What band will shake up the SWAC in the Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played Running Away because I arranged it because I liked the song. That's the problem with talking shat that you don't know. ASSuming makes you look, well, worse than you already do. As far as the year that you tried to turn the show, I can't remember it off the top of my head, but it will come to me soon.

So you mean to tell me that the entire world got the 2 man/lil man move from Grambling???? Now if you believe that, then I need to re-evaluate how I look at you. Has PV done the lil man?? Ya dayum skippy. Did they get it from Grambling??? L Naw. The first time.

Roady, you already know where I'm coming from when dealing with these young GSU fools.

We aren't trying to be like ANYONE in the SWAC, MEwACk, SIAC, nutSACk, or anybody else....ESPECIALLY Grambling. Now you can pass that bullshat off on someone who doesn't know any better.

And for the love of God, will you please come up with a new excuse why our band is not better than you. Cuz the travelling thing is pretty weak.

say S Phi S what in the world are you talking about. dawg answer this why did you all run this past year at the cotton bowl. Why we got more house than yall did even with Paul Wall and his home boy. Why did you all do the same field show from End of The Road year. Dawg the only reason PV is known is because of The Box. The Box makes PV what it is. But you to blind to realize that. Man to thine own self be true fareal. Some of you on here need to realize that. I am true because not once have I ever said PV, SU, JSU, ASU(both), TSU, AAMU, MVSU, and UAPB are garbage. I respect every band I don't let my pride get in the way of what is real like some of you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by World Famed
say S Phi S what in the world are you talking about. dawg answer this why did you all run this past year at the cotton bowl. Why we got more house than yall did even with Paul Wall and his home boy. Why did you all do the same field show from End of The Road year. Dawg the only reason PV is known is because of The Box. The Box makes PV what it is. But you to blind to realize that. Man to thine own self be true fareal. Some of you on here need to realize that. I am true because not once have I ever said PV, SU, JSU, ASU(both), TSU, AAMU, MVSU, and UAPB are garbage. I respect every band I don't let my pride get in the way of what is real like some of you.

I don't know why, but I'm gonna aswer this GOBBAGE...

We would have left the Cotton Bowl this year as soon as we played the Alma Mater until the MBC producers asked us to stay and play as the game went off the air. So we obliged and played a few songs (we were not interested in staying to battle the slaw that was Grambling this year, but since they asked...). We played 3 songs, and we left. We weren't running from you...That is the funniest thing I have heard all season.

PV has repeated a show????? Unlike MOST of you bands, PV has a completely new drill every season(sometimes 2 or 3 per season). We don't go out and do the same thing that our parents did when they were in the band. So I will dismiss that repeating bullshat as just what it is.....bullshat.

As for the field show, I have said it before and will say it again. We blew an amp on OUR PA system. We didn't use the stadium PA for portions of our show. When the amp blows, there goes the sound. Was it our fault? No. Did we suffer for it? Yes. You win the field show by default. You want a cookie? But you were NOT the better band. We picked you apart section by section.

As for the BOX, yeah that might be all that some people know about us. But I would rather that all they know us for is having a fire percussion section rather than the Tampax band...:( Some of you are sadder than _ _ _!!!!:(

Tampax Band why we can't be known as the Coke-a-Cola Band or the Wheel of Fourtune Band or even the Cartoon Network band. But you choose to call us that you know ay that is you. I have proof of what I am saying about the same field show from that time GSU played End of The Road and Eddie played Sax. You all song If This World Were Mine and The Box did the same show not to mention the same drill. I'll be more than happy to get the tape from one of my homeboys and send it to you if you would like me to. Man thank you for clearing up why you all left. And also if the PA system went out ay you are right you all have no control over that. But you make it seem as if we are garbge on the field when we are one of the most exciting bands on the field that there is today.

Originally posted by World Famed
Tampax Band why we can't be known as the Coke-a-Cola Band or the Wheel of Fourtune Band or even the Cartoon Network band. But you choose to call us that you know ay that is you. I have proof of what I am saying about the same field show from that time GSU played End of The Road and Eddie played Sax. You all song If This World Were Mine and The Box did the same show not to mention the same drill. I'll be more than happy to get the tape from one of my homeboys and send it to you if you would like me to. Man thank you for clearing up why you all left. And also if the PA system went out ay you are right you all have no control over that. But you make it seem as if we are garbge on the field when we are one of the most exciting bands on the field that there is today.

BOY, quit putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about what you do on the field. I was talking about how you sound (horrible). You act like you have never used a 'throwback' song. If the mics wouldn't have gone out, it would have popped off. But we can't change that. The BOX feature is NEVER repeated, so you can toss that gobbage in the can too. You don't have to send me tapes of ANYTHING. I have seen the show you mention too many times. And that only makes what you are saying look even STUPIDER.

