who do you think will have the best trumpet section this year???

best trumpet section in swac this

• Southern

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Jstate

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • AAMU

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • PV

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • UAPB

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C-Murder

John Fattis Jr.
answer the question! me i think my band will surpass others this fall..... hope i'm right.............

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Me personally, The BLUFF, even though most of the tightest got kicked out, they held they own.

GBNF
D.G. Steezo

My take

My prediction for each band (optimistic, :) ):

Southern: will stay solid and powerful

J-State: with the same kind of numbers will stay solid (I hate to say it)

UAPB: I don't what happened in 2002, but if they get back to the way they were in 2001, they should be straight.

PV: They always sound clean and controlled

TxSU: They will be loud and have screamers, but will still need help on being full

AAMU: See UAPB but change 2001 to 1998-2000

GSU: Do they have trumpets at Grambling or flugelhorns :eek2:?

Valley: *holding tongue* :(

Both ASU's: Hadn't heard them in a while

On this one I'm torn between JSU and SU. UAPB,... I haven't seen you in a while but, I will make it a major effort to be at that home game.

without a doubt it will be jstate, there trumpets put it down last year. but su is only .1 behind them so close it is a tie

Re: My take

Originally posted by StateTrooper2K1
My prediction for each band (optimistic, :) ):

UAPB: I don't what happened in 2002, but if they get back to the way they were in 2001, they should be straight.

mann the 01 edition ..were beasts:eek2:

hopefully this year itll be back

The legacy of Prof Davis lives on...

Trump Funk's been the best for 30+ plus years. This year will be no different.

That is all.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I THINK IT WILL BE JACKSON STATES TRUMPETS AGAIN .THEY HAVE BEEN VERY CONSISTENT THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS SO I EXPECT NOTHING TO CHANGE.

AAMU, SU, JSU & TxSU.

UAPB trumpets sucked in 2002. They were the only handicap in their band last year.

Chi, Ill see you in Vegas dawg. I still got the pictures from Circle City Last year.

Ill be wearing the Que Psi Phi Paro again at this game.

I'm going to say this. Trump Funk has a good future. I know some crabs now that are in the 11th and 12th grade that is comming to the section in the years to come...lol...Believe me when I say, I aint worried about nothing. For everyone who is Trump Funk and reading this post, I know you all know about Thigpen from C-way. Now, I heard this boy for the first time about 3 weeks ago with Big Puss and Slab. (marice Baily and Larry Jackson) Anyway, I want you all to believe me when I say this. You all know I don't lie. The BOY IS GOING TO THE 12TH GRADE AND CAN SCREAM BETTER THAN ANYONE IN TRUMP FUNK RIGHT NOW!!! There is not a person in JSU's trumpet section that can touch this boy. I know how you all play and I heard him. He is you alls future. Do me a favor, and Don't run him away. The boy has mor power than Donney. Has a range out of this world. Not just range but power with it. If you don't believe me, Ask Marice Baily and Slab. I can't do anything with this kid. Thank GOD in heaven he is comming to JSU. Also, Look out for my boy Dexter From JIm Hill this comming up season. These 2 people with out a doubt will be sectionleaders together before it's all over with so, lets bring them in right. Anyway, my point is, JSU's trumpet section will be off the hook for about another 5 years at least. Oh yeah, one more thing to the Trump Funk Group. The boy does everything on a 1and 1half C bach mouth piece and I lie to you not. Not the shilke 13a but a 1 1/2C bach. I wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have saw it with my own 2 eyes. It seems as if.....Well, I will holla at you all. I'm out. Other bands, watch out for the future of this section.

Originally posted by Dwayne
I'm going to say this. Trump Funk has a good future. I know some crabs now that are in the 11th and 12th grade that is comming to the section in the years to come...lol...Believe me when I say, I aint worried about nothing. For everyone who is Trump Funk and reading this post, I know you all know about Thigpen from C-way. Now, I heard this boy for the first time about 3 weeks ago with Big Puss and Slab. (marice Baily and Larry Jackson) Anyway, I want you all to believe me when I say this. You all know I don't lie. The BOY IS GOING TO THE 12TH GRADE AND CAN SCREAM BETTER THAN ANYONE IN TRUMP FUNK RIGHT NOW!!! There is not a person in JSU's trumpet section that can touch this boy. I know how you all play and I heard him. He is you alls future. Do me a favor, and Don't run him away. The boy has mor power than Donney. Has a range out of this world. Not just range but power with it. If you don't believe me, Ask Marice Baily and Slab. I can't do anything with this kid. Thank GOD in heaven he is comming to JSU. Also, Look out for my boy Dexter From JIm Hill this comming up season. These 2 people with out a doubt will be sectionleaders together before it's all over with so, lets bring them in right. Anyway, my point is, JSU's trumpet section will be off the hook for about another 5 years at least. Oh yeah, one more thing to the Trump Funk Group. The boy does everything on a 1and 1half C bach mouth piece and I lie to you not. Not the shilke 13a but a 1 1/2C bach. I wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have saw it with my own 2 eyes. It seems as if.....Well, I will holla at you all. I'm out. Other bands, watch out for the future of this section.

Yall must have some weak arse niggs up there in Jackson..

Cause I swear wasn't nobody coming out of no grade in high school was going to ever fugg with my range, point blank....

Ask your boys about me when I came up there.......I just played an SUPA E (2nd E above staff) And them boys were like dayum....But I already knew most of them cats at Jaclson are mainly on F's a G's which are nice but not DEAMON material......

I bet that boy you speak of ain't running through SU screamers BET that......DANA, CHRIS, JP, STEVE, and a bunch others alone will get his mind right...

Back