Will growing gas prices/inflation impact SWAC attendance?

I suspect they are giving money away at these fast food places around here. Every time I past by one the drive thru(s) are loaded with cars. 😆
Man, ain't that the truth. Not sure where you are located, but here in the Houston area, people, for the most part, have not changed their driving habits. There is a Chick-fil-A across the parking lot from the gym that I use. They have a 2 lane drive thru. When I was leaving the gym yesterday, I noticed that both lanes were at least 10 cars deep. SMH!!!

There is a Frenchy's fried chicken here in Houston, that you can only go through the drive thru. You can't go inside. That drive thru line gets so long at times. I think to myself, why are these people sitting in this long ass line, idling away $5.00 a gallon gas for 5 wings (and they be little wings too) and fries for $15.00? But anyway, whatever.

Man, ain't that the truth. Not sure where you are located, but here in the Houston area, people, for the most part, have not changed their driving habits. There is a Chick-fil-A across the parking lot from the gym that I use. They have a 2 lane drive thru. When I was leaving the gym yesterday, I noticed that both lanes were at least 10 cars deep. SMH!!!

There is a Frenchy's fried chicken here in Houston, that you can only go through the drive thru. You can't go inside. That drive thru line gets so long at times. I think to myself, why are these people sitting in this long ass line, idling away $5.00 a gallon gas for 5 wings (and they be little wings too) and fries for $15.00? But anyway, whatever.

There is a Chick-fil-A about a mile from where I live and two lanes 10 cars deep is child’s play compared to their traffic and this goes on all evening. They have moving their traffic down to a science though and you might get your order before getting to the pick up window. (metro Atlanta). We don’t have Frenchy’s down here but Popeyes down the street have the same issue. You come out better frying your own chicken after all of that waiting depending on when you catch them. lol. I marinate my chicken, throw it in the air fryer the next day or two and save myself the frustration. lol. There is a Bojangles a little further down that has some pretty decent chicken and long lines but they tend to move their lines quicker than Popeyes.

(As you probably already know, there are a lot of AA around here…I think only NYC has more as we’ve passed up Chicago some time ago……AA Metro numbers)

Last edited:

I have been seeing instagram post about this restaurant in Houston that has lines around the building. The guy sells tacos that he dips it in some type of dip. People come there from different cities and states.

Last edited:
I have been seeing instagram post about this restaurant in Houston that has lines around the building. The guy sells tacos that he dips it in some type of dip. People come there from different cities and states.
What's the name of this place? Not that I will be going there, but I am just curious.

thing is, people are complaining about prices, but they aren't changing anything yet. they're taking trips this summer, they are buying what they want, but complaining about the prices the whole time, instead of sitting at the house and keeping the money in their pocket.

Back