HEY PV

MAN I REFERED TO YOU ALL PLAYING RUNNING AWAY BECAUSE SOME DUMB ARSE IN YOUR BAND TALKING ABOUT GRAM PLAYED BIG BALLIN BECAUSE OF THEM, BIG BALLIN WAS PLAYED BECAUSE SOMEONE WROTE IT AND THE DIRECTOR WANTED TO PUT IT IN THE BOOK, THATS WHY I SAID THAT BUT FOR THE RECORDS GRAMBLING WAS PLAYING RUNNING AWAY IN THE 80'S A DIFFERENT ARRANGEMENT BUT THE SAME SONG IT WAS JUST TOUCHED UP IN THE 90'S I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST PV BUT DON'T GET ON HERE LIKE PV IS JUST THE SHAT AND TELL ME WHAT THE RESON WHY GRAM GOT SO MUCH HOUSE IN 2001 IN THE COTTON BOWL YOU SAID 2002 THE AMP SYSTEM SO WHATS YOUR REASON FOR 2001. GARBAGE IS UNWANTED WASTE IT DOESN'T MOVE , IT JUST LAYS THERE ROTTING AND STINKING GRAM IS NOT THAT GRAM IS ALWAYS ON THE GO WE DO THE COMMERCIALS, GRAM REPRESENTED THE SWAC IN THE FIRST HONDA BATTLE OF THE BANDS, DO THE MOVIES, PERFORM ALL OVER WHILE PV STAYS IN TEXAS SO YOU ARE THE GARBAGE. DDIDN'T WANT TO BRAGG BUT I LIKE TO GET MY POINT ACROSS YOU HAVE TO DO IT WITH YOU FOOLS ON HERE. I'M NOT A LIL MAN TRUST EITHER TO CLEAR YOUR REMARK UP I AM A GRAMBLING ALUMNI AND I'M JUST TIRED OF YOU DOGGING THE BAND THAT I MARCHED IN AND THE BAND THAT OPENED DOORS FOR A LOT OF HBCU BANDS. GRAMBLING SHOULD GET A LITTLE MORE CREDIT FOR WHAT THEY BROUGHT TO THE TABLE BUT HATERS JUST HATE. TRUE GRAMBLING HAS NOT BEEN UP TO PARE LIKE THEY SHOULD BUT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET BETTER, I KNOW GRAM IS NO TRASH OR IS SLAW. AND FOR YOU ALL THAT USE CALL US GRAMPAX,GSUPOO,WORLD SHAMED,GRUMBLING KEEP THOSE ELEMENTARY STATEMENTS TO YOURSELF. ONE THING THAT IS A FACT GRAMBLING RULES THE FIELD NO ONE ENTERTAINS AND ROCKS THE CROWD LIKE GRAMBLING IT HAPPENED IN THE PAST AND STILL THE PRESENT AND ONLY WILL GET BETTER IN THE UPCOMING FUTURE,COULD HAVE KEPT THAT STATEMENT THAT OUR PARENTS DID THE SAME DANCES THAT GRAM IS DOING NOW. I ADMITT SOME OF THE DANCES ARE STILL USE BUT A LOT AREN'T BECAUSE OF THE TECHNICALITY OF THEME BUT WE GRAM STILL USE SOME OF THE DANCES BECAUSE THEY LOOK GOOD AND NO OTHER COLLEGE CAN'T DO THEM, THEY DON'T ATTEMPT THATS WHY GRAMBLING IS SLAW. SLAW IS WHEN THE BAND DON'T HAVE NOTHING GOING FOR THEM, TO SUM IS UP AGAIN GRAM OWNS THE FIELD(ENTERTAIN THE CROWD),GRAM IS THE MEDIA BAND(MOVIES/COMMERCIALS/DOCUMENTARIES,NCAA HALL OF CHAMPIONS FIRST BAND TO BE INDUCTED TO FAR FROM SLAW. I WISH YOU ALL WOULD JUST STOP HATING AND WANT ALL THE BANDS IN THE SWAC TO BE TIGHT BUT IT'S A LOT OF EVIL ARSE *****S OUT IN THE WORLD I SEE.

Man use a period and a shift key. That SHAT gave me a headache. That looks worser than Bills, Bills, Bills sounded.

