To All you Band Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened here?

Let me be the bigger man here. Im not going to JSU band practice to face the band....OK? Thats not what this thread is about. This thread is about AAAALLL HBCU bands taking away from their football teams. If your team cant hear for an instant while they are on the field, you are harming their execution. I know you dont understand that, but you are.

You can play, but you should have the common sense to know when to play and how to be as effective as possible. Not stopping a song because you have not reached a breaking point is selfish. Thats all Im saying. If it is against the rules for you to play, then you probably shouldnt be playing. Im sure none of this is getting through to any of you. I, myself, can enjoy a good band show, but if you are playing when you shouldnt you are taking away from the game.....you know...the game? What most of the people came to see.....

Again, I know a lot of our people come only to see the band. You should do your best to entertain those people, but you should also make sure your playing does not hamper the effectiveness of the football game. Now if you cant understand that simple English, then damn it all.

If you can still say now, that you have to play cause we aint at the end of our run...then damn it all.
If you still say, "we have fans that come to hear us too," then this is a lost cause and this is the reason our games are so coonish now.

A few years ago, Alcorns band was doing cadence while the Boom was playing the National Anthem on the field. Everybody in the stands thought that was rude and there was a write up about it the next day. But using this "band logic" they had a right to play cause the Alcorn fans came to hear them play. Is that right NT? Using your logic, Alcorn had every right to do that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't smack on here at all, but since this topic is being addressed to the Boom, I must say something.

First of all,
Tooting horns doesn't make one a "geek" in the least. That's what you call talent or a gift. So, for you to constantly make crass statements about pocket protectors and whatnot is less than humorous.

Second,
It's not the band in itself that is making the mistake of not watching the game. It's the drummajors. Doing a little better with watching the game is the only solution to the problem. Crying about it on the SWACPAGE is beyond infantile. 95% of the band doesn't even visit the SWACpage.

Third,
If you have an complaint for this, see Dr. Lewis Liddell in Studio 9 in the F.D. Hall Music Center, located at the front of the campus beside the ROTC building.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Get Ready
Now if you cant understand that simple English, then damn it all.

If you can still say now, that you have to play cause we aint at the end of our run...then damn it all.

And there it is. GR's famous quote!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I actually go to see what type of calls the officials will make that week. That way I can compare them to what MD has to complain about.

Me and Dances went to the Mississippi State/ University of Houston game last Saturday. It was like night and day from the JSU game we saw eariler. The bands from both schools actually acted like they had a purpose for being there. They pumped their respective fans up by playing little "mini-riffs" (not whole songs) during dead balls, and once the play resumed, they shut the hell up. It was beautiful. They actually enhanced and built up the game action instead of taking away from it.

So, in other words, you and GR enjoy extremely boring game enviornments??? Man, this is sad beyond words, particularly coming from you... :smh:

It's one thing to have the band and the football team be on the same page where it pertains to team support...What you witnessed above is something else entirely, and it's sad...

I guess the comlaints against the bands increase as the score gets more and more out of hand... :shame:

Thank you Smallone....and GR...

Alcorn did not play a cadance during the National Anthem that year, they marched in playing a song....even worse. smh. That was pitiful...it made Alcorn State University look bad. They looked fuggin country. ...That was completely out of place and showed a lack of professionalism on the part of the staff. . . . what that has to do with this subject......NOTHING AT ALL. lol.

lol...naw TRU3000 it's one love at JSU. He'll be there shaking his pom pom to "The Show". lol. As long as we are winning. Now if it gets tight, he'll get mad at the band.

I tell you what NT

During the band halftime performance, Ima ask Bell if he will let one of the offensive linemen come out of the dressing room and run through the band while they are humping the ground or crawling on the ground or doing the Josephine or whatever you guys are doing this year. That might disrupt the bands performance dont you think? I dont think Lidell would like that cause, that is his time to do his thing on the field.

And the next time you guys are playing in the stands while the team is on the field, Ima tell him to send an LB in the stands to run up and down the stadium bleachers while you guys are playing "Before I Let Go" again. Now, one football player running up and down the bleachers surely cant affect the whole band, but Im sure he can disrupt enough of you to be effective and piss you off. Then you would probably understand how it feels.

This thread is hilarious!!! Me being a former bandsmen I can see both sides of this debate(if you want to call it that)The bands are there to support the team they should never do anything to cause the football team to get a penalty.Whether it's going over the alloted time for there halftime performance or in this case playing while the QB is under the center.

Just my 2 cents!!:lmao:

someone tell GR that i'm not in the band anymore. LOL. DUDE CALL DOC. What are we accomplishing here. Call doc and tell him that the Drum Majors need to pay attention to the game.....and tell him I said it too, because I agree.

THE END!
That's it bro. lol.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
Thank you Smallone....and GR...

Alcorn did not play a cadance during the National Anthem that year, they marched in playing a song....even worse. smh. That was pitiful...it made Alcorn State University look bad. They looked fuggin country. ...That was completely out of place and showed a lack of professionalism on the part of the staff. . . . what that has to do with this subject......NOTHING AT ALL. lol.

