The Best Excercise (for men) that very few people do. The Deadlift

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
For a recent story, we asked the top Men’s Health experts a simple question: What’s the best exercise that almost no one does? Their collective reply: the wide-grip deadlift. “It’s a total-body movement that builds muscle and strength from head to toe, and burns tons of calories,â€￾ says Men’s Health adviser Joe Dowdell, C.S.C.S. Plus, compared to the classic deadlift, this version of the exercise has three bonus benefits: 1) The wider grip increases the demand on your upper back muscles, 2) forces your forearm and hand muscles to work harder, and 3) boosts the range of motion of the exercise—a key for building more muscle.

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/wide-grip-deadlift#ixzz21kDMzSZg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
For a recent story, we asked the top Men’s Health experts a simple question: What’s the best exercise that almost no one does? Their collective reply: the wide-grip deadlift. “It’s a total-body movement that builds muscle and strength from head to toe, and burns tons of calories,” says Men’s Health adviser Joe Dowdell, C.S.C.S. Plus, compared to the classic deadlift, this version of the exercise has three bonus benefits: 1) The wider grip increases the demand on your upper back muscles, 2) forces your forearm and hand muscles to work harder, and 3) boosts the range of motion of the exercise—a key for building more muscle.

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/wide-grip-deadlift#ixzz21kDMzSZg

Good information!

Great info. What's the best excercise to develop your chest? I'm doing the dumb bell press and flyes but the results are slow. I remember seeing some freshmen football players at summer camp with the small chest but by the start of spring practice they had these massive chests..like John Cenna and Triple H of WWE.

I think as men get older our focus should be more on the cardio part and lift weights to keep our muscles active....but I will try this...

I would say military and bench press if youre at a gym. If no equipment is around push ups...
Great info. What's the best excercise to develop your chest? I'm doing the dumb bell press and flyes but the results are slow. I remember seeing some freshmen football players at summer camp with the small chest but by the start of spring practice they had these massive chests..like John Cenna and Triple H of WWE.

I agree, I know cats in their late 30s and 40s that can run 4-5 miles easily. I want to do the same, anything is possible as long as you train your body...
I think as men get older our focus should be more on the cardio part and lift weights to keep our muscles active....but I will try this...

I would say military and bench press if youre at a gym. If no equipment is around push ups...

Actually, I think you can avoid regular bench to a degree. Incline Bench, Decline Bench and flies do a great job. Get your form correct on Bench also PBLA before going up so you don't have messed up rotator cups. My isht was killing me for about 4 weeks.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You need to find exercises to strenghten you rotator cuff/cups(sp)...I found some on youtube...I've been working out for years now and my chest is always an issue. But now it's developing like I want. I found some good workout routines on muscle and strenght.com...

I can run a 5k, ride my bike for about 15 miles. Trying to get up to 5 miles on the run and 20 miles on the bike..

Chest Excersise that I do now.

5-8sets on the bench 8 reps
5-8 sets on incline dumbell 8 reps
5-8 sets of incline flys 8 reps
5-8 sets of decline dumbell press 8 reps
5-8 flat bench dumbell press 8 reps.

We did this one yesterday...

25 minutes with the your only break after the fist set 30-60 second
Weight needs to be not to light but heavy enough to fail at the rep count

Bench 5 reps
pushups 20 reps
military press 15 reps
decline dumbell press 10
Medicine ball snatch 10-12
Chest dips 10
rest 30 seconds and repeat until 25 minutes are up.

3 of us did this and we basically completed 5 total sets of all six excersises.

Then did the Ray Lewis Curls
Start with a low weight and add 5 pounds

20 lbs 22 curls each arm
25 lbs 15 curls each arm
30 lbs 12 curls each arm
35 lbs 10 curls each arm
rest
30 lbs 12 curls each arm
25 lbs 15 curls each arm
20 lbs 22 curls each arm

Finish with 15 minutes of ab work...

