What band will shake up the SWAC in the Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Legend35
Sorry,...but, I like that response...:emlaugh: because I know what I know.

U KNOW WHAT EVERYONE KNOWS. GSU IS THE EPITOME OF A MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by PsychoJag
YOUR CURRENT BAND MEMBERS WHO CONSTANTLY TRY AND JOIN OUR BAND AND GET SENT A ZIP LETTER BEFORE THEY TRY OUT.

No, I know what that we have a lot of su members trying to get in the band up here.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
OK IT'S LIKE THIS

HOW CAN YOU COME ON HERE AND SAY SU ALWAYS GETS HOUSE AND THEY DON'T. TRUE THIS YEAR AT THE CLASSIC THEY FINALLY HAD A ENTERTAING SHOW ,ABOUT TIME. GRAMBLING DIDN'T GET THE HOUSE LIKE THEY NORMALLY GET DURING CLASSIC BUT TRUST ME GRAMBLING HAS GOTTEN A LOT OF HOUSE IN THAT DOME. SU DOING THE CHESTER CHEATAH AND THE DAMN BALLET SURE DIDN'T GET ANY HOUSE ON HERE TALKING LIKE SU IS JUST PERFECT. GSU HAS MADE MORE ACCOMPLISHMENTS THEN A LOT BANDS IN THE SWAC COMBINED AND YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS, FACE IT. WE BEEN WHERE BANDS ARE TRYING TO GO AND THAT IS FACT NOT OPINON. WE ARE THE GRANDFATHER OF BANDS GET IT RIGHT (GRANDFATHER) RESPECT IT OR DON'T SO DON'T COME ON HERE AND SAY THAT GRAM HAS NO PLACE TO SAY SOMETHING BECAUSE WHO IN THE HELLLL LEFT YOU IN CHARGE OF PEOPLE VOICING THEIR OPINON. I SEE WHY A LOT OF GRAMBLING FOLKS DON'T ENTERTAIN YOU BECAUSE IT IS USELESS. SU IS SO BLINDED THAT THEY PLAY THE SAME DAMN SONGS EVERY YEAR ,SHAT THEY SHOULD BE POWERFUL THE SAME MARCH TAKE THAT BACK SU DIDN'T PLAY A MARCH AT THE CLASSIC IN THE PAST TWO THAT WAS A LOST RIGHT THERE. THEN WHEN SU PLAYS A MARCH WHAT IS IT IT DOESN'T EVEN TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE IT OUT HELLL EVEN A ROACH COULD IT'S PURPLE CARNIVAL SAME PREHISTORIC DRILLS YOU SAY YOU HAVE MORE BUT ON A LOT OF PEOPLE SEE THE SAME ONES IF YALL ARE THE MASTERS OF DRILL THEN PLEASE COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW THAT SU HAS NEVER DONE.SUMMARY OF A SOUTHERN SHOW OK DRUM MAJOR COMES ON THE FILED BACK BENDS, BLOWS THE WHISTLE YALL MARCH ON THE FILED HALT DO 2 DRILLS,FEATURE THE DOLLS, RUN TO YOUR POSITION, STAND IN PLACE DO SOME ELEMENTARY ARSE MOVES BAND SPLITS UP DOES THE CHESTER CHEATAH OR BALLET OR BAND STAYS TOGETHER YALL TOOT IT UP THEN YALL PUT THE FAT BOYS IN FRONT OR THE WHITE BOY BECAUSE THE BAND IT SELF CAN'T GET THE CROWD HYPED I'M JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS THEN GO OFF TO DO WHATCHA WANNA OR ROCK-N-ROLL PT 2 TYPICAL SU SHOW. I WAS ROUTING FOR SU WHEN THEY PLAYED JACKSON BUT I'M GLAD THEY WORE YALL ARSES OUT ,I HATE IT COMES TO THIS BECAUSE I TRY MY BEST TO SUPPORT ALL SWAC BANDS BUT WHEN PEOPLE CONTINUELY DOWN MY BAND IT'S WAR. YALL HAVE THE SAME STUFF