The 18th Thread about *rump

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize Biden can sign an executive order on student loans, right?
That's what's in court now. He can sign it but only Congress can release the money. We need to stop telling half-truths. Only specific ones can be forgiven. Most of those have already been done. The black community will continue to suffer because of half-truths told and never researched. We just believe it because someone posted it on the internet.

Last edited:
That's what's in court now. He can sign it but only Congress can release the money. We need to stop telling half-truths. Only specific ones can be forgiven. Most of those have already been done. The black community will continue to suffer because of half-truths told and never researched. We just believe it because someone posted it on the internet.

If I remember correctly, only the "federal" would qualify for forgiveness, the "private" loans would not qualify for any type of forgiveness.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Trump-tied SPAC reaches agreement with SEC staff over merger​

July 3 (Reuters) - A blank-check firm, which was set to merge with former U.S. President Donald Trump's media company and under regulatory investigation, has reached an agreement with the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission, a filing showed on Monday.

The special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC.O), said in the filing that the agreement was in principle and not yet definitive, and the terms were subject to the SEC's approval.

In October 2021, Trump's newly formed media company, Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), announced a deal to go public by merging with DWAC. But the SPAC deal was in doubt after the Justice Department and the SEC said they were investigating it.

If the SEC approves the settlement, it will enter a cease-and-desist order finding DWAC violated certain antifraud provisions in connection with the proposed merger.

Failure to settle with the SEC would create "a substantial risk of protracted litigation" and could inhibit the company's ability to merge with TMTG or any other target, DWAC said in the filing.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Attorney who challenged Trump's 2020 loss gives up law license as states weigh disciplining him​

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Attorney Lin Wood, who filed legal challenges seeking to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 election loss, is relinquishing his law license, electing to retire from practicing rather than face possible disbarment. Multiple states have weighed disciplining him for pushing Trump's false claims that he defeated Joe Biden.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in his home state of Georgia to “retire” his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me.” In the request, made in a letter and posted on his Telegram account, Wood acknowledges that he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission.”

Wood, a licensed attorney in Georgia since 1977, did not immediately respond to an email Wednesday seeking comment on the letter. A listing on the website for the State Bar of Georgia accessed on Wednesday showed him as retired and with no disciplinary infractions on his record. A spokeswoman for the Bar confirmed that the Bar had dismissed its two complaints involving Wood. In a court filing, its Office of General Counsel said it “believes that it has achieved the goals of disciplinary action, including protecting the public and the integrity of the judicial system and the legal profession” by achieving Wood's inability to practice law.

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

World reacts to NBA player’s insane Donald Trump claim​

You won’t hear all that many in the NBA community openly praising former United States President Donald Trump. But this week, it became extremely clear that Royce White is one of those few, offering his support for the former United States president by echoing a conspiracy theory.

Royce White, a former first-round pick in the NBA Draft, is participating in rapper Ice Cube’s BIG3 3-on-3 basketball league this year. He has never been shy about expressing his political views – often writing messages on his head – and he did it again this week, making a pretty controversial claim about Donald Trump and the 2020 election.

During the nationally-televised game this week, White wrote the phrase “Trump Won!” on his head in what appears to be a black Sharpie marker.

The price of following his god.

MyPillow auctions equipment after retailers pull its products​

MyPillow is auctioning off hundreds of pieces of equipment and subleasing manufacturing space after several shopping networks and major retailers took the company's products off shelves.

The Chaska-based manufacturer recently listed more than 850 "surplus equipment" items on the online auction site K-Bid. Sewing machines, industrial fabric spreaders, forklifts and even desks and chairs are up for auction.

Founder and CEO Mike Lindell said MyPillow has experienced a loss in revenue and the items are no longer needed as the company consolidates its operations.

Major retailers such as Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Slumberland Furniture all said they will no longer sell MyPillow products as Lindell continues to falsely claim that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.

"It was a massive, massive cancellation," Lindell said in a phone interview Monday. "We lost $100 million from attacks by the box stores, the shopping networks, the shopping channels, all of them did cancel culture on us."

The auction does not appear related to the $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit targeting both Lindell and MyPillow, which is ongoing in federal court.

‘Wait a Minute’: Chris Wallace Dumbfounded By RNC Chair’s Refusal to Say Biden Was Elected Legitimately​

CNN’s Chris Wallace grappled with Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel as to whether the 2020 presidential election was on the level. Former President Donald Trump has falsely claimed the contest was rigged against him by Joe Biden supporters.