Few people do it because if your form is wrong you run the risk of fkin up your back forever. And I wouldn't really say it's the best exercise, pretty much any compound lift is including squats.

you all said it right...the deadlift is definitely a excercise where the wrong movement and jacked up form can fugg yo back up for a long period of time...however if done correctly you will see nice gains in lower back and leg strength...there's many ways to do deadlifts, Romanian Deadlifts(knees slightly bent) which works lower back, glutes and hamstrings, Str8 Leg Deadlifts,(more lower back focus, still feeling some hamstring action)....i've only recently added hamstrings to my Hamstring Workout because that was my critique from my last show i did, separation from the lower to mid back...But im like JSUpop33...i hate doing deadlifts...

You need to find exercises to strenghten you rotator cuff/cups(sp)...I found some on youtube...I've been working out for years now and my chest is always an issue. But now it's developing like I want. I found some good workout routines on muscle and strenght.com...

I can run a 5k, ride my bike for about 15 miles. Trying to get up to 5 miles on the run and 20 miles on the bike..

Chest Excersise that I do now.

5-8sets on the bench 8 reps
5-8 sets on incline dumbell 8 reps
5-8 sets of incline flys 8 reps
5-8 sets of decline dumbell press 8 reps
5-8 flat bench dumbell press 8 reps.

We did this one yesterday...

25 minutes with the your only break after the fist set 30-60 second
Weight needs to be not to light but heavy enough to fail at the rep count

Bench 5 reps
pushups 20 reps
military press 15 reps
decline dumbell press 10
Medicine ball snatch 10-12
Chest dips 10
rest 30 seconds and repeat until 25 minutes are up.

3 of us did this and we basically completed 5 total sets of all six excersises.

Then did the Ray Lewis Curls
Start with a low weight and add 5 pounds

20 lbs 22 curls each arm
25 lbs 15 curls each arm
30 lbs 12 curls each arm
35 lbs 10 curls each arm
rest
30 lbs 12 curls each arm
25 lbs 15 curls each arm
20 lbs 22 curls each arm

Finish with 15 minutes of ab work...

Thats a pretty good workout right there

I hate 'em with a passion. Pop that workout I provided you with requires you to do deadlifts (dumb bell and Romanian) 3 times a week. No way in hell will I ever do that many in a week. :(

BleedBlackandGold,

I saw Booker up here last month. He told me that he's going to be as big as you by homecoming. lol

I hate 'em with a passion. Pop that workout I provided you with requires you to do deadlifts (dumb bell and Romanian) 3 times a week. No way in hell will I ever do that many in a week. :(

BleedBlackandGold,

I saw Booker up here last month. He told me that he's going to be as big as you by homecoming. lol

Lol.... I have to pysche myself up for Deadlifts. I was doing 3x7 at 275 lbs. I am now doing 3x10 at 225. Form is very important for Dead lifts.

For rotator cuffs you can use rubber tubing/bands or five pound weights. There are a ton of exercises you can do to strengthen that area that are pretty easy.

Actually, I think you can avoid regular bench to a degree. Incline Bench, Decline Bench and flies do a great job. Get your form correct on Bench also PBLA before going up so you don't have messed up rotator cups. My isht was killing me for about 4 weeks.

Yeah I felt the strain on the rotator cup when I doing the dumbell flyes. I had a tape on how to strengthen the rotator cup,I got to find that tape.

i bought a shoulder horn to help with my rotator cuff..... one of the best purchases i've made

http://www.hpfitnessshop.com/media/...319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/6/7/67001_2_.jpg

Nice...I will check this out.

Here is a rotator cuff excercise I found on YT.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ka-O50RVvo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ka-O50RVvo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited:
The best exercise for a man is hitting some puzzy. You lose a pound for each nut. Hit it twice a day seven days a week and 14 pounds you lose. Hit it on the period at least once. :uhoh:

Back