What is the future status of the Southern Heritage Classic?

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Being a current resident of Memphis and having the opportunity to see the impact that this game has had locally, I am curious. I understood Deion's argument against it but I felt that things could have been worked out if all committed parties were willing. With that being said, will we now keep seeing JSU vs. TSU in the future? I remember and understanding that the contract would be played out for a year or two and then organizers will move on. Have they already replaced JSU or are negotiations going on?

I can't lie and will go ahead admit, I'd love to see Tennessee State vs. Alabama A&M in this game. I know I know, just wishful progressive thinking and wishing from a Bulldog Fan. Still, I know Fred Jones and them have something in the works if JSU falls through.

JayThomas

I can't lie and will go ahead admit, I'd love to see Tennessee State vs. Alabama A&M in this game. I know I know, just wishful progressive thinking and wishing from a Bulldog Fan. Still, I know Fred Jones and them have something in the works if JSU falls through.

Time will surely tell. I always felt like TSU and AAMU should have already had an existing series in place considering the schools are merely 2+ hours apart; this should have been an annual game folks could look forward to seeing. I blame TSU for that not happening more than anybody else and I'm a BIG BLUE TIGER FAN!!!!

AAMU v TSU in the SHC? IF Fred can make that happen, PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!

tsugraytiger

They should go ahead and extend the contract past 2024. Unless they plan to add Alcorn or SU ... it gets no better than UAPB. I mean UAPB is the closest school.

Grambling fan base is pretty inconsistent in the last couple of years, I would not bother adding them.

CEE DOG

They should go ahead and extend the contract past 2024. Unless they plan to add Alcorn or SU ... it gets no better than UAPB. I mean UAPB is the closest school.

Grambling fan base is pretty inconsistent in the last couple of years, I would not bother adding them.
Actually we have been Tennessee State biggest crowd in the John Merritt classic. I think us and Tennessee St would draw big numbers in Memphis. Only a 3.5 hour drive.