Will a inner-city black high school ever win a state football title again?

Mighty Hornet,
Thanks man

Its just that a player,in our little league days we used to blow out the white teams and one year we beat Hoover so bad that they refused to play us from that point on.So why now no black team has went over the mountain and beaten Hoover and their the same kids we use to pound a few years ago?

Mighty Hornet,
Check your e-mail A.S.A.P;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by mighty hornet

Bout 10 miles

Cedar Grove (if it is still open) is (or was) less than 10 miles from SW Dekalb. I remember when they got better during the '80's when they got better and were able to play on a level with then traditional powers Griffin and Clarke Central. SW Dekalb had no problem with the Cobb County (GA) schools druing that time. As a matter of fact I do not think that too many Cobb County schools outside of Marietta went real far into the playoffs at that time.

I wonder how many public high schools exist within the city of Atlanta. At one time I remember there being about 22 in a city of 400-450,000 residents.

SW Dekalb grads in the pros:

New York Giant punter Anthony Williams
Dallas Cowboy quarterback Quincy Carter

I can't think of anyone else right now. But I do remember a FAMU QB who backed up Carter in high school. I thought that you might want to know.

EB,
Cosey Coleman from SW Dekalb plays with Tampa Bay. I'm sure there are more but I can't think of 'em either.

There are now only 10-11 public high schools in the city limits of Atl.
Washington and Douglass are probably the only 2 that have competitive football teams on a regular basis.

btw, Buford will be playing for a state championship this wknd.

So will Parkview (the big money school) :uhoh:

Can't none of dem ATL schools see LAGRANGE!!! Oh yea by the way MH, my boys will be sporting the rings this year......they beat Cedartown IN Cedartown 22-19 last night. STATE CHAMPS!!!!:D :D :D

Oh yea.....and how in the sam LLEH does a highschool team dropout of a game? After LaGrange had beaten SW Macon like 63-0, Banneker cancelled their game with LaGrange.....how is that possible?:confused: And as far as who LG has in the NFL, I know Marty Carter, Quinton McCord (just got drafted to the falcons), Walter Harris....(I think he got cut this year though, been in the league like 10 years). J R Revere, starting QB @ Georgia Southern.....im pretty sure he'll get drafted. There are a lot of linemen and linebackers i'm not really sure what their names are at this point....

As far is starting D-IA talent.....Bruce Thornton, Starting DB for UGA

Ashante Woodyard, Starting DB for Purdue

Dexter Murphy, Starting Defensive Tackle for Auburn

That's all I can think of for now..

Suburban schools win again along with one HS to a town schools in Texas.

In Georgia Class AAAAA Championhip Game- Parkview 12 Northside 7. Gwinnett County schools have won four of the last six titles in Georgia's largest classification. Parkview is located in Lilburn,GA(middle and upper class) The Booster Club's budget is over $100,000 a year. How can a inner city school compete with that? I don't see a City of Atlanta school winning any kind of class title anytime soon.

Hey Unknown,

Did you get any of those Cokes they were passing out at the Lagrange vs. Cedartown game? Congrats to the Grangers. I'm looking forward to meeting the principal after the holidays. I'm working on a special project for LaGrange.

$100K

Damn, combine that with the yearly budget the school gets and their program is set,

Back