What SWAC Band has the best version of the Star Spangled Banner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too Easy.........

PV, hands down has the best arrangement of the national anthem. We have heard plenty of times how people have tried to buy prof. Edwards' arrangement but he won't sell. It's just that darn good. I have heard alot of the other arrangements from the "better" schools in the SWAC and it does not compare to ours.

I haven't heard PV's in a while but, theirs and Grambling's sounds somewhat alike . Therefore, I'll go with these two schools.

Originally posted by Legend35
I haven't heard PV's in a while but, theirs and Grambling's sounds somewhat alike . Therefore, I'll go with these two schools.

Click the link in my first reply and you can hear it.

If the President(...and his daddy!) say it's the best arrangement that they have ever heard, who can argue with that. :confused:

Originally posted by s phi s
Click the link in my first reply and you can hear it.
Oh yes!!!,...thank you. They are nothing alike only share the same key. I hear a lot of theoretical activity going on and it has a royal brillance to it's sound. I like it,....I like it a lot and I also like ours as well. I still stand by my original statement. Thank you s phi s.

PV's hands down! No other band can compare, well that is unless they play our arrangement, but then that still means ours is the best. So my final answer is, P V's

You know ,...how can we say really which one is the best when we as a people are different? Does everyone eat the same thing on a cheese burger? Some people hate mayo, onion and even cheese for that matter. I prefer to have it fully loaded with the exception of mayo and yet, I want to taste a balance of the whole burger without the sauces dripping on my shirt. What I'm saying is it depends on what an individual likes in terms of color, dynamics and chord resolutions .That's what I really like.

Just a thought.

I guess no body has heard Mississippi Valley State University.
They have the best Star Spangled Banner. Man Valley's is beautiful. I wish I knew how to post it on here. I do not like FAMU's. I hated ours (JSU). My high school national anthem was good. We had two that we played.

GRAMBLING HAS THE BEST STAR SPANGLED BANNER. PV HAS A GOOD ONE ,WE PLAYED AN ARRANGEMENT THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO THE ONE PV PLAYED IN 92 OR 93 AT GSU. THE WHITNEY HOUSTON VERSION THAT SHE DID AT THE SUPER BOWL, BUT GSU PRESENTLY HAS THE BEST ONE.

Originally posted by Shake_em_Off
MAYBE IT'S JUST ME, but I don't like PV National Anthem.

You are entitled to that. Everybody ain't gonna like us. Our style ain't for everyone.

Everytime I hear PV's arrangement of that song I get chills. Prof. Edwards really arranged that song. Much props to the Storm.

I like JSU's version as well.....even though IMO it's a little on the square side......But I like nonetheless.

Ok, They are not in the SWAC. OK

So, now what?

Will we all be killed? Oh gratious me.

Damn, stop being so sensitive. :swink:

Read the dayum topic title and answer accordingly. That's now what. If USM has a good national anthem, so be it. But we are talkiung about the SWAC in this particular thread. ;)

Originally posted by Crunchy B
If the President(...and his daddy!) say it's the best arrangement that they have ever heard, who can argue with that. :confused:

You mean the same guy that said IRAQ is the biggest threat to America yet only rocket launchers and buried, disabled fighter jets have been found :lmao:

Not the best form of persuasion used there. Although it does sound nice....maybe that is the only thing on record that he hasnt lied about :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back