TO SAY EVERYTIME TO I NOTICED THAT. NO LETS CLEAR SOME STUFF UP. OK YALL TALK ABOUT THE WHITE SHOES THE WHITE SHOES ARE THERE TO GIVE AN EFFECT TO SIGNIFY THE DAMN MOVES THAT GRAM DOES GRAM WILL NOT CHANGE THE SPATS FOR SU OR NOBODY ELSE AT LEAST GRAM DOESN'T JUST STAND IN PLACE ANYBODY CAN DO THAT BUT TO DANCE AND PLAY IN UNISON TOGETHER THAT IS WORK, OK THE BASS DRUM GRAM HAS IT BECAUSE WE WANT IT IT'S DIFFERENT WE TRY TO BE DIFFERENT FROM ANYONE AND IT'S NOT LIKE GRAMBLING IS THE ONLY BAND ON THIS DAMN EARTH WITH THE ROLLING BASS YOU NEED TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND CHECK SOME MORE BANDS OUT AND STOP FOCUSING ON GRAM SO MUCH YO LOVE US BUT YOU JUST RIDING THE BAND WAGIN WITH EVERYONE ELSE MONEY SEE MONEY DO, OK THE SOUND I AGREE THE SOUND WAS NOT GOOD THIS YEAR BUT IT WILL BE GREAT THIS SEASON AND THAT IS A FACT THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN WORKED OUT,MARCHING STYLE, GRAMBLING STYLE IS VERY VERY DIFFERENT FROM ANYONES IT'S STR8 UP MARCHING THE HARDEST THING TO DO IT'S SO NATURAL TO ROCK OR SWAY BUT MARCH STR8 UP AND PLAYING IS HARD THE STYLE IS ROBOTIC/TOY SOLDIER STYLE TO GIVE A DIFFERENT MARCH FEEL LIKE IT OR NOT WHO CARES BUT IT'S GRAM STYLES ALONG WITH THE 360 SPINS THAT ARE NOT USED OFTEN ANYMORE 240'S STUFF LIKE THAT THAT A LOT OF BANDS CAN'T DO AND THE HEAD LAUNGE THAT A LOT OF BANDS USE TILL THIS DAY AND GRAMBLING ONLY USES FOR PRE-GAME DRILL, OK BACK TO SOUND GRAM BACK IN THE DAYS WAS THE KING OF BLOCK STYLED PLAYING THAT AL OT OF BANDS ARE DOING TODAY HMMM NOT NAMING ANY NAMES WHAT I MEAN ABOUT BLOCK STYLE OF PLAYING IS FOR EXAMPLE YOU HAVE 2 HALF NOTES IN 1 MEASURE BETEEWN EACH NOTE STOP THE AIR BREATH BLOW WITH ACCENT AND FORCE TO PRODUCE MORE POWER, BUT THEY HAVE GOTTEN AWAY FROM THAT THEY USE IT RARELY BUT NEED TO FOCUS ON IT AGAIN BECAUSE THEY GRAM USED TO BE THE MASTERS OF THAT STYLE AND THEY CAN BE THE MASTERS AGAIN WITH THAT STYLE AND MASTERS PERIOD, FOR ALL YOU HATERS, I DIDN'T MEAN TO WRITE A DAMN BOOK BUT I GET SICK AND TIRES OF PEEPS COMING ON HERE THINKING THEIR BAND IS SO PERFECT AND INVINCIBLE AND NO ONE IS, GRAM IS GOING TO GET BETTER I DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. SU HAS BEEN OUR SLOPPY SECONDS FOR YEARS IF IT WASN'T FOR US IT WOULDN'T BE A BAYOU CLASSIC GET IT RIGHT WE DID YOU ALL A FAVOR. TRUE YALL HAVE MORE PULL BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE CLOSER TO NEW ORLEANS BUT SO WHAT WE ARE STILL MAKING HISTORY NOT JUST ATTENDING LITTLE PARADES, AND GOING TO FOOTBALL GAMES. OOOOH THE BAHAMAS LOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: IS THAT IT AND LOOK THE PRESIDENT CAME TO US WE DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO HIM BEEN THERE DONE THAT ANYWAY SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT.

