into a jealous rage. I felt sorry because now his kids have no father... ...and if she gets "life"....basically won't have a Mom either. The entire situation was sad.

Suge: I said "anti-women" because usually NastyNupe blames the woman in different cases we've discussed on this board. It was meant for sarcasm and nothing more. I don't agree that the woman should have "killed" the man...not even in a fit of rage. However, I do understand the rage. Hell she found him coming out of the elevator of the SAME Hilton Hotel where SHE and HER husband were married 10 years before ON Valentine's day. I understand but I don't believe in murdering him.

Didn't blame the woman. Just said that justice prevailed. If you're caught on tape running down a man that's screwing over you...I can't blame you...that's actual and factual. Just like the cops beating Rodney King. Try again.

She should serve some punishment, because she took that man's life. She could have just as easily drove her ass away after she got thrown out of that hotel. I'd have much rather had a whole lot of his money than a whole lot of time in prison.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
She'll prolly go to jail and be the 'Queen Bee' up in that joint......Not only did she kill her husband, but she ran him over in a Benz several times. She'll be the most popular 'chica' on the cell-block.

:shame:

Originally posted by Vinita
She should serve some punishment, because she took that man's life. She could have just as easily drove her ass away after she got thrown out of that hotel. I'd have much rather had a whole lot of his money than a whole lot of time in prison.

There ya go...she should have put her emotions aside and took that bastard to court for his loot.

That damn video is still funny to me though.

:lol:

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
She'll prolly go to jail and be the 'Queen Bee' up in that joint......Not only did she kill her husband, but she ran him over in a Benz several times. She'll be the most popular 'chica' on the cell-block.

:shame:

:lmao:

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

There ya go...she should have put her emotions aside and took that bastard to court for his loot.

That damn video is still funny to me though.

:lol:

Acting before thinking seems to be the problem in so many tragic incidents.

I wish Clara Harris would have consulted the best divorce lawyer in the business to handle the business end, and let Cheaters handle the public scene.

"Cheaters" would have had a field day with this one. I can see it now.

Some of the fellas need to be careful cuz they're some crazy ass women out there.

From the Houston Chronicle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Top Story

Feb. 13, 2003, 12:52PM

Convicted of murder, Clara Harris begs teen-age stepdaughter for forgiveness
Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle

Convicted this morning of murdering her husband with her Mercedes in a fit of jealous rage, a weeping Clara Harris rose to her feet as the jury was filing out this afternoon and begged her teen-age stepdaughter for forgiveness.

As part of the trial's punishment phase, 17-year-old Lindsey Harris had been testifying about trying to slash her wrists after her father's death. When asked to show the scars, Judge Carol Davies called for a break.

Clara Harris, once very close to her stepdaughter, began sobbing even before all of the jury was out of the room.

"I'm sorry, Lindsey," she cried. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Jurors convicted Clara Harris of murder this morning for running over her husband outside a Clear Lake-area hotel on July 24 after finding him with his mistress.

The jury now must decide what punishment the 45-year-old mother of twins deserves. She has been out on bail so far and has retained custody of her 4-year-old sons, but she must now go to jail.

Harris may face life in prison, but could receive a much lighter sentence. The other possibilities:

? If the jury comes back with a sentence of 10 years or less and recommends probation, Judge Carol Davies must grant probation. The judge could order her release right away but is more likely to make it a condition of probation that Harris serve up to six months in the Harris County Jail.

? If the jury decides Harris should serve any prison time, she will have to serve at least half her sentence before she is eligible for parole. This is because the jury found this morning that Harris used her Mercedes-Benz as a deadly weapon. That also means she cannot be released on bond while she appeals her conviction.

? If jurors find the murder was a crime of "sudden passion," the punishment could be reduced to two to 20 years in prison.

As the verdict was read, Clara Harris' two attorneys clutched her arms, but she showed no reaction. Two baliffs were stationed behind her in case of an emotional outburst.

