who do you think will have the best trumpet section this year???

best trumpet section in swac this

• Southern

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Jstate

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • AAMU

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • PV

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • UAPB

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well dwayne you know that we had some crabs from calloway this past year..............they might sweet talk him.........be careful..........:D :D :D

:cool: :cool:
be cool

jarred..........expect for me and jp to run the swac this year.............. trying to be the next tag team.............

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by C-Murder
jarred..........expect for me and jp to run the swac this year.............. trying to be the next tag team.............

I just was talking to JP.....That boy got in a dayum car reck...front and back...he aight though......

He was talking about he is playing grand E's....(3 e's above the staff) He told me to ask you about that....lol

I ask him to play if for when he was out side...he kept punking out....

I tell you what if he playing that he the man...I ain't even worried about going higher than a SUPA F or G...I hit a grand C a few times..but not enough times to claim it.

i played a grand c last fall on the field.......on im so glad...... yeah i played a d above grand c this summer..... i havent played higher than that in a while...........when i was a crab one of my crab brothers challenged me.....i played a g above grand c..........but thats the only time i can remember playing like that.............i love a challenge..............:D :D :D :D

but yeah i was talkin to jp sunday night he said he was gone be iight and that he is coming back........he also is getin in my squad this year............. im the only one in 17 right now.....need a lil help....before doc put some slaw in my squad................cant have that!!!! but yeah i talked to him....we already planning to do some damage already..................

Originally posted by SUtrp96
I just was talking to JP.....That boy got in a dayum car reck...front and back...he aight though......

He was talking about he is playing grand E's....(3 e's above the staff) He told me to ask you about that....lol

I ask him to play if for when he was out side...he kept punking out....

I tell you what if he playing that he the man...I ain't even worried about going higher than a SUPA F or G...I hit a grand C a few times..but not enough times to claim it.

Ive hit a few Grand E's, but right now im at Grand C's

Im not even in college band yet though, so I guess I got some time:)

You hitting the 3rd C above the staff loud and you're still in high school?

:confused:
You sure you are not getting SUPA and GRAND mixed up? If not nice......

You hitting the 3rd C above the staff loud and you're still in high school?

You sure you are not getting SUPA and GRAND mixed up? If not nice......

If youve got AOL instant Messenger, I'll prove it to you.:cool:

Originally posted by ScReAmInG cHaMp
If youve got AOL instant Messenger, I'll prove it to you.:cool:

WHat band do you play for...if you have any clips of you playing a GRAND C in your high school band post it.....

I've heard cats in high school playing SUPA C's D's and E's

You sure you know what C I am talking about?

WHat band do you play for...if you have any clips of you playing a GRAND C in your high school band post it.....

I've heard cats in high school playing SUPA C's D's and E's

You sure you know what C I am talking about?

I havent any clips of my former high school (I graduated, Fairmont Heights Marching Stingers class of 2003!)

Anyway, you're talking about the third C ABOVE the staff right ?

it would be 9 lines above the staff.

Originally posted by ScReAmInG cHaMp
I havent any clips of my former high school (I graduated, Fairmont Heights Marching Stingers class of 2003!)

Anyway, you're talking about the third C ABOVE the staff right ?

it would be 9 lines above the staff.
Yeah I would have to hear that...Arturo don't play that note much...If you consistantly hitting that note I would have to hear that to believe that...

Yeah I would have to hear that...Arturo don't play that note much...If you consistantly hitting that note I would have to hear that to believe that...

Personally, I think Jon Faddis or Cat Anderson will outscream Arturo.

AIM - Jokes Da Mc.

If you think im lying...

fugg all that what school are you going to in the fall and where is fairmont heights at??? i was hittin grand c's in high school......they wasnt loud though...........i just got that note loud like my sophomore year

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by C-Murder
fugg all that what school are you going to in the fall and where is fairmont heights at??? i was hittin grand c's in high school......they wasnt loud though...........i just got that note loud like my sophomore year

Capitol Heights, Maryland

In all truth, I WAS packed and all ready to come down there to Southern. However, My grandmother took ill, and I didn't want to be some 1200 miles away if something happened and I was needed. So im staying home and going to Bowie State:)

P.S - It's loud enough man, trust me:eek2:

i see................. we'll thats too bad.........theres always next year.......maybe you can take my place one day.....got some big shoes to fill....... but if you can do what you say, shouldnt be that hard....

