What SWAC Band has the best version of the Star Spangled Banner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by KRANKin98
You mean the same guy that said IRAQ is the biggest threat to America yet only rocket launchers and buried, disabled fighter jets have been found :lmao:

Not the best form of persuasion used there. Although it does sound nice....maybe that is the only thing on record that he hasnt lied about :cool:

LMAO....We tried to warn y'all.

Blame Florida.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: THIS IS WHAT PV VERSION OF THE ANTHEM DO TO ME. IT'S SO WARM WITH THAT JAZZY OPENINIG THEN WE SWITHC IT UP. NICE WARM SOUND.

I ALSO LIKE JSU

TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

I KNOW YALL MIGHT KILL ME FOR THIS BUT I LIKE PV TOO BUT THAT IS CAUSE BAMA ST DONT PLAY THERE ARRANGERMENT FROM THE MID 90'S WHEN THEY WERE UNDER BRAY

PV

PV is not all I thought it would be, it had some very nice parts and I personally like Valley's the best. Jackson State ain't bad either

Well I never sat and listen to each band play the national athem but for the black national athem LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING will be SU.

I like our new one. It's similar or the same as Baylor's.
PV's is tight.
I don't really care that much for playing the Star Spangled Banner as opposed to hearing it sung and singing along. It's on my all time worst list of songs I hate to actually play. Along with Back in Stride.:redhot:

Everyone is different.

Originally posted by Square357
G S U have ya'll heard PV's version nuff said....
Those are two different musical interpretations of the same song and I just happen to like both. Personally,...I like my music the way I like my food,.....RICH !!! People are different and tastes are different. Moods are different. Who's to say which one is better but, only to one's preference? I listen to different poeple sing the same song with their own individual interpretation based on my mood. Sometimes with a lot of horns and rhythm sections and then maybe the same song with just a piano and string bass. The same theme is gettin' across. The richness in texture is still there.

The PV version is aight, but I expected more with all the hype in this thread. I like the 2nd half of the UAPB/GSU version, but I do like the trumpet fanfare on ours.

Originally posted by Crunchy B
If the President(...and his daddy!) say it's the best arrangement that they have ever heard, who can argue with that. :confused:

The president said that Iraq presented a danger to the US and the world. He also said that they still have weapons of mass destruction.

Originally posted by Unknowm
Jackson State.

I agree. I don't that playing a 4/4 Star Spangled Banner is cool. I know it's the version that Whitney Houston sanged, but 4/4....... No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back