Trump is seeking to GOP nomination to run against Biden in the general election.

Wallace joined Laura Coates as a guest on Wednesday’s CNN Primetime, where they previewed an excerpt of his interview with McDaniel, which will air on Friday:

WALLACE: When did you stop being an election denier?
MCDANIEL: I think saying there were problems with 202020 [sic] is very real. I don’t think that’s election-denying. I mean, Chris, I am from Wayne County. We had a woman send a note saying, “I’m being told to backdate ballots.” We had to look into that. That’s deeply concerning. When you have friends who are poll-watching and get kicked out, that’s deeply concerning. We have every right to look at that. And I think everybody should have a little more concern about, listen–
WALLACE: Wait a minute. Are you saying as the chair of the Republican Party that you still have questions as to whether or not Joe Biden was the duly elected president in 2020?
MCDANIEL: Joe Biden’s the president–
WALLACE: No, I didn’t ask you whether he’s the president.
MCDANIEL: I don’t think that–I think there were lots of problems–
WALLACE: Do you think he won the election?
MCDANIEL: I think there were lots of problems with question 2020. Ultimately, he won the election.
WALLACE: Pardon?

Now onto the appeal process....

He played the dumb judge... 😁😁😁

Judge blasts 'QAnon Shaman' for recanting his apology and refuses to toss out his plea agreement​

• A federal judge refused to toss "QAnon Shaman" Jacob Chansley's guilty plea.
  • Chansley recanted his remorse after Tucker Carlson came to his defense.
  • The judge pointed to "miles of footage" showing Chansley rioting at the Capitol.
A federal judge on Thursday sharply criticized so-called "QAnon Shaman" Jacob Chansley for recanting his remorse for participating in the Capitol riot and shut down his attempts to invalidate his guilty plea agreement.

"The Court is disappointed to learn that, through his filings and public statements, Mr. Chansley has recanted the contrition displayed at his sentencing nearly two years ago," US District Judge Royce C. Lamberth wrote. "Such an about-face casts serious doubt on the veracity of any of Mr. Chansley's claims, here or elsewhere."

Chansley was among the first rioters charged in connection to the January 6, 2021, insurrection. He pleaded guilty at a hearing in September of that year to one count of obstructing an official proceeding, for attempting to stop Congress from certifying now-President Joe Biden's electoral victory over Donald Trump. As part of his plea agreement, prosecutors dropped five other charges against him.

During the sentencing hearing, Chansley appeared profusely apologetic.

"I broke the law, and if I believe in freedom, if I believe in law and order, if I believe in responsibility and accountability, then that means that I should do what Gandhi would do and take responsibility even and especially when it incriminates me," he said. "No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's what men of honor do."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Poll: Trump voters say racism against white Americans is a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans​

As public support for reparations for African Americans remains stubbornly low, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll reveals one major roadblock: Donald Trump voters believe that racism against white Americans has become a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans.

The survey of 1,638 U.S. adults, which was conducted from July 13-17, shows that among 2020 Trump voters, 62% say that racism against Black Americans is a problem today — while 73% say that racism against white Americans is a problem.

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. A majority (51%) of white Americans, for instance, think racism against people who look like them is a problem — but overall, far more white Americans (72%) say racism against Black Americans is a problem.

Poll: Trump voters say racism against white Americans is a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans​

As public support for reparations for African Americans remains stubbornly low, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll reveals one major roadblock: Donald Trump voters believe that racism against white Americans has become a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans.

The survey of 1,638 U.S. adults, which was conducted from July 13-17, shows that among 2020 Trump voters, 62% say that racism against Black Americans is a problem today — while 73% say that racism against white Americans is a problem.

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. A majority (51%) of white Americans, for instance, think racism against people who look like them is a problem — but overall, far more white Americans (72%) say racism against Black Americans is a problem.
FOH lol

Last edited:
Donald Trump is toast. January 6 boils down to one person - Trump. That's the reason everyone was there in the first place. He tweeted for everyone to come. He sent a mob of supporters to stop the Constitutional certification of Biden (then did nothing as Commander in Chief to stop the mob for three hours - even though they were chanting hang Mike Pence), swing states sending bogus electoral certificates to DC (a plan by the President's lawyer), and the President on audio asking Georgia's Secretary of State to find him the votes to overturn the legitimate results. Sedition is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back