The mothers of Jackson, Mississippi

When the City cannot provide BASIC services (clean water, timely trash collection, accurate utility metering, decent roads, etc.) and you have constant bickering among the elected leadership, you certainly CAN NOT expect Police Detectives to effectively solve 40+ cases apiece.

Sure, the Police get the blame in this story, but the overall picture is so much bigger, it's almost mind-boggling.

And nobody loves Jackson more than me.......

When the City cannot provide BASIC services (clean water, timely trash collection, accurate utility metering, decent roads, etc.) and you have constant bickering among the elected leadership, you certainly CAN NOT expect Police Detectives to effectively solve 40+ cases apiece.

Sure, the Police get the blame in this story, but the overall picture is so much bigger, it's almost mind-boggling.

Say that again for the folks in the BACK.

Specially THIS-you have constant bickering among the elected leadership

Who is the governor of Mississippi? What party controls the Mississippi legislature? Who are the two Senators representing Mississippi in Washington DC? Mississippi has 4 members in the US house of Rep. 3 republicans and 1 democrat.

When the City cannot provide BASIC services (clean water, timely trash collection, accurate utility metering, decent roads, etc.) and you have constant bickering among the elected leadership
Well, that is the same problem in my home town/county in Alabama. Constant bickering. Pissing contests. Dick measuring contests. And nothing gets done. I am so embarrassed when I go home to visit kin folks. Trash all over the damn place.

We can sit here and place blame , but I think we all need to take a look in the mirror.

No. If they both came to Jackson, Mississippi. They would get some thing done for the city. Because, The Biden Administration doesn't give a damn about citizens of Jackson, Mississippi.
And if you actually believe this, I have some beach front property in Arizona I wanna sell you. 🤣

I like Jackson, too. It's some great people in the city, and I am not even from Jackson.

Do people know that Greenwood, Mississippi have their own trash pick-up done by the city?

I'm not even about to get on some of those policeman in Jackson, Mississippi.

I remember sitting overnight at my delivery on East County Line Road, and that Policeman sat all damn night in parking lot, and didn't even attempt to move.

Monroe's Donuts might be my favorite donut spot in Jackson.

White people wanted Jackson this way b/c they don't feel black Mississipians are worthy of anything decent (just look how MS public HBCUs are treated versus UM/MSU/USM/DSU). But I bet you the few white areas left in North Jackson don't have too many issues with city and needed services! It's the predominately black areas that suffer the most but again that's by design. However, Jackson (and Mississippi) I feel has more than enough black people to take back the city and state but we got to work together and it's just not happening. The Democratic party in MS is so unorganized and uninspiring ... I wish the National Democratic Party would poor more resources into Mississippi b/c all ya'll need is at least 5-10% of college educated white people to vote Democratic and that's very doable.

I personally think black people who can afford to leave Mississippi and thought about it many times should do so for a higher quality of life in Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, DC, etc. Those who can't or really don't want to leave should stay and fight the best they can ... hopefully those that left wanna come back after seeing their efforts. Jackson has the numbers to be a black mecca, it just needs more infrastructure, black political support, and economic growth.

Last edited:
Back