ha ha ha ha

Ya'll Grumblinites kill me. You know they used to name a winner after half time in Dallas until your director went and complained that it was rigged. Even your own staff can't see how garbage ya'll are. As far as stealing dance moves... come on man ya'll dance the whole show. What could you possibly be refering to other than the fact we move our body. Ya'll do more dancing than a boy band. Ya'll really should consider changing your name from the "World Famed" to G- Sync. As far as Basses... come on man this past year was the only year they have even been questionable. We are known for what.... BOX and Basses. Your "Silver Dawgs" sound more like Aluminum Puppies. And to top every thing off ya'll actually have gathered the gumption to compare yourselves to SU. Now i can't stand SU band members but you got to give it to SU's band. you know in hip hop they have name for folks like ya'll... COMMERCIAL. All hype no real skillz.

And you added your little 2 cent resume to Saaaayyyy ??? :what:
You haven't even begin to tread where the World Famed has been. Don't even bother to go there.Your band is and will always be in our shadow. So, you better start paying us some respect and stop biting the hand that is providing you with the opportunities that is coming your way. You still have a long way to go . What?...... you forgot your little PBS special. Was I suppose to be impressed???....... I should think not!!!
:lmao:

.....boy, you on crack!

Re: ha ha ha ha

Originally posted by solophone96
Ya'll Grumblinites kill me. You know they used to name a winner after half time in Dallas until your director went and complained that it was rigged. Even your own staff can't see how garbage ya'll are. As far as stealing dance moves... come on man ya'll dance the whole show. What could you possibly be refering to other than the fact we move our body. Ya'll do more dancing than a boy band. Ya'll really should consider changing your name from the "World Famed" to G- Sync. As far as Basses... come on man this past year was the only year they have even been questionable. We are known for what.... BOX and Basses. Your "Silver Dawgs" sound more like Aluminum Puppies. And to top every thing off ya'll actually have gathered the gumption to compare yourselves to SU. Now i can't stand SU band members but you got to give it to SU's band. you know in hip hop they have name for folks like ya'll... COMMERCIAL. All hype no real skillz.
Now I got to pull out some proof,...in 1991, we created a move that one man was flat on his back while the other was on top, crossing led type move . A year or two later you all were doing the same thing. BCC did it on the movie Drumline. You need to be honest with yourself. There's a whole of dances I've seen yall do that you copied from us. Be honest and watch the films for yourself. Your tuba section stole just about every song we played. To compare ourselves to su is an insult to us because we are the one creating new musical avenues while su plays it safe and repeat shows all season then have the nerve to criticize us.

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
:lmao:

.....boy, you on crack!
And you my friend are on ecstasy: beyond reason - deranged out of emotional control. Deceiving one self to be the big heads of marching bands due to su-ck-logic. Living in a big head illussion!!! :retard: :slap: Wake up and smell the coffee. Your band is ok but, you are not all that. No element of surprise. We know how you are coming year after year after year after year...after year after year after year ....:shame: :shame:

Re: Re: ha ha ha ha

Now I got to pull out some proof,...in 1991, we created a move that one man was flat on his back while the other was on top, crossing led type move . A year or two later you all were doing the same thing. BCC did it on the movie Drumline. You need to be honest with yourself. There's a whole of dances I've seen yall do that you copied from us. Be honest and watch the films for yourself. Your tuba section stole just about every song we played. To compare ourselves to su is an insult to us because we are the one creating new musical avenues while su plays it safe and repeat shows all season then have the nerve to criticize us.

Grambling DID NOT create that shat, batch

man how many frats, bands, and backup dancers have done the mini- man. so i guess they all got it from Gram. Besides we did that show in '97. If your move was that inspiring why would we have waited 6 years to "copy" it. In short ya'll ain't invent shat. In fact i remember seeing some cats on Apollo do the move in the late 80's. You see thats your problem. Ya'll think you are the grandfathers of this shat when really the only reason you are so "World Famed" is because of the publicity Eddie Robinson brought to the school. if hadn't built the football dynasty that put grambling on the map, nobody would even know you exsisted. if you ask me Gram ain't shat but an over grown novelty act. A huge minstrial show for those folks who don't know anything about real bands or real music. I'd rather be loved by my own people than adored by those others. How about the next time ya'll dance(yes dance... because they never asked ya'll to play) at the Super Bowl you all where black faces. They will really love ya'll then. Oh yeah ..... i can hear it now. "Dance aggin, dance".

