The High School Experience

High School (majority black) was pretty cool...

I was really active in extracurricular activities and pretty well known. I was know as being a 'cool' chic and somewhat of a class clown. I was captian of the dance team and I took theater classes.

I wish I would have learned more and applied myself academically a little more.

Once I crossed that stage I left HS behind, I was just ready to see the world and go to college!

Originally posted by Storm_ofSU

Worst Time(s):

1. 11th grade American History class, when I got into a
heated debate with the son of a klansman over black
history month and who the "real" forefathers of this
country are. It turned the school in a race war that
only ended when a kid was hositalized after a
fight. Their was school wide counseling, and racial
sensitivity classes...non of which worked.

2. When I was crowned prom queen and a bunch of white
girls booed, then left their prom. (But what did I care,
I was prom queen). We partied the night away.

;) :D

I would have paid to see that. Heck, I probably would have followed an old rule. If you see a good fight, get in it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My H.S years were cool. I went to an all girl school in New Orleans. People use to always ask if I miss having boys in our school and I would tell them no because we had more freedom to talk or do things that young girls wouldn't feel comfortable around males. I developed long lasting friendships!

Originally posted by gramalum
My H.S years were cool. I went to an all girl school in New Orleans. People use to always ask if I miss having boys in our school and I would tell them no because we had more freedom to talk or do things that young girls wouldn't feel comfortable around males. I developed long lasting friendships!

where did you go? Just curious cuz I am from N.O.

gramalum, SMA.....huh. Judging by some of your post, I would've taken you for a Prep girl. LOL

Prissy, what school did you attend?

NICE

Originally posted by D-NICE
gramalum, SMA.....huh. Judging by some of your post, I would've taken you for a Prep girl. LOL

Prissy, what school did you attend?

NICE

D-Nice you are trying to be funny:redhot: That's like saying I went to Southern:rolleyes: :p

and by the way Prissy went to Warren Easton

Alright, Black Reign & gramalum, it's bad enough I deal with the St. Aug/St Mary's thing in High School, but I'll be dayummed if I'm going to see this schit on TSPN. LOL

Dayum, I wanted me a SMA girl, but I went to the wrong school. ga, why is it that only the St. Aug, and Kennedy brothers, had a chance with you SMA girls?

Also, why you frontin', you know you wanted to put on that Black & Gold, and be a sweet lil honey bee. ha ha ha

Prissy, what year did you graduate from Easton? I'm a proud Eagle from that class of 89. Ya heard me?

NICE

Alright, Black Reign & gramalum, it's bad enough I deal with the St. Aug/St Mary's thing in High School, but I'll be dayummed if I'm going to see this schit on TSPN. LOL

Dayum, I wanted me a SMA girl, but I went to the wrong school. ga, why is it that only the St. Aug, and Kennedy brothers, had a chance with you SMA girls?

Also, why you frontin', you know you wanted to put on that Black & Gold, and be a sweet lil honey bee. ha ha ha

Prissy, what year did you graduate from Easton? I'm a proud Eagle from that class of 89. Ya heard me?

NICE

Man I was only joking with the SMA thing. I know some girls who went there and it is funny how they talk about us. Ish is funny between all of our schools.:D

I have never messed (DATED) with a SMA girl. ALOT of them thought I was not thuggish enough or not light skin enough. Not saying all of them wanted that ,NO! But I noticed alot of black catholic school girls like guys like that. So XUP, SMA and others were out of the question as well. c'est la vie. I never understood why so many were color struck like that when I was in high school. But then again this is New Orleans.:rolleyes: I got nothing against anybody. It is just that alot of girls were pickey when I was back in high school.

Well, I've only been outta high school for 3 years, but I don't think we ever let go of "the good ole days". :)

I absolutely loved high school and everything about it... the teachers, my friends (who I still keep in close contact with), the activities.The only thing I didn't really care for was the fact that we had to wear uniforms (something I really couldn't understand because I went to a public school).

What I think I'm going to miss the most will be the marching band. We won so many competitions, had so much fun, and I was there right along with my closest friends. :)

Originally posted by Black_Reign

Man I was only joking with the SMA thing. I know some girls who went there and it is funny how they talk about us. Ish is funny between all of our schools.:D

I have never messed (DATED) with a SMA girl. ALOT of them thought I was not thuggish enough or not light skin enough. Not saying all of them wanted that ,NO! But I noticed alot of black catholic school girls like guys like that. So XUP, SMA and others were out of the question as well. c'est la vie. I never understood why so many were color struck like that when I was in high school. But then again this is New Orleans.:rolleyes: I got nothing against anybody. It is just that alot of girls were pickey when I was back in high school.

D-Nice you can still mess w/ a SMA girl (well an alumni) ;) :D
Black_Reign what year did you graduate?
Prissy graduated in "92

Detroit You Say?

gramalum, Detroit is it? ha ha ha Do you still have one of those cute uniforms? LMAO

Black Reign, I feel ya dog. I know a lot of brothers that suffered in High School for being a darker shade. Look on the brightside though, Wesley Snipes, and Tyson Beckford made it cool to be dark, and now it's the light skinned brothers having to fight for a woman's affection.

I didn't have to deal with the skin issue when it came to SMA girls, with me, it was I went to wrong school. So, I had to accept the Prep, 35 (that wasn't a cake walk either), & Cabrini girls (what few blacks that went there), and though Seton was right across the street from Easton, they didn't give us no love.

ga, Prissy would've been at Easton with me, if she went there her freshman year. I was a Senior that year, so she should've caught me on the way out.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Detroit You Say?

gramalum, Detroit is it? ha ha ha Do you still have one of those cute uniforms? LMAO

Black Reign, I feel ya dog. I know a lot of brothers that suffered in High School for being a darker shade. Look on the brightside though, Wesley Snipes, and Tyson Beckford made it cool to be dark, and now it's the light skinned brothers having to fight for a woman's affection.