Behind Harris was Lindsey Harris, the teenage stepdaughter who testified she had struggled to get out of the car as it crushed her father. She sat with her mother and stepfather and was expressionless. Gerald Harris, the father of the victim and a supporter of his daughter-in-law, was somber as he held his hand against his jaw.

Jurors in the three-week-long trial reached their decision at 9:15 a.m. after deliberating for around seven hours Wednesday and one hour today on their four options: acquitting the Lake Jackson dentist of all charges; convicting her of murder; convicting her of the lesser charge of manslaughter; or convicting her of the even less serious charge of criminally negligent homicide.

Even if the jury decides Clara Harris deserves no prison sentence, she may still face other repurcussions. The State Board of Dental Examiners could revoke or suspend her license, and she has already been sued for wrongful death by her stepdaughter's mother.

Clara Harris' intent on July 24 is at the heart of the case.

In her closing arguments, Prosecutor Mia Magness Magness told jurors they could find Harris guilty of murder even if they just believe she killed him knowing that what she was doing was dangerous to human life, such as firing a gun into a crowd.

She acknowledged that some jurors' hearts may go out to Harris, who was lied to and cheated on. Sympathy, however, is irrelevant to deciding guilt, she said.

"You can't help but feel sympathy," she said, "But you know? The solution is to get a divorce. David's bad judgment, his bad choices, shouldn't result in his death. Clara Harris should have simply sought a divorce.

"She should do like every other woman in Harris County and take him to the cleaners. Get his house, car kids - make him wish he were dead. But you don't get to kill him."

Lead defense attorney George Parnham told jurors his client loved her husband and, though she had suffered "deceptions upon deceptions," never meant to kill him.

"Had she intended to kill David, her husband, would she ever have taken her stepdaughter with her?" Parnham asked. "It never would have been imagined."

Trial testimony revealed that the 17-year-old stepdaughter, Lindsey Harris -- a key prosecution witness -- spent most of July 24 with Clara Harris and was in her Mercedes-Benz when it struck and killed the Clear Lake orthodontist.

Parnham argued that Harris would not have been able to see her husband, who was standing outside his lover's sport utility vehicle in the parking lot of the Nassau Bay Hilton, in time to stop.

As she circled him while he lay on the pavement, Parnham said, alluding to scenes captured on videotape by a private investigator, the circles grew progressively tighter.

"After the third circle, she parks right next to the body," he said. "She kneels next to David and begs him to stay with her. And you know, the turns missed him."

Parnham reminded jurors of testimony from David Harris' mother, father and brother, all of whom agreed that Clara Harris loved her husband.

Magness, however, pointed out that not all of Clara Harris' relatives are standing by her. Lindsey Harris testified for the prosecution that her stepmother had vowed to "hit" her husband seconds before she stomped on the accelerator and sped in his direction.

Magness also reminded jurors of numerous eyewitnesses who testified David Harris was run over two or more times. She cited the testimony of a county medical examiner who said autopsy evidence did not support the defense's one-runover scenario.

Magness called for a murder conviction and pointed out that killing someone is still murder, even if the attacker "lost it."

"It's the momentary loss of respect for human life and taking it. Did she lose it? You bet."

"Faced with the truth, she attacked," Magness said. "But it wasn't enough to hit him; she had to punish him. So she ran over him again and again. No doubt, she was sorry when she was done.

"The bottom line is this: She got mad, engaged in reckless, knowing conduct, and David is dead because of it. Though you've heard her called a good mother, a loving spouse, a good dentist, at this point it's time to call her what she is.

"And that's a murderer."

HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Top Story
This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/topstory2/1777430

I'm sorry, but she doesn't have my sympathy. She could have sprayed his ass in the face with some mace, and had the same satisfaction of having "retaliated," only, he'd still be alive, and she'd still be lonely tomorrow.

She wasn't so sorry when she was running over him...4 times. 1 time might have been an accident. 2 times is just bizarre. 3 times...it's getting good right now. 4 times...PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL EARL!!!

The only thing she is sorry about is going to prison!!! Throw the book at her!!!

Back