Ok. First of all, (SU FOLK) Don't think that because you are in college that there is no one in highschool that can touch you. There are very gifted kids everywhere. Just maybe not any you know. The bible says(My people are destroyed because of their lack of knowledge, Get wisdom and with all of your getting, get understanding) Therefore, let me break it down for the people who don't understand. There is no one sorry in Trump Funk, no not one. We have people who can do it all. The difference between other sections and ours is that we understand the MUSICAL MACHANICS of the trumpet. I doubt that SUtrump came down here and got any awes out of anyone other than some crabs or something. No one in trump funk will be surprised at what you can do because believe you me, in this section, it's been done, you aint dealing with no pussys over here, I wish I were there. Anyway, you see, From high F all the way to A natrual are the power screaming notes. Of course we have people who can go above but not enough people in the section who can do it where it would be effective. I don't care who you are, if you play a note above A by your self and the rest of the section and band is comming with it you will not be heard. SORRY! The only way Any note above that will be heard is if you have at least 3 or more people who can do it with power and intonation. Take Nor Folk State for example or Alabama A&M(98-2000) sections. These sections could play supper Cs and fill up a stadium. I know because I heard them. Especially Nor Folk. The reason why is because they had enough people that could do it to cause that Wall of Sound that they got.
You see, At JSU you will constantly hear Fs, Gs, As,and Aflats. We know that those are the power notes. We wouldn't allow anyone to go above that alone(just because he can do it) if it's not effective. Doing that takes away from other notes that could be played with more power. Now in 1997, God blessed us with a section that had probably close to 15 to 20 screamers. At least 5 to 10 (not really sure,but close) could hit supper Cs at will. So with a section like that we could play like that. You see, every thing in Trump Funk is orginized. We know what to take up, when to take it up and who is taking it up. We have people designated to do certain things and we do it for #1.Orderley and effective orginization and #2. Proper musical context depending on what the song is and or what type of song it is. Now about the boy I was talking about that I met, Let me have you all to not be ignorant. I said what I said about him for 2 main reasons. #1.
He has much power. More power than every one in the section at JSU now. Selwin, If you are reading this, I want to let you know that you were right. I heard him finally and you were right. I wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have saw it. Anyway, #2. He has crazy ENDURANCE(wich means he can go for a long time with out giving out) We played hard none stop in the parking lot of provine high school one night from about 10pm to 2am. Me slab, Marice, selwin and Larry. We pushed that boy to the limit to see what he was really made of and he never broke and he kept climbing higher and higher. This wasn't like at a game when you have to wait your turn to play or break while the Football team has the ball, we played back to back to back and when we ran out of songs, we just screamed. In the end, It was all him. He is more powerful than me(I think...I hate to say that) The boy has range out of this world. By the end of the night we were putting up getting ready to go to Taco bell to eat and chill out at a friend of mines house. He played a supper C and held it for at least 8 long powerfull counts. Not just once, but I think about 5 to 8 times. He did this after 4 hours of hard blowing. For Trumpet players you all know how you feel after you blow your heart out at a game. And to still be able to do this is unreal for someone JUST GOING TO THE 12TH GRADE. He can't do anything but get better and better. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I don't lie and It's hard to shock me on a trumpet. As a matter of fact, the last person who shocked me on a horn was John Faddis.
For those who don't know He is a famous trumpet player who has the highest range in the world. Alturo is 2nd to him. If you go to www.TrumpetStuff.com you will be able to hear some of his music. Him and Alturo have a duet that they play together. It's off the hook. I know there will probably be some Funk mad at me for this but every one knows that I tell the truth. This isn't to critisize you all but I know how each and everyone of you play and only Donney can compare to this boy with power and no one can compare with consistant range with him. No one. When I was in my prime, I couldn't last 4 hard hours back to back non stop blowing. There isn't many people who can. When I tell you that the boy is ready, The boy is ready. To become more powerful a trumpet section to anyone who wants to know, it for everyone to do his or her part. Everyone needs to be orginized and know there role in the section. Don't try to be someone you are not. Be the best at what you are able to do. Strive for the highest alwayse. You see, I want Trump Funk to be better than 1997. You see, we know we have most schools out there but like Doc use to tell us at practice,"WE THE BOOM AND WE ARE THE BEST. THE BEST IN THE SWAC ISN'T HARD TO BE. STRIVE TO BE BETTER THAN THE BEST BAND WE(JSU) HAS EVER HAD." I think like that for my section. Don't get lax. Being better than everyone else isn't hard to do. TO be perfect is to be able to achieve all. If you haven't achieved all, practice on things you cant do instead of things you can do. You will never grow if you only practice on the things you can do. That's what this young man did and it has even motivated me to practice more and I'm not in the band any more. To be better than the swac is a low goal. The boom reach that goal with out even trying. Strive to be the best band in the Nation(literaly) I'm out.

I ain't have time to read all of that...

BUT 1st off ain't no high schooler is condition to scream on SU level of TOP screamers....POINT BLANK!!!!!!!

I don't care how high you can play...YOU won't last as long as anm experiemced SU screamer.......

Now they can have great potential....but not ready....TRUST!!!!!

That's for SU,......JSU system maybe easier...

man.................you must really not be busy..........to type all of that......are you a journalist or something? you sound like you reporting for the five 0'clock news!!!!!!! dang..........they oughtta give you nine posts for that one.........but anyway oh contrare........everybody in trumpfunk is not good......dudes in your own band can attest to that so don't go making loose statements now Dwayne!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

nobody is sad...... ok

Beilieve me when I say this... You will see, just keep comming to the games. As a matter of fact jerrad, I will prove it to you, Just call me tonight anytime after 10pm at(601)957-7359. And yes, you do need to read everything I wrote, I would apreciate it. It was for people like you.

Mayby if you read everything I said then you will understand fully where I'm comming from. Just be real with your self when it comes to this.

Originally posted by Dwayne
Mayby if you read everything I said then you will understand fully where I'm comming from. Just be real with your self when it comes to this.

D trust me, playing and screaming for hours is not a hard task..I been doing it.....

SU trumpet section is organized as such as well...trust.

I still say that boy you speak of would be broken down and made stronger.....Every screamer SU had got better at it the longer they stayed....

TRUST me they weren't no FRESHMAN out there...those were Juniors, sophmores...and a few seniors out there.....

They were shoked at:

1. How I can play and scream for so long when it was so cold out there, where the mouth piece was too cold to put their lips to..

2. they were shoked at how I was playing phrase after phrase easily climbing up to the SUPA's with ease.....

3. They were shoked I was out lasting their TOP screamer at the time RICKY RICARDO...And I ain't been on a horn since 99...and it was 01.......

My style and funk will never leave me, for I have the U installed in me......
;)

<marquee> TAP, TAP, TAP, TAP, TAP </marquee>

Back