• YES

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Does NOT APPLY

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

MsJag4Jag

After reading Kenn's Post on Round Table Discusions, regarding Diabetes, it has come to my realization that many of us are more than overweight AND some of us have diabetes and other health issues which stem from our weight being a little bit on the heavy side.

So what are we going to do about it? WE can form a support group whereby we report our weight loss. We can keep record of it and once every two weeks weigh in and report your weight loss. You have to be truthful because lying will only hurt yourself. [Do not report your weight if you are uncomfortable with that. We'd only need to know the amount you have lost..]

This is a serious issue because many of us ON THIS BOARD have diabetes or some other health related issue that can be minimized if we take care of ourselves.

First, I'd like to see how many are interested in forming the support group. Who'd like to help keep a tabulation on EXCEL spreadsheet of the weight loss amount? And I'm sure I can get some webpage skillage from Tara on how to post the results. To make it interesting, we can weigh in by schools, by states, by gender, whatever would be good competition...

Realize this is only an idea...And if you are not interested...that's fine too. However, we do need to help each other out at times.

Because we are not doctors we can not advise as to how you choose to loose weight, we can not be liable for your decisions, but you are welcome to share your method...be it taebo and correcting your diet, or running, or aerobics...etc...

IF interested please vote here, YES.
If you think you would NOT be interested please vote NO.

P.S. This is in support of Kenn, Fiyah, Jag4Life and others who helped us in understanding diabetes. Thank you in advance for your time and for your responses.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What about my just reporting inches lost? I workout a lot. I teach aerobics twice a week and do ab work everyday. Currently, I am not concentrating on losing pounds, just losing inches off certain areas.:(

JUSTUS... I don't know... Can you help me divise a way to incorporate that... Especially since you teach aerobics... I'll send you a PM with my home e-mail...Maybe we can work together to come up with a plan...

I can use the help in getting these last 13lbs out of the way, it's so hard when you get close to your goal. I've lost 38lbs so far and I've been stuck at 213-215 for about 3 weeks now.

JSTSU, I can use some help on those inches too. I hate sit-ups and crunches.

Well we have a group large enough to start... I will need help to set up the guidelines!*******looking at JSTUS***** ...

Originally posted by JSTUS
What about my just reporting inches lost? I workout a lot. I teach aerobics twice a week and do ab work everyday. Currently, I am not concentrating on losing pounds, just losing inches off certain areas.:(

Can I work-out with you? I need a very Good work-out partna.

;) :D

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

Can I work-out with you? I need a very Good work-out partna.

;) :D

Are you committed? I don't need someone that's gonna want to work out just once or twice a week.

How committed do I have to be? Just let me know when and where and Im there!!!:D :D :D :D

Let's run 3 miles tomorrow morning at 8am at the BR High track.

Let's run 3 miles tomorrow morning at 8am at the BR High track.

Ok. Let me tell my boss that I will be in late tomorrow morning...........where is the BR High track?? :confused:

Ok. Let me tell my boss that I will be in late tomorrow morning...........where is the BR High track?? :confused:

On Government Street, right behind the high school that is next to Boudreaux's and across the street from Domino's Pizza.

On Government Street, right behind the high school that is next to Boudreaux's and across the street from Domino's Pizza.

Here in ATL? Let me check my map book. You may be right up the street from me. :)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Here in ATL? Let me check my map book. You may be right up the street from me. :)

Not in ATL. Over here<--------> "above the equator" where I am. You said just say where and you were there.

Not in ATL. Over here<--------> "above the equator" where I am. You said just say where and you were there.

Ok. Bet! I will have to get intouch with my brother to get a buddy pass, but I'm pretty sure that I could make it there by 7:00 or 7:30 am. :D

Ok. Bet! I will have to get intouch with my brother to get a buddy pass, but I'm pretty sure that I could make it there by 7:00 or 7:30 am. :D

Just be at the track for 8am. Be sure to consult your physician first.:)

Just be at the track for 8am. Be sure to consult your physician first.:)

I can be there for 8, but why do I need to consult my physician? Are you planning on hurting me with something strainous? Or are you planning on over-exerting me?

I can be there for 8, but why do I need to consult my physician? Are you planning on hurting me with something strainous? Or are you planning on over-exerting me?

I don't want to hurt you at all. It's always wise to consult a physician before starting a new exercise regimen.:)

168? man do you realize that their are some women who weigh more than you...and I ain't talking about Oprah either.

But don't mind me, I'm just hating out of hunger!!

I don't want to hurt you at all. It's always wise to consult a physician before starting a new exercise regimen.:)

Glad to know that you will take it slow and easy with me. I will not be starting anything new that I am not familar with. I am use to hard work outs. :D :D :D

Very hard! :D ;)

5' 10" 200(Chiseled!!!!)

::looking in the mirror::
::saying to myself::
'Now where was this extra 10 pounds when I was playing football?'

Back