Once again for you SLOW folks. Nobody said anything about what you do, have done, did, will do in the future. I don't care if you spin on your nose for house and a commercial. Do what ya do. Nobody ever said that Garbage didn't have all those accomplishments and accolades, yadda yadda. What I said is that you sound like a drunk mule pee'ing off a cliff. If that's what gets you house and gets you over, then by all means, do what you do. Travelling and having a good band have nothing to do with each other. Grambling is a mirror image of the music industry today. See if you can figure out what I mean.

Ashanti, send help.

PS....I would like you to point out any instances where I was "hating". People kill me with that crap.

YEAH YOU SAY THAT TRAVELING AND HAVING A GOOD BAND HAS NOTHING IN COMMON, YOU ARE SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE NOT DOING IT. IT DOES IF PEOPLE PAY FOR YOU TO COME DO THINGS FOR THEM ,YOU MUST BE GOOD IF SOMEONE GOES OUT OF THEIR WAY TO PAY ALL THOSE G'S FOR YOU TO PERFORM. SOME BANDS ARE JUST NOT AS FORTUNATE TO HAVE THAT HAPPEN TO THEM. SHOWCASE YOUR BAND MORE INSTEAD OF THE DRUM SECTION AND MAYBE PVS' BAND WOULD GET NOTICED . NOT SAYING THAT PVS' BAND ISN'T GOOD BUT I KNOW WHEN EVERYONE THINKS OF PV THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND IS THE DRUM SECTION. A LOT OF FOLKS HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD OF PRARIE VIEW COME TO THINK OF IT. ALL THIS STUFF STARTED FROM A QUESTION ASK WHAT BAND IN THE SWAC THIS YEAR IS GOING TO STIR THINGS UP. AND SOMEONE SAID GRAMBLING AND PINE BLUFF AND ALL HELL BROKE LOSE. SU, AND PVS' FOLKS AME ON HERE TALKING NEGATIVE AND A WAR BROKE OUT. I SEE WHY I RESPECT J-STATE SO MUCH BECAUSE THEY COOL AND STAY IN THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND THEY JUST TALK WITH THERE HORNS AND RARELY DOWN SOMEONE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOUTHERN LOL.GRAMBLING IS READY FOR A COMEBACK, I DON'T CARE WHAT THE DOUBTERS THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE IT OR NOT THE SOUND WILL DEFINITLY IMPROVE THATS ALREADY BEEN HAPPENING IN THE CONCERT PART OF THE SEASON. MORE THINGS HAPPENED ON THE POSITIVE SIDE TO BUT I WILL KEEP GRAMBLING BUSINESS FOR GRAMBLING. LIKE I SAID IN MY MY PREVIOUS POST. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL BANDS IN THE SWAC TIGHT, I DON'T SEE WHY A LOT OF YOU ALL LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE DOWN AND DON'T UPLIFT,BUT PAY BACKS A BIATCH, WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN. IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG COMEBACK, BECAUSE GRAM HAS HAD THEIR SHARE OF UPS AND DOWN, AND A LOT OF OTHER BANDS WILL GO THROUGHT THE SAME THING, TRUST ME.

You have your opinion of us, and that's cool. If what YOU think of when you think of Prairie View is drums, then so be it. There are quite a few more educated people that think otherwise. You can't please everybody.

And will you PLEASE stop digging yourself a hole by saying stuff you know nothing about. #1...the travelling thing is old because PV has travelled (y'all look at the 2 away games we don't make a year and say we never go anywhere when 75% of the SWAC owes PV a trip).

I don't control what other people from PV, nor any other school say. But if you come with bullshat and falsities about my band, I must say something about it. If making commercials is what you think having a good band is all about, then that is you. But you were not the first band to be offered some of the stuff you do. You are just the one to accept it.

Your opinion of us is your opinion of us, but don't distort it and try to pass it off as truth to those that couldn't witness for yourself.

Question: Would you rather be good and have people only know about you through word of mouth? Or would you rather go everywhere and do everything so the whole world can know how bad you really sound?

Originally posted by usa today
YOU ALL ACT LIKE YALL STARTED BIG BALLIN, I THINK NOT SO KEEP THOSE LAME ARSE STATEMENTS UNTIL YOU GET THE FACTS, PLEASE DON'T STATE THEM AND LIKE I SAID PV DON'T SAY NOTHING UNTIL YOU ALL LEAVE THE STATE OF TEXAS.

Actually (and factually), JSU and PV started playing Big Ballin' when the song actually came out (before it got "band popular"). I didn't hear anybody else play it till the next season. And speaking of JSU's Big Ballin', Gram's version sounds eerily similar to it...

