Why even get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamuprettywoman

AAMU all day every day!
:(
Being realistic about the world and the people in it. Why try it for the sake of trying it? Why not just stay single. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thinking this. I mean the divorce rate is sky high and I'm sure most were at some point before they got married saying this is for life. But, obviously it's not. People just aren't serious about it anymore. So again...why test the waters? Why even do it. Watching all that goes on around me...I'm really discouraged...is there anyone else who's single, and eligible who feels the same way?

In my opinion, everyone should get married once and have two children. This will help them to experience the cycle of life.

Once you understand what Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa did to allow you to get to be the person you are, then life becomes more meaningful. May statement is based on normal human beings.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Too easy......

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
:(
Being realistic about the world and the people in it. Why try it for the sake of trying it? Why not just stay single. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thinking this. I mean the divorce rate is sky high and I'm sure most were at some point before they got married saying this is for life. But, obviously it's not. People just aren't serious about it anymore. So again...why test the waters? Why even do it. Watching all that goes on around me...I'm really discouraged...is there anyone else who's single, and eligible who feels the same way?

Don't worry. The State of Georgia will soon acknowledge all of that shacking you're doing as 'Common Law Marriage', so you won't be considered single for long.

:lol:

Ohhh no...NOt fall'n for dat one MD!

Mighty Dog:
In my opinion, everyone should get married once and have two children. This will help them to experience the cycle of life.

Once you understand what Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa did to allow you to get to be the person you are, then life becomes more meaningful. May statement is based on normal human beings.

I ain't gottah have no kids and get married to understand what granny and ma went through for me.

I understand. I commend all mothers and fathers. You are worthy!

But...nope!:eek:

No he didn't!

:lmao:

Don't worry. The State of Georgia will soon acknowledge all of that shacking you're doing as 'Common Law Marriage', so you won't be considered single for long.

Phatback!:p
No, you didn't just call me out like dat! :lmao:

AND FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!

<FONT SIZE=6 COLOR=RED><MARQUEE>I AIN'T SHACK'N!</MARQUEE></FONT>

Re: Ohhh no...NOt fall'n for dat one MD!

I ain't gottah have no kids and get married to understand what granny and ma went through for me.

I understand. I commend all mothers and fathers. You are worthy!

But...nope!:eek:

APW,

I have to agree with the Mighty one on this one. I too thought I understood what my parents did for me, but now that I'm the father of two little people, I have a whole new appreciation for my parents.

Well... my situation is a lot different

I love kids to death...nothing wrong wit dat...right? I adore them!
Really do and sometimes I even think I'd want to be married, but I no know.:confused:

Neither of my parents are living...so believe me ...I know what they did for me.

There is a father who killed the hockey coach up in the East, I don't agree with what he did but I understand his feelings.

APW, we are taught to debate, discuss and make decisions, but having participated in the extension of human life is something far greater than saying one understand. I have heard many women say that I want a child, because circle is complete. Many women want a child and don't care if they ever get married. It is one of those issues in life that cannot be explained.

Put it like this.... Single people do not have to get married. They can stay single, but for those that desire a family and married life...it is a work in constant progress. The family is always in a state of making it better... You'll need patience, endurance, love, understanding, communication...and forgiveness...

Marriage is more than a notion and is not for the weary or the weak...It is work. If you want to keep what you have with your spouse, you have work, work, work to do. We do it because we love the other...

:heart:

As a tax accountant, the standard deduction for married filing jointly is much higher than the standard deduction for singles.

Re: No he didn't!

<FONT SIZE=6 COLOR=RED><MARQUEE>I AIN'T SHACK'N! <font size=1>anymore</MARQUEE></FONT>
j/k

APW, I'm with you!!! I think about it all of the time. Even yesterday, I ask my co-worker, why even bother. No one values marriage anymore. No one respects God's rules, so why even bother. I'm single and not in any hurry for marriage. Why get married, if someone is going to cheat down the road. I know some are thinking...well they don't know if they are going to cheat or not. That's a given, but they do know in their own hearts whether or not they are committed to this person...entirely!!! Would you die for that person? Would you still love that person regardless of their looks? Would you be willing to love that person and show it if they get bedridden sick?

Originally posted by MikeBigg
As a tax accountant, the standard deduction for married filing jointly is much higher than the standard deduction for singles.
What if you itemize???

apw:

<FONT SIZE=6 COLOR=RED><MARQUEE>I AIN'T SHACK'N! <font size=1>anymore</MARQUEE></FONT>
j/k

blueblood:
APW, I'm with you!!! I think about it all of the time. Even yesterday, I ask my co-worker, why even bother. No one values marriage anymore. No one respects God's rules, so why even bother. I'm single and not in any hurry for marriage. Why get married, if someone is going to cheat down the road. I know some are thinking...well they don't know if they are going to cheat or not. That's a given, but they do know in their own hearts whether or not they are committed to this person...entirely!!! Would you die for that person? Would you still love that person regardless of their looks? Would you be willing to love that person and show it if they get bedridden sick?

<FONT SIZE=6 COLOR=RED>
I HAVE NEVER SHACKED!</FONT>

Can't a woman and a man live together under the same roof...itz co-ed over here!:lmao: Ain't no strings attached. I'm living proof men and women can have strictly platonic relationships...Itz other folks that want to label it, but I'm not concerned with dat! I know what's under my sheets is me and the cover!:p

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Marriage is more than a notion and is not for the weary or the weak...It is work. If you want to keep what you have with your spouse, you have work, work, work to do. We do it because we love the other...
:heart:
ON POINT!

