Who will win the SWAC Men's and Women tournament

Re: Who will win the SWAC Men's and Women Basketball tournament

DAHILL said:
Bama St had a center?

Forward, center. What's the diff these days? There were a couple of post-up moves a certain guy did that caught my attention. That's what I liked. Showed tenacity and toughness in the paint. :tup:

Women:: SU or MVSU. MVSU girls will murk something. :nod: SU girls just have to be consistent all game.

Men:: SU or Bama St. SU needs to quit getting stupid turnovers and cheap fouls, and just play the game and the refs. Bama St:: No doubt they will make it to the finals this team is just hot. they are the hottest team in the SWAC right now. No doubt.

I think if Valley come into the tournament like they started the season they'll be very dangerous, but im looking for SU to be in the championship with A state.

I think Grambling is going to be the team that does anything in the tournament because whoever play them will have Rush on lock, and thats half of there points!

I think MVSU plays Jackson St this week. MVSU girls handle your buisness.

BTW I found some pics of basketball arenas. Not all of them. If anyone have any pics they can post feel free to post them. I got the picture of GSU Arena from STC when he posted game pictures. lol

Anderson is going to have to do a lot of gameplanning for us to beat Southern if our men meet in the finals. However, if SU gets upset by one of the BAMA's, Valley, etc in an early round, I think it's JSU tourney to lose.

I agree with everyone else that JSU and SU women will battle for the championship.

Tigerpride said:
However, if SU gets upset by one of the BAMA's, Valley, etc in an early round, I think it's JSU tourney to lose.
ummm, you post that as if JSU has separated itself from the others. Yall haven't. You're in 4th place. (with a trip to Bama still to come)

I think the Valley Women will play in the championship and should win. If they make it that far I think it's theres.

On the Mens side its a toss up to me. Anybody can get beat on any given day at the tournament.

mighty hornet said:
ummm, you post that as if JSU has separated itself from the others. Yall haven't. You're in 4th place. (with a trip to Bama still to come)

We have beat every SWAC team aside from Grambling and SU and we have better coaching than either of the BAMA's. We can beat Grambling if a championship was on the line. They would not beat us 3 times in one year.

So AGAIN, if SU gets upset, it's JSU's tourney to lose.

Tigerpride said:
We have beat every SWAC team aside from Grambling and SU and we have better coaching than either of the BAMA's.
again, you haven't completed the schedule, haven't been to Bama and the tourney is in Bama.

We can beat Grambling if a championship was on the line. They would not beat us 3 times in one year.
Ummm I read where Gram beat yall without Rush. That speaks volumes.

again, stop trying to pass off a 4th place team as the team to beat in the tourney. That doesn't begin to wash. (at least, with rational folks it doesn't)

I think we will.

We are on an impressive one game winning streak (beat Pine Bluff by 1 point). The chemistry, coaching and AD leadership speaks for itself. I seriously think we'll win out; I mean with our strong performance over the University of Maine (at Machias) earlier this year, that set the tone that we got the SWAC right where we want it. :D

C-LeB28 said:
I think we will.

We are on an impressive one game winning streak (beat Pine Bluff by 1 point). The chemistry, coaching and AD leadership speaks for itself. I seriously think we'll win out; I mean with our strong performance over the University of Maine (at Machias) earlier this year, that set the tone that we got the SWAC right where we want it. :D

right:xeye:

mighty hornet said:
again, you haven't completed the schedule, haven't been to Bama and the tourney is in Bama.

Ummm I read where Gram beat yall without Rush. That speaks volumes.

again, stop trying to pass off a 4th place team as the team to beat in the tourney. That doesn't begin to wash. (at least, with rational folks it doesn't)

Our schedule includes four teams that we done already whooped....Valley and Peanut at HOME and the BAMAs. You all are not going to beat JSU and Grambling back to back. JSU will win the next two easy. The BAMA's-GSU-JSU series should be interesting but I think the Big 3 are the best teams in the conference. I think JSU and GSU will win their 4 remaining games.

I know our men won't win the tourney if we have to play SU. SU is simply too damn big and strong for us. Other teams match up much better with SU. If I had to pick right now, I'd go SU, Gram and Bama State.

On the women's side, I like JSU to win it, but expect SU and probably Bama State to put up a major fight.

tigerpride, first your argument goes IF we don't have to play southern. if you want to be the best you've got to beat the best. per the standing that's su. and as much as it pains me (not because I don't like them, I just think they're not good), grambling is number 2. you defended your home court. good going in front of on average the largest crowds in the swac. lets see how your game translates on the road. can the tigers overcome, obie, ford, martin and the refs on the hill? can you go to montgomery where on average the 2nd largest crowds of the swac hang at? oh yeah, bama state has won 9 of their last 10 and it appears they can at least out coach my alma maters coach, sam west at alcorn. now don't get me wrong, tevester anderson is a very good coach and a good recruiter. he along w/ spivery at su, green at valley, jackson at bama state are in my opinion the class of the swac. and I'm starting not to be able to ignore wright at gram (they did tie for 2nd in the swac last year). so it'll be a dog fight in the tourney. su is in the best position b/c they know they'll be in the post season, the question is can anybody seen them to the jr prom instead of the big dance.

Robber said:
I know our men won't win the tourney if we have to play SU. SU is simply too damn big and strong for us. Other teams match up much better with SU. If I had to pick right now, I'd go SU, Gram and Bama State.

On the women's side, I like JSU to win it, but expect SU and probably Bama State to put up a major fight.

JSU women is the hottest team in the conference now. I really think that this is their tourney to lose. If anybody has been paying attention to the whippings they've been handing out lately can conclude that this is the team to beat. But, stranger things have happen i.e. the Amie Williams years.

C-LeB28 said:
Dude, Pine Bluff lost to us by 12. Somebody please close this thread. :smh:

the last time i checked it was a one point loss and that don't matter right now because tsu will not be in attendance... and yes we do have a chance to win the tourney mister.... the only teams we have not beaten that will be there is Southern, Grambling and Alabama State if i my memory serves me correct but all six games being a lost less than 8 points Alcorn and A&M we swept and still have one against Valley so our chance are just as good as the next team ya heard......... All we need to do is play basketball and bytchball....... and we will be alright........

KILLER-LION said:
the last time i checked it was a one point loss and that don't matter right now because tsu will not be in attendance... and yes we do have a chance to win the tourney mister.... the only teams we have not beaten that will be there is Southern, Grambling and Alabama State if i my memory serves me correct but all six games being a lost less than 8 points Alcorn and A&M we swept and still have one against Valley so our chance are just as good as the next team ya heard......... All we need to do is play basketball and bytchball....... and we will be alright........

Thank you! Now somebody is on my side :)

KILLER-LION said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: But Killer this is the sports board.

KILLER-LION said:
Alcorn and A&M we swept and still have one against Valley so our chance are just as good as the next team ya heard......... All we need to do is play basketball and bytchball....... and we will be alright........

igga stop lyin you aint swept AAMU.

Robber said:

He forgot fast but that is o.k. :lol: :emlaugh:

DAHILL said:
igga stop lyin you aint swept AAMU.

igga it was a mental error, and you talking as if AAMU basketball team is the **** them iggas can't even break a full court press, so bring that with u to the tourney and watch trotter and the rest of the bulldogs get the ass whimping they deserves........

Back