Take a Look at This!

I don't know if it's from an actual book that put all of them together, but these are actual quotes from the authors. The one from Lincoln is in "Forced to Glory" by Lerone Bennett.
Lincoln had stated that if he could save the union by any other means than freeing Black folk he would have done it. Of course I am paraphrasing but you get the point.

Not certain. It was posted on facebook.

It is in a book. I want to say if you search his name on a college/university database of books-it will come up. I just can't remember the name of it. I want to say it's in more than one.

Lincoln did believe whites were superior and we could not get along. That was one of the reasons he was trying (well he sort of did) sent black folks to what is now known as Haiti. His goal was to pretty much ship us out of the USA and have control of Haiti. I want to say Fredrick Douglass was consulted about it.

That is one of those facts that is out there but no one pays attention to it. The main reason I know more about it is because it was a college assignment. Problem is an assignment like that is NOT universal.

What book is this from?

Not certain. It was posted on facebook.

Ben Franklin
From a 1751 essay entitled, “Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind”

Thomas Jefferson
Notes on the State of Virginia, published in 1785

Abraham Lincoln
Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln. Volume 3.Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
Fourth joint debate September 18, 1858. Lincoln, as reported in the Press & Tribune. Douglas, as reported in the Chicago Times.

Henry Berry
1832 speech before the Virginia House of Delegates on the abolition of slavery
By Henry BERRY (Member of the House of Delegates of Virginia.)

120704145_10224495454841646_1761688264209328569_n.jpg

It is in a book. I want to say if you search his name on a college/university database of books-it will come up. I just can't remember the name of it. I want to say it's in more than one.

Lincoln did believe whites were superior and we could not get along. That was one of the reasons he was trying (well he sort of did) sent black folks to what is now known as Haiti. His goal was to pretty much ship us out of the USA and have control of Haiti. I want to say Fredrick Douglass was consulted about it.

That is one of those facts that is out there but no one pays attention to it. The main reason I know more about it is because it was a college assignment. Problem is an assignment like that is NOT universal.
the account was detailed in the 1619 project (you can listen to the podcast for free). I also found an account at this link as well.
lincoln's 1862 meeting w/ black delegation

Back