GOOD POINT!
Thanks guys. Now I don't have to get on my marital Soapbox.....

Originally posted by BluBlood 1. Would you die for that person? 2. Would you still love that person regardless of their looks? 3. Would you be willing to love that person and show it if they get bedridden sick?
1. Yes, almost did on our honeymoon. He almost drowned and I saved him. Being much bigger he could have easily drug me under and killed me.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
But we're newlywed's... check with me in ten years...by then I might let him drown. :)

Blu,
It all sounds crazy, especially if you're not in that place yet.
Love isn't fullproof, or foolproof, and it would serve you well not to overanalyze it.
When the benefits outway the setbacks (in your mind), you know that person is the one.
You'll see. ;)

Quoting a song by Babyface & Pebbles:
"Love, makes things happen."

Quoting "Love Jones":
"Physics this tihs ain't, love, passion...it is what it is."

:love:

APW marriage really is a good thing. People can change for the best and when your are married you begin to look at things from another prespective sometimes. It is funny how having a spouse can make you think maturely about alot of situations. You know if I can change anybody can. Remember those chasewood days. I don't even have the desire to play those games anymore. Alot of my friends have been telling me how I have changed over the last couple of years they can't believe it. ;)

Ahhh Chasewood...

You're right! You have changed, even I know and see that. But, you're one out of how many. The bad outweighs the good right now, when the day comes that I can have the good outweigh the bad...I'll change. Until then, I'm truly happy just like I am and thanking God!:swink:

<FONT SIZE=6 COLOR=RED>
I ADMIT IT, I'M SHACKING!</FONT>

I know what's under my sheets is me and the cover!:p [/B]

:smh:

Right......conviently tell what goes on in your bed but conspicuously leave out the details behind closed doors in his room......the bathroom.......on the couch....

I bet y'all get it on like rabbits !!

I'm all for marriage....

Look at it this way,

Why would you marry somebody? Look at those fools on the talk shows and you can easily figure out that they were all married for the wrong reasons. I believe that it is all about perception.

I know guys who got married cuz they thought they were guaranteed some puddin' three times a week. Gee, weren't they surprised after month number 1.

I also know some ladies who thought that they could "mold dey man to what they wanted".... This same sister proposed to her man, bought the dayum rings, paid for the wedding, paid for the apartment AND the down payment on the new car. Marriage lasted all of 5 months. Homey cheated on his wedding nite. What about "he ain't right" didn't she understand?

All about perception. What is love? What is stupidity?

Stupidity. Marrying anybody who you know ain't right.

For instance, real things that make you go HMMMMMM while dating:

1) If he/she wasn't the cleanest person before you met, it ain't gonna automatically happen the day after the wedding, if ever.

2) If he/she didn't work when you met and wasn't looking for a job,...?

3) If he/she always has money, but couldn't tell you about their job (and ain't nobody in their family with loot)...?

4) If he/she would disappear on your arse for a week and you had no idea of where their arse was...?

5) If every time you ask he/she something, the reply was "Do I look like a dayum encyclopedia?"

6) If you wake up in the morning and all of the money and or credit cards in your purse/wallet was gone....

7) If she's pregnant and you ain't even sure you're the Daddy....

8) If he has three or more kids and they all have different Mammas....

9) If he/she has a nervous twitch and utters some profound isht like "Dey iz comin' fo our arse! Dey iz comin' Ah say!"

10) My personal favorite: If he/she kicks yo arse because they pissed off bout sumthin'....

All about perception.... Trying to emulate others. If you don't know good couples, how can you relate? Then again, good is relative....

I see myself getting married around 25-27, somewhere between that time period! by then I should have all my degrees and a good job! I want to be a young father for my kids which will consist of 4 boys and 1 maybe 2 girls......Im 22 right now so in order to reach this goal of having everything together, I must say it looks hard but im up for the challenge!!!!!

Im Focused mannn!!!!!

The good is mixed in with the bad.

Even the good are bad. That's my point. All relationships have their ups and downs...marriages included. There are different extremes for each. I can't say what others should do, but I can say...my tolerance level for BS is zero.

And Phatbackason...Immah gwonna haftah kicko yo arse if u keep it upper!:p
Stop misquoting me! I am not shack'n!
Phatbackson:

<FONT SIZE=6 COLOR=RED>
I ADMIT IT, I'M SHACKING!</FONT>

I know what's under my sheets is me and the cover!:p [/B]

:smh:

Right......conviently tell what goes on in your bed but conspicuously leave out the details behind closed doors in his room......the bathroom.......on the couch....

I bet y'all get it on like rabbits !!

So true, look at my taxes from last year and theyear before and the year before and.........even before I graduated from school and was working two jobs. Itemizing only helps so much ROBBER. It's like they punish you for being single with no kids.

YET ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Taxes aren't enough to convince me to marry NOW. Paying Uncle Sam is like paying for a peace of mind. I don't have to put up with BUSTAHS 'til death do us part. That's all I seem to meet it seems. I can deal with Uncle Sam 'til they say ashes to ashes.

I desire to be married one day - who knows if it will happen, but I don't think anything or anyone will ever discourage me from wanting it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back