By the way i must apologize. I lied, we did still some of your moves. the Black Fox's plan to use your feild show for their majorette number next year.

DON'T HATE ON GRAM THAT YOU ALL CAN'T DANCE AND PLAY AT THE SAME TIME AND OH HE IS RIGHT ABOUT 91 THE MOVE GRAM DID PV DID STILL IT I GOT THE TAPES AND FAR AS ALWAYS BEEN IN SOUTHERNS SHADOW YOUR'E A DAMN LIE WE DONE TO MUCH THAN ANY SWAC BAND SO HOW ARE WE IN SU SHADOWN WHEN THEY HAVEN'T DONE AS MUCH AS GRAM, GET YOUR SHAT RIGHT. DAMN HATERS ALL YALL DO IS BOO HOO ON THAT'S NOT FAIR GRAMBLING GETS ALL THE BREAKS AND PUBLICITY AND WE DON'T. DAMN CRY BABYS ENTERTAIN THEN YOU WILL BE ASKED, PRARIE VIEW SHOULDN'T EVEN TALK I RESPECT YALL BUT DON'Y YALL SAY NOTHING UNTIL YALL LEAVE TEXAS, WACK ARSES BEST KEPT SECRET MY ARSE THE BOX DO THE SAME THING EVERY YEAR AND I KNOW YOU DIDN'T SAY NOTHING BAD ABOUT THE SILVER DOGS WHEN THEY BLEW PVS TUBAS AND JUST KILLED SU TUBAS. SU IS SO BIG HEADED IT'S SAD ,THAT YOU ALL REALLY THINK YOU ALL ARE THE BEST HBCU BAND AND YOU ARE NOT, GREGGS HAS GOT YOU ALL BRAINED WASHED, BLOWING ALL OUT OF PROPORTION DONESN'T MAKE YOU THE BEST AND THEM SAME DRILLS FROM 69 DON'T EITHER. ALL WE CAN DO IS SEE WHAT HAPPENS THIS COMING SEASON BECAUSE ALL YOU DOUBTERS WILL BE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING .SEE SU TALKING ABOUT THEY GOT A SURPRISE BUT WAIT LOL YOU WILL SEE. GOT A LOT OF PEEPS THAT I KNOW THAT WAS AND CURRENTLY IN SU BAND AND THEY TELL OFF ON THEIRSELF EARLY, SO IT'S REALLY NO SECRET. I'M TIRED OF THESE LITTLE MONKEYS ON HERE TO .TIME SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT GRAMBLING THEYJUMP ON THE BAND WAGON .DAMN FOLLOWERS ON SU JOCK AND SU JUST GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THEIR OWN SELF STUPID ARSES. AND OH FOR THE FACTS COACH ROBINSON AND CONRAD HUTCHINSON CAME UP WITH THE BAYOU CLASSIC, BE GLAD WE WANTED YOU TO BE IN IT. ALL THESE SU FOLLOWERS ARE BATCHS BOWING DONW TO SU LIKE THEY ARE JUST THE SHAT ALL SU IS A STAND BAND AND DRILLING BAND, SU HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A COMPLETE BAND. SO THAT PROVES THEY ARE NOT THE BEST AND I'M DEFINITLY NOT SAYING THAT GRAM IS, BUT GRAM IS STILL THE WORLD FAMED NOT A DAMN HUMAN RADIO.