Originally posted by Legend35
What can I say to this? Conrad Hutchinson and Coach Rob unlike most of us worked together. It wasn't a pride thing with them because both programs was connected. It was Mr. Hutchinson who knew the owner of the N.Y. Yankees who was later introduced to Coach Rob. This is how we started playing in New York and because we was the first black college that made a good impression, doors was opened for other bands to follow. For your information MINSTRIAL SHOWS was a part of history and there's nothing I can do about that. Unlike the way you are talking, I am not ashamed of our rich history. That was the only way some black entertainers of that day could feed their families. There was no market for Black College Bands until Mr. Hutchinson, Dr. Foster, Dr. Grier and others came along and paved a way for you to sit here and spit on what they had to do to get you the avenues of opportunities you have today.They worked within an immoral and the unfair confines of a hateful society and established something good for young black youths coming from the rear. Something that gave us recognition and respect today in the mist of crap then. The only thing that is different today is we are entertaining our own people with the type of non-stop performances our own people want to see. Now I'm sure they don't think we are out there makin' a fool of ourselves and be-littling ourselves and our race.

You think you know and understand history? Well, my teacher says it best, "The only thing new in this world is the history you don't know".

whatever Mantan.... I mean legend:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by s phi s
We played Running Away because I arranged it because I liked the song. That's the problem with talking shat that you don't know. ASSuming makes you look, well, worse than you already do. As far as the year that you tried to turn the show, I can't remember it off the top of my head, but it will come to me soon.

man i think it was '94 or '95. That was the last year they let the crowed vote on best band.

Anyway I really think it is sad when the only G-Sync fans on this page are members and ex-members of thier boy band. You can say we don't travel all you want but lets just be real. Everyone has seen ya'll and we all have the same opinion. G- Sync sucks!!!! I remember my highschool came down to march G-Syncs homecomming parade in 93 or 94. Anyway at that time I was under the same illusion as every other american who has yet to experience the SWAC as a whole. I though G-Sync was the shat... that is until I actually saw them. It was funny as L. G-Sync was "Rock'n tha House", exactly like JSU i might add, playing their little hearts out the entire first quarter. Then something I never thought would happen, did. TxSU showed up a liitle into the second quater blown' the shat out of Neck. I don't mean after they quietly enter the stadium becase they were about an hour late. I mean from the top of the stadium down into poor little G-Syncs face. You could hear a pin drop after they finished. This little bitty band that had not to long been off been off suspension from the Japan incodent was waxn' G-Sync arse.

"Be true to thine own self" huh? I think you srubs are the only ones who need a reality check. Build your skillz and shut the fug up.

EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ABOUT BAND KNOWS GRAMBLING STARTED ROCK THE HOUSE THAT JSU DOES NOW. SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT ?LEARN YOUR HISTORY BEFORE YOU THROW SOMETHING OUT THERE .THAT YEAR THE OCEAN DID SNEAK UP ON GRAM BUT IT WASN'T MASSACRE. GRAM SOMETIMES DON'T TAKE A LOT OF BANDS SERIOUS BECAUSE OF THE EGO SO IT BITES THEM IN THE ARSE SOEMTIMES BUT IT'S GONNA GET BETTER BECAUSE I THINK THEY LEARNED A LOT THIS PAST FOOTBALL SEASON. THIS IS FOR S PHI S . GRAM AND J-STATES ARRANGEMENT IS DIFFERENT TRUST ME I LIKE J-STATES BETTER BUT GRAMS ARRANGEMENT IS ALRIGHT. AND FOR YOUR QUESTION YES I WOULD LIKE THE BAND TO BE GREAT AND TRAVEL LIKE GRAMBLING USED TO BE ,BUT WHEN YOU GOT THAT LEGENDARY REPUTATION AS THE WORLD FAMED TIGER MARCHING BAND YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT TO IT, TRAVELING IS NATURAL FOR GRAMBLING IT'S LIKE WAKING UP TAKING A BATH YOU HAVE TO DO IT. GRAM IS REALLY FORTUNATE TO GET THE BREAKS THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS BECAUSE THEY KNOW AND I KNOW THAT THE BAND ISN'T LIKE IT USED TO BE, BUT MONEY TALKS, IF THEY PAY IS GOOD AND YOU JUST HAVE TO PERFORM . THEN WHY NOT! I'M SURE IF PRARIE VIEW GOT THOSE OFFERS THEY WOULD TAKE THEM TO, YOU WOULD BE A FOOL IF YOU DIDN'T. WHAT THE HELL IS A G-SYNC, YOU ALL CAN GET IT OUT YALLS HEAD GRAM WILL NEVER STOP DANCING AND PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME .THAT IS GRAMBLINGS' SIGNATURE THAT SEPARATED GRAMBLINGS' SHOWS FROM THE REST AND PEOPLE ARE AMAZED TO SEE A BAND DO CHOREOGRAPHY AND PLAY AT THE SAME TIME. I KNOW FOR A FACT GRAM WILL KEEP THAT TRAIT, BECAUSE A LOT OF BANDS CANNOT DO THE MOVES THAT GRAMBLING DO WHILE PLAYING. ANYBODY CAN STAND STILL AND PLAY. LIKE I SAID THE SOUND AND THE BAND WILL IMPORVE THIS YEAR . THEY HAVE EVALUATED THIS PAST SEASON VERY CAREFULLY AND IT'S GONNA BE A BIG CHANGE STARTING AUGUST 1ST AND IT'S FOR THE GOOD. AND OH SU PLAYED BIG BALLIN BEFORE JSU OR PV SOMETHING PEOPLE DON'T KNOW. OTHER BANDS PROBABLY WAS OFFERED 1 OR 2 THINGS BEFORE GRAM BUT NOT MANY BEFORE GRAM. LIKE THE NAACP AWARDS WAS OFFERED TO GRAM FIRST BUT JACKSON TOOK IT AFTER GRAMBLING REPLIED WHICH I DON'T BLAME THEM BECAUSE THAT IS PUBLICITY FOR THE BAND AND SCHOOL, BUT THE HEAD DIRECTOR SAID HE WAS NOT GOING TO PAY TO FLY OUT THERE AND SOMETHING MAY HAPPENED AND THE BAND DIDN'T GET A REINBERSMENT. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW?THIS THREAD HAS TURNED IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION THAN IS SUPPOSE TO BUT THATS COOL.