I didn't have to deal with the skin issue when it came to SMA girls, with me, it was I went to wrong school. So, I had to accept the Prep, 35 (that wasn't a cake walk either), & Cabrini girls (what few blacks that went there), and though Seton was right across the street from Easton, they didn't give us no love.

ga, Prissy would've been at Easton with me, if she went there her freshman year. I was a Senior that year, so she should've caught me on the way out.

NICE

D-Nice I sure do have my uniform.;)
Black_Reign & D-Nice you both know how New Orleans is regarding the light skin v dark skin issue. I for one only dated one St. Aug. guy and the rest of my boyfriends went to public schools (particular West Bank schools).

ga, I'm officially putting in my papers. JSU *Toi is out the door. There will be no baby momma drama whatsoever, she's history, a memory, not even a blip on the radar.

Meet me @ We Never Close around 7, and let's talk about this a little further.

Oh, I'm a Hot Sausage, & Cheese on French kinda guy, what about you?

NICE

That sounds good to me Whoodie!:D
Re: We Never Close; I'm a shrimp po-boy w/ lettuce, hot sauce and ketchup type of girl. But I rather meet at Danny & Clyde's

Re: Re: Detroit You Say?

D-Nice I sure do have my uniform.;)
Black_Reign & D-Nice you both know how New Orleans is regarding the light skin v dark skin issue. I for one only dated one St. Aug. guy and the rest of my boyfriends went to public schools (particular West Bank schools).

gramalum:

true but I didn't learn about it till my senior year in high school. When read about it, boy was I pissed:redhot:. But some SMA girls messed with darkskin guys. But the black girls I found myself liking on were the one who went to the all white catholic schools i.e. Dominican, Ursulines, Cabrini, Mount Carmel, and all but one girl I knew (who is a good friend of mine) liked light skin guys or white guys. But alot of them where light skin or mixed black themselves. NO I was not color struck. I just like the way some of them carried themselves.

It is even worst when you get in college. So I think my change of schools will help me kind of.

But D-nice

thoes are a few and of course you know people seem to be more open outside of New Orleans. I am still here going to school but Thank goodness I will be leaving. But still I always manage to run into a woman who only likes light skin guys, go figure.:confused:

That's cool with me, and since you're so sweet, I'll tell them to add butter to that shrimp po-boy.:cool: :D :cool: :D :p

NICE

Black Reign, boy you were reaching weren't you. I could see Ursulines, & Cabrini, but dayumm! Mount Carmel, & Dominican. Man, you swam in waters that were too deep for the kid.

Well, you did go to St. Aug, so you had an advantage. LMAO

Messing with those Dominican girls, I'm surprised none of those DLS boys didn't put the hurt on you. LOL

gramalum, so is is D&C, or WNC?

NICE

Black Reign, boy you were reaching weren't you. I could see Ursulines, & Cabrini, but dayumm! Mount Carmel, & Dominican. Man, you swam in waters that were too deep for the kid.

Well, you did go to St. Aug, so you had an advantage. LMAO

Messing with those Dominican girls, I'm surprised none of those DLS boys didn't put the hurt on you. LOL

gramalum, so is is D&C, or WNC?

NICE

lets put it like this. Most of the black dudes who went to all to the all white schools like DLS, jesuit, Bro. Martin (richard simmons alma matter) and etc. wanted white girls. So that left the black girls for the rest of us. But they mainly wanted high yellow guys.

Shooot. The SMA and prep girls when I was in high school wanted the thuggish types from John mac, Kennedy, and etc not the magnet black schools like yours and 35, and especally ben franklin. No offence to you Gramalum. So my boys and myself found interest in the other schools, like the ones mentioned.

Still St. aug didn't give us any advantage there were many years we went through this:uzi: :splat: . Being shot down because you don't fit into every girls same expectations stinks. Most of us had better experiences with realtionships when we ent off to college.

Now speaking of easton. Ya'll got us into trouble many times. with the fights you all got in to. I wish white shirt and gray pants were not common for uniforms. I have nothing against you all. it was just the fact we always got in trouble.

The legend continues....

D-Nice you can still mess w/ a SMA girl (well an alumni) ;) :D

NOOOOOOOOO GramAlum, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!! Think about what you are saying, you don't want to do this!!!!

There He Goes Again....

......everytime, I put my bid in, here comes this phat, hatin', futhamucka. Suge, for the last time, get a life man.

You know this started out as a war of baby momma's, but now you're taking it too far. All of my life, I waited on a SMA girl (well Alumni), and I'll be dayumed, if I'm going to let you muck it up.

First Toi, then Tara, then you sicked The Fat Boys on me, then you came with that sucka arse signature of yours, didn't you learn anything from your diet.

I thought you were H-Town Suge? Isn't Tara enough for you, now that y'all are back together again?

I thought I'd leave you to Mike Bigg, but he's not acting fast enough, so your arse is mine. You've stuck your nose in my bidness for the last time.

Oh yeah, I'm not Battle Cat, so sucka punching won't work.

gramalum, how are you doing today baby? I had a ball last night, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again. The way you wolfed down that shrimp sandwich, got a brother thinking. I mean the smooth way that hot sauce ran down your chin, had me feeling a little giddy. I really have to see you in that uniform now.

Hey, why don't you talk to your Gramblinite brother, before he gets himself hurt?

NICE

Back