Transfer Portal Thread 2022-23 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

As of Tuesday, Colorado coach Deion Sanders has lost several players to the transfer portal, 24 left as of Monday after the Buffaloes’ spring game, which was televised last Saturday on ESPN.

It seems that Sanders’s remarks a few months ago are coming back to bite him. On Sanders’s first day as Buffs head coach, he told players they were welcome to leave.

And while many didn’t then, his roster is dwindling daily. One former Colorado player made a bizarre claim against Sanders on social media.

Three-star tight end Zachary Courtney said that Sanders wouldn’t release a film of his practices to him. Courtney just recently entered the transfer portal.

That mane making cuts. Same as he did here when he chopped over 70 plus. Chopped 25 1 month on the job and the rest after the Covid season. Some of those players including All Swac kids. It worked here but that Same philosophy probably won't work there if you're getting other FBS leftovers. He's going to have to convince some FBS starters to make their way up to Colorado

As of Tuesday, Colorado coach Deion Sanders has lost several players to the transfer portal, 24 left as of Monday after the Buffaloes’ spring game, which was televised last Saturday on ESPN.

It seems that Sanders’s remarks a few months ago are coming back to bite him. On Sanders’s first day as Buffs head coach, he told players they were welcome to leave.

And while many didn’t then, his roster is dwindling daily. One former Colorado player made a bizarre claim against Sanders on social media.

Three-star tight end Zachary Courtney said that Sanders wouldn’t release a film of his practices to him. Courtney just recently entered the transfer portal.

I find this interesting that the team was 1-11 last year, so is it really bad this many players left?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That mane making cuts. Same as he did here when he chopped over 70 plus. Chopped 25 1 month on the job and the rest after the Covid season. Some of those players including All Swac kids. It worked here but that Same philosophy probably won't work there if you're getting other FBS leftovers. He's going to have to convince some FBS starters to make their way up to Colorado

Yeah. He got two fronts to deal with now, other P5 schools and the media. Jr. and 'nem are no match for them folk's media.

Those replacements have to know that if they don't win this fall, they'll get cut too.

I find this interesting that the team was 1-11 last year, so is it really bad this many players left?

Yes and no.

Looking at the losses-there were too many blowouts. Meaning defense was bad as was the offense.
The OC left for UCLA the previous year. In fact quite a few staffers left before the 1-11 year.
However that team had over 60 Freshmen. 5 Seniors.

We have seen coaches arrive and it's the SAME team and LOL they win or at least improve somewhere.

I am not going to sit here and believe all those young men were that bad and deserves the PUBLIC trash Sanders is doing.

This is stuff you do behind closed doors for a REASON. Because you don't know who is watching or who is being turned off by it-including alum who writes those donation checks.

So while he's trying to turn that team into Jackson State 2.0 guess what? Colorado is NOT playing HBCUs. They will be facing some teams that were RANKED. Who will have no issue HUMBLING Sanders. You can only toss out so many kids before the ax comes for YOU.

Welp looks like he's doing the latter. A bunch of starters from other FBS schools are now committing to Colorado. Kids want to play for him
This.

He sent the brutal honest message for how things would go very early.

Cleaning house, getting rid of alleged "dead-end" weight, and becoming leaner and more effective.

The spring game was just a showcase for players expected not to be in a cu uniform, for the most part. That staff is looking for nfl caliber talent, not avg and mediocre talent.

Coach and staff are doing it all correctly. It is fully business, never personal. Flawless production and high expectancy are required.

I sincerely hope current JSU staffers do NOT back down on the high level of expectancy set by the previous staff and allow the familiar SWAC mediocrity to once again invade and thrive at JSU (football).

I expect JSU to dominate IC and OOC.

Coach and staff are doing it all correctly. It is fully business, never personal. Flawless production and high expectancy are required.

I sincerely hope current JSU staffers do NOT back down on the high level of expectancy set by the previous staff and allow the familiar SWAC mediocrity to once again invade and thrive at JSU (football).

I expect JSU to dominate IC and OOC.
you read what the kids who got cut said how they were treated in the spring? Heard about underground tampering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back