who do you think will have the best trumpet section this year???

best trumpet section in swac this

• Southern

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Jstate

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • AAMU

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • PV

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • UAPB

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like I was saying, for 1 he would have to be able to know where to scream, 2 he must know when.......So for know he is straight for H.S.

Just like JP....JP may have out screamed several SU trumpets players when he was in the 11th......But if he was put on the yard for a challege SU style he would have got his lunch eaten....

Ricardo isn't the number 1 screamer. He is one of the best. You haven't went up against the best. Along time ago you were suppose to come to jackson to meet me. Don't worry about these kids. Challenge me. Me and you both came to college in 96. You should be on my level. Do you have the guts to Challenge me? This should be interesting. PS. I'm rusty lol.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No Offense

Originally posted by Dwayne
Anyway, you see, From high F all the way to A natrual are the power screaming notes. Of course we have people who can go above but not enough people in the section who can do it where it would be effective. I don't care who you are, if you play a note above A by your self and the rest of the section and band is comming with it you will not be heard. You see, At JSU you will constantly hear Fs, Gs, As,and Aflats. We know that those are the power notes. We wouldn't allow anyone to go above that alone(just because he can do it) if it's not effective.

I don't doubt that there are TF members out there playin' higher than G's and A's but I have seen to many *****s in y'all section resting out waiting for those notes. This is with my own eyes and on tapes. I seen a tape a couple of weeks ago that showed the Boom playin' "Before I Let Go" and they had about 3-4 guys just wipin' their lips the whole song, waiting on the end to play what sounded like a F or a F#. That's not being a screamer.

Ricardo isn't the number 1 screamer. He is one of the best. You haven't went up against the best. Along time ago you were suppose to come to jackson to meet me. Don't worry about these kids. Challenge me. Me and you both came to college in 96. You should be on my level. Do you have the guts to Challenge me? This should be interesting. PS. I'm rusty lol.

D 9 times out of 10 if you let a high schooler out last you (assuming because youare rusty) you won't be able to out last me trust that.....It was another cat that stayed in my apartment complex here in New Orleans.....He was trump funk, he went up in 95 I forget his name....he went to Landry High School here in New Orleans.... He ain't want none...And the way he talked you wasn't ready for him....

So don't set yourself up for something you can't handle....

I know the person you are talking about. There is no one from the class of 95 that went to JSU that can touch me except 1 person and that boy's name was Shaun Kimp. He is a Pro trumpet player now with a bluse singer. (I forget who it was) Anyway, He is also in the marine band playing first trumpet. I know the whole class of 95. They were sophamores when I got to JSU and the ones from Lousiana were the worst players. Now, they all got better in time. As a matter of fact, Slab is a crab of 95 and He became one of the best screamers to ever come through JSU. U see, at JSU, if you have any potential at all, It will be processed and delivered before you leave here. There may have been some people in the section who rested out but that doesn't excuse it. Everybody's band has a few of those 1note wonder people. If you say SU doesn't you are a lie. How would you know anyway, You can't see the whole section when you are playing. I play my horn still, just not as long and hard as I use to. I have never challenged anyone from SU but I wanted to. I have challenged people from Alcorn and Tenn. State back in the day and it was no contest. I know some one from SU would be a challenge so If you doubting me, Try me. You know my number (any one from SU) so get at me. I will represent the Royal order well, trust me. Please no one from no other band try to come at me because it will be no contest. No one esle is on my level and I know this. Now it is really getting interesting.

C-murder, you are right about 1 thing. Trump Funk don't play games. We blow to destroy and that is the challenging mentality that I have and that all the real *****z have in this section. We back down from no one. Ask FAMU about us in 98 when we had the smallest section ever in the History.

Originally posted by C-Murder
well dwayne you know that we had some crabs from calloway this past year..............they might sweet talk him.........be careful..........:D :D :D

:cool: :cool:
be cool

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Frat, are you saying there are some cats from my Alma Mater Callaway marching in Jukebox ? I wish I had known that. Bruh you will have to show me who they are this fall. Any trumpets? I think myself in 84 and then my protege Ary Wright in 86 were the first and last trumpets from Callaway to come to SU. I know we had some other cats come in the 90s. I think frat "Sickle Cell" came in 90.

BTW, I believe Dwayne if he says the cat at Callaway is real.
I have heard a few reports about him. I see they are keeping up the Trumpet tradition over on 601 Beasley Road. :D

I would expect TrumpFunk to be tight as usual. Very seldom does JSU have a weak trumpet section. Normally they are on point and are very technical. We had some memorable battles in the 80s.

SU is back as far as trumpets are concerned. I was proud of the boys last year. We have had some on and off years. I am hoping we are building on what they did last year.

AAMU always seem to have that potential to do some damage as well.

Tx SU need some numbers. They are blowing for their size.

Yes and you better believe it. Callaway has alwayse had a good trumpet section but this boy is awsome. You may know him jr. His Dad is Pastor Thigpen. His 2 older sons marched in the boom. One is off the hook on Tuba and the other on sax. They have another brother that plays the piano for the Mississippi Mass. There whole family is musically incline. I took Piano lessons from his Dad growing up. I'm not worried about what your friends say. They don't know like I know. Believe me when I say that Trump Funks Future is Bright. VERY!

Yes and you better believe it. Callaway has alwayse had a good trumpet section but this boy is awsome. You may know him jr. His Dad is Pastor Thigpen. His 2 older sons marched in the boom. One is off the hook on Tuba and the other on sax. They have another brother that plays the piano for the Mississippi Mass. There whole family is musically incline. I took Piano lessons from his Dad growing up. I'm not worried about what your friends say. They don't know like I know. Believe me when I say that Trump Funks Future is Bright. VERY!

Yep,
I know his people. No need to sell me on it Dwayne. I believe ya. Folks don't realize there is some serious talent in and around Jackson. Always has been. Heck we had some nice Trumpet sections when I was a C'Way. Most went on to JSU.

Is this the same Callaway High School that said they "blew on Jackson State" last year at the Battle of The Bands in Jackson last year?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
there's a cat from callaway that plays 2nd trumpet.. Dang i forgot the kid name though..

ask state trooper he knows..

I can't remember myself

Hey, JR, we do have a new trumpet player from Callaway. I think his name is Marcus. I really can't remember his last name. I used to sit pretty close to him. I guess constantly calling him "Crab", "Boy", and/or "Bald-headed B!tch" erased his real name from my memory. He is now S PHI D, too. He is real cool and can play too

yeah marcus is one of my children and an honorary memphis mack........he told me that whitehaven sucked when he saw us and we got real aquainted shortly thereafter.......real aquinted. i told him by the time i got through with him he was gonna wanna move to blackhaven........

Yes, Yes, and that was me who "accidently" asked him what he thought of Whitehaven at the JSU/SU game in '99 and "accidently" relayed his response to them "Blackhaven" boys. My bad.......;)

Back