I wanna say before I start that I repect each of you as musicians, but I gotta sa something. First off PV you all are a nice band and I liked to see you perform the same show from 93 when GSU played End Of The Road. Why did you all do the same show kind of remind me of SU. Just playing PV but you all were str8 but this is a Louisiana affair so just try and stay out of it. SU I see all the criticism but I feel that you alls pride has just blinded all of you from seeing the truth. You know that song I'm So Glad that you all play that was our first Fight Song back when it was Grambling College. But now everyone plays it. Also you constantly talking about our shoes well why wear spats when you can just have white shoes isn't that the affect you are trying to accomplish. By the way Rob did bring attention to our band but Dr. Conrad Hutchinson paved the way for the rest of back college bands. Without Dr. Hutchinson and Dr. Foster from FAMU black college bands wouldn't be worth Sugar Honey Ice Tea. That is real SU think just because you all are loud that you all are great. SU we would be loud too if we play the same songs year after year. Then we would be voted best marching style if we did the same drills every year. I promise if you all do a new field show at the classic i'll buy each member a daiquiri. SU we haven't gt any house what where you been what happened in the 2001 Battle of The Bands when we got house for Contagious and The Greatest and Feeling on Your Booty not too mention We Fall Down and also 2002 when we did our intro when we marched out and did the little dance routine and the crowd was going wild when we came out. Man I see where you said we had 10 trombones 01 we had 18 and 02 we had 25 so speak what you know man. State the facts not your opinion because you were brought up to hate us. To let you know also that you are not the best Black College Band in the land I know I know that you think you are but to me it goes FAMU, BCC, and a tie with NSU, SU, and JSU. Just thougt that you should know that. Ay like I said I respect all of you as musicians but your opinions are kind of bias fareal.

you right grown men are on here lying such as you and some of your other SU boyz. Name one thing I lied about and I can prove it to you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
:smh: @ grown arse men on here lying.

Grum....you're _ _ _!

Co-signing...

And can you please learn how to turn off ya caps lock and use a shift key. Some punctuation here and there wouldn't hurt either.

As far as what it is that Gram is saying, especially about ANYBODY taking moves from them....Ness (c. UAPB). You all have tried to do an entire PV dance routine and turn the crowd against us in the Cotton Bowl one year when you were visitors (remember Nasty "B"?) Let's not start talking crazy. I can respect the Lose-iana rivalry and aint really got much to say (I mean it's obvious...). But when you start talking that bullshat about my band, I gots to intervene.

What made Grambling start playing Big Ballin'? Got tired of getting drilled with it year after year at the Cotton Bowl?

Xerox, send help...

PV YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE WHAT MADE YALL START PLAYING RUNNING AWAY? SO THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK AND NO ONE CAN'T TURN THE WHOLE COTTON BOWL STADIUM ON NO ONE YALL ALWAYS DO WACK SHOWS THATS WHAT DOES THAT, THE BOX DOES BETTER THAN THE WHOLE BAND. XEROX MY ARSE YOU ALL ACT LIKE YALL STARTED BIG BALLIN, I THINK NOT SO KEEP THOSE LAME ARSE STATEMENTS UNTIL YOU GET THE FACTS, PLEASE DON'T STATE THEM AND LIKE I SAID PV DON'T SAY NOTHING UNTIL YOU ALL LEAVE THE STATE OF TEXAS.

Originally posted by s phi s
Co-signing...

And can you please learn how to turn off ya caps lock and use a shift key. Some punctuation here and there wouldn't hurt either.

As far as what it is that Gram is saying, especially about ANYBODY taking moves from them....Ness (c. UAPB). You all have tried to do an entire PV dance routine and turn the crowd against us in the Cotton Bowl one year when you were visitors (remember Nasty "B"?) Let's not start talking crazy. I can respect the Lose-iana rivalry and aint really got much to say (I mean it's obvious...). But when you start talking that bullshat about my band, I gots to intervene.

What made Grambling start playing Big Ballin'? Got tired of getting drilled with it year after year at the Cotton Bowl?

Xerox, send help...
I Co-sign with usa today and World Famed.
s phi s,...
Come on now admit it. I got tapes that proves that we started that 2 man move,... someone called it the mini-man. Whatever it is called, BCC did it in Drumline. We did that in 1991 and a couple of years later yall came back and did the same move with modifications. Be honest now...I sat in the stadium and listened at your tuba section throw our tuba's solo's back at us. Be honest. As far as someone trying to turn the crowd into our favor I have no knowledge of that at this time. Could you refer me to a year and I will look into that. You know how I feel about PV but, I'm not going to get on here and lie nor am I going to let anyone take credit for something that is due Grambling.

