Swac Tourney Men's Semi-finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Fiyah
No, I haven't found out why the Swac games are not being televised live. According to MBC's game schedule all the Swac semi-finals & finals are TBA and that tells me we will be shown tape delayed. I guess they'll show all the games on sunday. To me that is unacceptable, our games should be live. They (MBC) need to use some of this good technology that all the other channels use to split their feeds and send them to the appropriate areas for a live transmission.

Wow and aren't we suppose to be their flagship conference. :smh: :tdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They are showing the GSU-MVSU womens game right now on tape delay. I guess they already showed the JSU-SU womens game. The mens game will probably play next.

I still want to see the games live, since I already know these outcomes, especiailly tonights finals.

for those in the Huntsville Area!

the AAMU-ASU Swac Championship game will be televised at 7pm on Channel 78/Comcast.....

I will be watchin...with AAMU shaker in hand!:D

I know they announced at the club that we had won! and alotta students said they would be down there! Especially all the students who are from Bham!

lmao@ my mom being down there for the AKA regional and wanting to stay another day when she suppose to be back in "Da Ville":lmao:

This is something to keep your eye on, speaking with our AD last week he made the comment that we got an automatic bid to the Ncaa tournament and made no reference to whether or not the conference champs win.

I never got him to elaborate any further on it because 1) I didn't think it would matter to us one way or the other and 2) I was to busy celebrating our win over TSU.

With him being on the Ncaa committee I'm wondering if he had enough influence to sway the Ncaa into dropping that.

Anyway it's going to be interesting to watch how it pans out. On another note he has just been nominated as the best AD in the nation, kudos to Mr. Floyd Kerr way to represent SU and the SWAC. :tup:

Originally posted by bluedog
This is something to keep your eye on, speaking with our AD last week he made the comment that we got an automatic bid to the Ncaa tournament and made no reference to whether or not the conference champs win.

I never got him to elaborate any further on it because 1) I didn't think it would matter to us one way or the other and 2) I was to busy celebrating our win over TSU.

With him being on the Ncaa committee I'm wondering if he had enough influence to sway the Ncaa into dropping that.

It's not the NCAA's decision on who gets the automatic bid, they only determine the at-large bids. It's determined by each conferance who get their automatic bid and the Swac like all other conferances that hold a end of season tourny, rewards the winner of that tourny with the automatic bid. Hopefully MVSU will be part of the field of 40 in the NIT.

Originally posted by Fiyah
It's not the NCAA's decision on who gets the automatic bid, they only determine the at-large bids. It's determined by each conferance who get their automatic bid and the Swac like all other conferances that hold a end of season tourny, rewards the winner of that tourny with the automatic bid. Hopefully MVSU will be part of the field of 40 in the NIT.

What I'm referring to is not having to play a play in game. As I understand it that is decided by the Ncaa, we all know that the way "WHO" gets the automatic bid for the tournament is decided by their own conference.

Well the MEAC Championship is on ESPN2. I wonder if FAMU wins will they be in the play-in game?

Originally posted by bluedog
What I'm referring to is not having to play a play in game. As I understand it that is decided by the Ncaa.

Oh ok.....yes that is determined by the basketball committee along with the rest of the seedings. But since they started meeting already, I bet they already have us(Swac) seeded in that 64th or 65th spot since there hasn't been any other big upsets like last year when UNC-Ashville won their tourny with a losing record.

With FAMU winning the MEAC, look for us to be in that game on Tues at Dayton unless CalState-Northridge beats University of the Pacific in the Big West Final tonight.

Y'all help me out. When the SWAC moved the championship game to Saturday, weren't those games televised on ESPN. I remember they used to start "in progress" for the 2nd half. Then I thought the games were shown totally by ESPN/ESPN2.

Even still, I'd rather have the 2nd half shown live on ESPN/ESPN2 than tape delayed on MBC.

My question is, did we give up ESPN/ESPN2 for this tape delayed crap????

I think the finals will be live since the Meac game was live on ESPN2, that leaves our live game on MBC with no competition. The swac use to be part of championship week on ESPN/ESPN2 with every other conferance until they signed on with MBC and that other tv deal we had last year. The championship game use to be played on sunday afternoon.

im also assuming the game will be live! because Comcast is getting there live feed from MBC network...it only makes sense!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back