Swac Schools Future Out of Conference Football Games - 2

Speaking of getting back in the rotation, Delta State gets back on our schedule in 2022 and 2023. I can almost guarandamntee that one will be in Jackson since JSU plays them in Jackson this year as part of their weekend. Our incompetent AD can't raise money so she'll probably either sell one of those games to Jackson or even let us go to Cleveland to play them at home. I'm not even shocked at stuff that goes on from that office anymore

She look like she can make a mean egg pie. Better let her lead a bake sale.

SWAC has only 4 wins in the 16-year existence of the SWAC-MEAC Challenge, with Southern Jaguars claiming 3 of those 4 wins.

It's only 15 (2020 was canceled). Also, if you're going to count all 15 it would be 5-10 (Alcorn was leading in 2016 but it is unofficial).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The SWAC West needs a serious come to Jesus meeting. smh That division, every single team, had a losing record vs OOC competition.

AAMU, AlaSU (pending victory over Tuskegee), FAMU, and JSU all had a winning record over OOC competition.

The SWAC West needs a serious come to Jesus meeting. smh That division, every single team, had a losing record vs OOC competition.

AAMU, AlaSU (pending victory over Tuskegee), FAMU, and JSU all had a winning record over OOC competition.

If you take out those 12 FBS schools and just count opposition against FCS schools (and below), the conference did well.

The East went 8-3 (with 1 game left) and the the West went 5-4 (not counting stu's game against NAU)

Alabama State 1 - 0 (Tuskegee game left)
Alabama A&M 2 - 0
Alcorn State 1 - 1
Bethune Cookman 0 - 1

Florida A&M 2 - 0
Grambling 1 - 0
Jackson State 2 - 0
Miss Valley St 1 - 2
Prairie View A&M 1 -1
Southern 1 - 1
Tx Southern 0 - 0
Ark-Pine Bluff 1 -1

If you take out those 12 FBS schools and just count opposition against FCS schools (and below), the conference did well.

The East went 8-3 (with 1 game left) and the the West went 5-4 (not counting stu's game against NAU)

Alabama A&M 2 - 0
Alcorn State 1 - 1
Bethune Cookman 0 - 1

Florida A&M 2 - 0
Grambling 1 - 0
Jackson State 2 - 0
Miss Valley St 1 - 2
Prairie View A&M 1 -1
Southern 1 - 1
Tx Southern 0 - 0
Ark-Pine Bluff 1 -1
True. But it is still an achievable feat.

iwu took out FBSer texas state in san marcos a few weeks after practicing against us. Granted, iwu had the right combo of incoming heralded transfers w/ a seasoned senior class that has stuck with and grew w/ the program, but still, they got a dub over an FBSer.

We in the SWAC should be doing the same AND also not allowing mcneese state and other southland schools to stick a fork in us from top to bottom. I have a pretty good idea how the SWAC fared in head-to-head fall 2021 competititon vs the revamped southland and we should have either edged them or been even? I'll check shortly.

True. But it is still an achievable feat.

iwu took out FBSer texas state in san marcos a few weeks after practicing against us. Granted, iwu had the right combo of incoming heralded transfers w/ a seasoned senior class that has stuck with and grew w/ the program, but still, they got a dub over an FBSer.

We in the SWAC should be doing the same AND also not allowing mcneese state and other southland schools to stick a fork in us from top to bottom. I have a pretty good idea how the SWAC fared in head-to-head fall 2021 competititon vs the revamped southland and we should have either edged them or been even? I'll check shortly.

We went 2-2 against the Southland

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SFA is not in the Southland, they are in the WAC
Totally forgot about that. smh Righto.

Would be neat to do an analysis of:

SWAC vs slc (current).
SWAC vs wac (current).
SWAC vs sec (current).
SWAC vs cusa (current).
SWAC vs sun belt (current).

Alabama A&M 2 - 0
Alcorn State 1 - 1
Bethune Cookman 0 - 1

Florida A&M 2 - 0
Grambling 1 - 0
Jackson State 2 - 0
Miss Valley St 1 - 2
Prairie View A&M 1 -1
Southern 1 - 1
Tx Southern 0 - 0
Ark-Pine Bluff 1 -1
The Western Division played a tougher OOC non-FBS schedule.

It's always been that way in football and basketball. If they think you are going to have good team they are not going to schedule you or if you beat them in basketball you will not be invited back.

USM is not about to invite Jackson State down and pay for a butt kicking. They study your rosters.

Back