Originally posted by solophone96
Ya'll think you are the grandfathers of this shat when really the only reason you are so "World Famed" is because of the publicity Eddie Robinson brought to the school. if hadn't built the football dynasty that put grambling on the map, nobody would even know you exsisted. if you ask me Gram ain't shat but an over grown novelty act. A huge minstrial show for those folks who don't know anything about real bands or real music. I'd rather be loved by my own people than adored by those others.
What can I say to this? Conrad Hutchinson and Coach Rob unlike most of us worked together. It wasn't a pride thing with them because both programs was connected. It was Mr. Hutchinson who knew the owner of the N.Y. Yankees who was later introduced to Coach Rob. This is how we started playing in New York and because we was the first black college that made a good impression, doors was opened for other bands to follow. For your information MINSTRIAL SHOWS was a part of history and there's nothing I can do about that. Unlike the way you are talking, I am not ashamed of our rich history. That was the only way some black entertainers of that day could feed their families. There was no market for Black College Bands until Mr. Hutchinson, Dr. Foster, Dr. Grier and others came along and paved a way for you to sit here and spit on what they had to do to get you the avenues of opportunities you have today.They worked within an immoral and the unfair confines of a hateful society and established something good for young black youths coming from the rear. Something that gave us recognition and respect today in the mist of crap then. The only thing that is different today is we are entertaining our own people with the type of non-stop performances our own people want to see. Now I'm sure they don't think we are out there makin' a fool of ourselves and be-littling ourselves and our race.

You think you know and understand history? Well, my teacher says it best, "The only thing new in this world is the history you don't know".

Big Balling huh well my thing is JSU's Big Ballin will take yalls out anytime of the day, but you wouldn't know anything about that because you don't leave the Lone Star State. But ay it is cool PV don't twist what I am saying you all are a pretty nice band I have to admit. So I am just speaking what I know not what I think.

Originally posted by World Famed
Big Balling huh well my thing is JSU's Big Ballin will take yalls out anytime of the day, but you wouldn't know anything about that because you don't leave the Lone Star State. But ay it is cool PV don't twist what I am saying you all are a pretty nice band I have to admit. So I am just speaking what I know not what I think.

I have to disagree with you on that one.

PV's Big Ballin is on it's own. Just because JSU gets mad loud at the end don't mean it's the better arrangement.

JSU-Big Ballin

PV- Big Ballin

No disrespect to JSU's, but everyone is basically playing it the same way they do. PV is the only one I've heard with some type of difference.

Oh and by the way, it's getting real tired and redundant with these back and forth post about GSU, SU, or whoever.

Do us all a favor and let the band actual performances do the dayum talking.

We gone get in yalls azz this season..........

No, yall batches ain't had no band since way back when.....

No but we have done more stuff than you and all SWAC bands put together.......

So, yall still slaw......

and on and on and on.

Please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP WITH THE NONSENSE!!!!!

To all of you who feel you are superior to GSU, be just that and stop with the back and forth.

And young cats from GSU, everyone knows what GSU has done for Black College bands. Stop with the nonsense. It makes you look bad when you talk a bunch of ish you can't back up.

Again, let the season do the talking!!!!!

Ohh yeah,....
I'm going to be around for a while PsychoJag so DEAL WITH IT!!!

I'm looking forward to demolishing Southern in the Dome. It's time for you to bow down and recognize you place.:bowdown: If I had my way,... not only would I wax you on the field with A NEW SHOW:nod2: I would follow you all the way to your buses and wipe the streets with you. I would spank you just like Count Basie spanked Chick Web.:emlaugh: Now, run along and refer to it!!!
Legend35
Yea, I know about that battle at the savoy and I think I understand your angles as well. I don't usually get on here but, I read your other thread on University Level Music and you are kind of interesting in terms of insight. I think I know and understand your approach and for the record I don't think GSU is as bad as everyone says. I know there are a lot of people that flat out hate Gram. but, what's wrong with a little trash talking? We are all in the same family. Anyway I wish all the SWAC Bands luck in the Fall and I ask that you competatively respect one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back