Because you are sitting here trying to prove to me that G-sync is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You KEEP leaning on the PAST. Do I need to dance while I type for you to understand this??? I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHAT YOU DO, NOR DO I CARE HOW YOU DO IT!!!! I thought they taught reading comprehension in Grambling. I said that the band sounded like a rusty trash compactor. You can dance a hole in your K-Swiss for all I care. You sound BAD. I guess that is why you take those gigs where all ya gotta do is dance, not play. You can sit there and try to double talk yourself into thinking that Grambling has actually had a good band the last few years, but you can't pass that off on me. If you use house and travel to determine what a good band is, then you are in the right place.

This pic says a WHOLE lot about G-Sync.
toon10.jpg

Dwight Mann, send dancing monkeys...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Didn't PV play for Alberstons grocery store? Everybody knows that PV is the SWAC version of FAMU. Take away the Box and the Foxes from PV and you have FAMU.

Yeah we did. And?? We actually played instead of stood there and danced with our horns in our hand while the music was pumped through speakers.

As far as us being FAMU (minus BOX and Foxes)....I would have expected a statement like that from a younger cat (but then I gotta look at who I'm talking to). Other than the uniforms, our comparison to FAMU is ridiculous. What do we do like FAMU???

Originally posted by s phi s
Yeah we did. And?? We actually played instead of stood there and danced with our horns in our hand while the music was pumped through speakers.

I would have expected a statement like that from a younger cat (but then I gotta look at who I'm talking to).

Please tell me you know the difference between performing at a location and a commercial. Please tell me you've seen a marching band play live for a national tv spot/comercial.

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
I would have expected a statement like that from a younger cat (but then I gotta look at who I'm talking to).

Please tell me you know the difference between performing at a location and a commercial. Please tell me you've seen a marching band play live for a national tv spot/comercial.

Oh I KNOW the difference. But it wasn't even you playing in the background. Just out there doing what y'all do best. Shakin' ya arse. So exactly what IS your point?

Yanno what, I would rather watch y'all just dance rather than play.

Lie
Lie

Man (jack daniels)Patty got you fools brainwashed.

Whenever the people doing the football commentary on T.V. talks about how bad GSU got thrashed then it's gotta be true.:rolleyes:

U know Gspoo wasn't in Drumline before us. Stop trying to lie because everyone knows.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by PsychoJag

U know Gspoo wasn't in Drumline before us. Stop trying to lie because everyone knows.:rolleyes:

I have heard comments from people who wrote and produced the film. I'm taking their word over the the word of a brain washed pasty.

I rather watch the Foxes dance than PV play.

Yeah I'm sure you do. I would get tired of hearing what a band is supposed to sound like if I weren't in a real one. You can do however many commercials, gigs, and appearances you wanna do. The fact remains that Grambling sounds like slop. Whether or not you want to admit it (or even address it, cuz everything all of you people have said has skirted around that fact.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back