Dude....it has EVERYTHING to do with this subject. They were playing WHEN THEY WERENT SUPPOSE TO....DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?

Yes, they look ignorant country and unprofessional, just like any dumb ass band looks when they play WHILE THE BALL IN LIVE....THATS IGNORANT COUNTRY AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

LOOK THIS HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND. I m not calling all band members band Geeks...thats not what I meant. Im not saying yall are Geeks.....Im just saying yall are Geeks. Thats all Im trying to say.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Man, you all have got to let me tailgate with you all next time.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I tell you what NT

During the band halftime performance, Ima ask Bell if he will let one of the offensive linemen come out of the dressing room and run through the band while they are humping the ground or crawling on the ground or doing the Josephine or whatever you guys are doing this year. That might disrupt the bands performance dont you think? I dont think Lidell would like that cause, that is his time to do his thing on the field.

And the next time you guys are playing in the stands while the team is on the field, Ima tell him to send an LB in the stands to run up and down the stadium bleachers while you guys are playing "Before I Let Go" again. Now, one football player running up and down the bleachers surely cant affect the whole band, but Im sure he can disrupt enough of you to be effective and piss you off. Then you would probably understand how it feels.

GR,

some of the mess you fans "request" already does that...I guarantee you that there's been many occasions where JSU alumni have taken up and disrupted halftime whenit could've waited until later...You don't hear the Boom crying about it???

I guess the Boom playing in between quarters is having an adverse effect on Bell's play-calling too.... :smh:

Man! This thread has over 100 post and 1100 views!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

This has got to be the bestest thread of the fall.

Originally posted by Get Ready
I tell you what NT

During the band halftime performance, Ima ask Bell if he will let one of the offensive linemen come out of the dressing room and run through the band while they are humping the ground or crawling on the ground or doing the Josephine or whatever you guys are doing this year.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh lawd ..................... I can't take it anymore. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Now GR want's to restart the BAND/FOOTBALL CAMPUS WIDE RUMBLE OF 1986. I was there for that ......... and it was not pretty for either side.:bawling: :bawling:

someone tell GR that i'm not in the band anymore. LOL. DUDE CALL DOC. What are we accomplishing here. Call doc and tell him that the Drum Majors need to pay attention to the game.....and tell him I said it too, because I agree.

THE END!
That's it bro. lol.

Oh lawd ..................... I can't take it anymore.

Now GR want's to restart the BAND/FOOTBALL CAMPUS WIDE RUMBLE OF 1986. I was there for that ......... and it was not pretty for either side.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Man, GR ain't gonna be happy until a repeat of that comes about.... :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: @ all this whining...

Nah....

'Cause he's the only one on here bawlin' like a little *****.

BTW...
Liddell's number is 979-7063.

Call him up and tell him 'bout it.

THE END!
That's it bro. lol.

Dude,

I dont recall asking you to respond in the first FN place. You are the one that took up the cross for all the baton twirlers in the world. You are the one that came here with your mind tingling analogies about walking with no legs and needed new shoes. You are the one that told us how long the band practices and about everything they go thru to get ready. I didnt ask you to say a cotton picking word. That was your choice.

That being said let me say this:

I have heard every excuse in the world for not being professional:

The band practices 16 hours a day
The people come to see the band
My momma nem was in the band.
The battle of the bands draws 2.5 million people
We cant quit in the middle of "Im a thug"

I dont give a damn about none of that stuff. All of that is Ir FN relevant. I dont give a rats ass if the band owns the stadium. I dont care if the band was already there, with 100K people listening to them, I dont care if George Bush himself wants the band to play, YALL NEED TO SHUT YOUR COUNTRY ASS UP WHEN PLAY IS ABOUT TO RESUME, AND THAT INCLUDES WHEN THE PLAYERS GO IN THE HUDDLE....thats all Im saying.

Nothing else is relevant. Do you understand this?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END!
That's it bro. lol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree.

Quit cryin'...:rolleyes:

This GetReady cat needs to Get Real! All this cussing on the board is a waste. Go tell it to the Band director, when you all had problems with Bell, everyone wanted to confront him! Well do the same to Lidalle. And see want happens!

And what makes you so right, and everyone else wrong. What do you know about bands?????? What do you blow besides your lips?????? And yes the fans come to see the band. If not, then tell me why do they walk all game, go to the restrooms and ect... and when it's halftime, everyone stops to watch the band. And most fans leave at the end of the thrid qt., by mid way thru the 4th, the stands start to empty. If not many fans are there to see the bands, then why is there a fifth qt.? At which time there is a host of fans still left watching the bands, this is so even if we loose. The Boom is not perfect, nither are you! I know in your lifetime someone has on more then one occassion told you to shut up! or that you are running your mouth too much! So what kind of a geek does that make you? I played in the band and I know You want call me a band Geek To my face. I take offense to that. All three of my son's are in the band. Now I'm easy to find!!!!!!!! Just ask a band member at this weekends game and we can talk!

There will be 50,000.00 band fans at the Battle of The Bands this sunday in Jackson. How many will be at the Game Saturday. Son you do the math. Like I said earlier; "Get Real"!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back