SWAC presidents on 7-game: Not so fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I felt strongly about my position as one of the most productive institutions on the gridiron I would explore every option available to insure all opportunities of continued and expanded success. Even if it means leaving the conference and becoming an independent. Then you wouldn't have the restrictions of a conference office dictating how many non-conference games you are allowed to play. There has been a reference to the now defunct SWC. Arkansas left because of the expansion of the SEC and jumped at the opportunity when approached.True there were the bottom dwellers in attendance of the conference, but those schools were and are not faced with the lack of alumini support as our HBCU's. I think the most important issue as mentioned in a prior post is our inability as alumini to support our institutions financially. Until then the problems will continue regardless of the 7 or 9 game mandate.

blownup said:
If I felt strongly about my position as one of the most productive institutions on the gridiron I would explore every option available to insure all opportunities of continued and expanded success. Even if it means leaving the conference and becoming an independent. Then you wouldn't have the restrictions of a conference office dictating how many non-conference games you are allowed to play. There has been a reference to the now defunct SWC. Arkansas left because of the expansion of the SEC and jumped at the opportunity when approached.True there were the bottom dwellers in attendance of the conference, but those schools were and are not faced with the lack of alumini support as our HBCU's. I think the most important issue as mentioned in a prior post is our inability as alumini to support our institutions financially. Until then the problems will continue regardless of the 7 or 9 game mandate.

You don't understand the actions of these hateful negros (excuse the term). I think it has even happened before when a school decided to go independent, the remaining conference schools voted not to play that school. So if Grambling wanted to go 1-AA independent, I would not be surprised if they would be doing it without JSU, Alcorn, Southern or any SWAC school on their schedule. The reason behind this mandate business is the politics that go on with scheduling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
I hope you realize that cuts both ways. Hell, I could say that our fans would rather see us play FAMU than some other schools in the conference too. Just like any body from any school in the SWAC can get on here and name other non conference schools that would be an attractive matchup to their fans too.
But this is the SWAC. And there are 9 other schools. And as part of the SWAC, we play those other schools. I don't fool myself into the fantasy world of thinking we can pick and choose nothing but the games that are atttractive to us.
Heck, short of being an independent, no school gets to do that.

So, that song and dance for the so-called Big 3 (and sometimes Alcorn, according to TP) doesn't wash. Yall aint special.
If yall indeed were, then when any slots are available on your schedule (be it 2 or 4), schools would be knocking down your doors.
And looking at the ones who have (NAIA Paul Quinn for JSU, unheard of North Dakota State (or was it South Dakota) for SU, and Concordia, a club team for Gram) shole doesnt indicate that Notre Dame needs to be worried about you so-called Big 3 any time soon.

Yeah, but as history has shown, FAMU would rather drive right past Alabama for a series with SU, GSU and JSU. These are MUTUAL wants from all parties.

Also, we don't have scheduling issues. Just because we play those schools does not mean that we don't get other offers. JSU is loaded with offers every year. Chicago would love to have us but we say no while UAPB and Valley jump on. We were invited to San Diego but we said no while others jumped on it. Detroit asked us back but we said no. The CCC asks us to come and we said no...in fact, we boycotted them since 1993 becasue of lack of proper payment. SU turned down STL but Annie Mae jumped on it. We were asked to go back to ATL to play A&T (the classic was created for us in the first place, we invited A&T to join the party) but we said no so SCState was invited.

JSU has not been playing the Paul Quinn's of the world. Culberson never played down. Remember when he got out of the TxSo game to play Hampton? Paul Quinn was the work of Comegy after Culberson's job was taken from him and we had no AD. Paul Quinn was added AFTER turning down Detroit, and with GaSouthern and ULL on the table. Southern plays a smalltime school because they can. Why play Howard in Indy when they can play Spelman and make more? We can make choices that you all can't because we have something you all don't have....fans.

And in terms of holding the MEAC up to a standard, AAMU PRACTICALLY BEGS MEAC TEAMS FOR A SERIES EVERY YEAR...AND HAVE YET TO LAND ONE in 8 YEARS!!! Yet in the same era, JSU has played Howard, FAMU, Hampton, and A&T. Even Alcorn has played A&T, Howard and Hampton. As Classics go, AlaState rarely gets invites outside of AL and AAMU is the 5th choice when they do get invited. AlaState could not get MEAC teams to play them either so you all were playing Lane and JC Smith. Don't get it twisted.

The bottom line is that you all would get the scraps if the Big 3 plus Alcorn took all the major classics and opponents like we used to. We did not have scheduling issues. You all did. Let me say that again.... WE DID NOT HAVE SCHEDULING PROBLEMS...YOU ALL DID!!!

Tigerpride said:
And in terms of holding the MEAC up to a standard, AAMU PRACTICALLY BEGS MEAC TEAMS FOR A SERIES EVERY YEAR...!

You lying biatch.

Of course you're not having scheduling problems, because they've been kickin' your arse, so why would they want to keep a sure win off the schedule?

AAMU Alum said:
You lying biatch.

Of course you're not having scheduling problems, because they've been kickin' your arse, so why would they want to keep a sure win off the schedule?

Truth Hurts. :licky:

Tigerpride said:
Yeah, but as history has shown, FAMU would rather drive right past Alabama for a series with SU, GSU and JSU. These are MUTUAL wants from all parties.

Also, we don't have scheduling issues. Just because we play those schools does not mean that we don't get other offers. JSU is loaded with offers every year. Chicago would love to have us but we say no while UAPB and Valley jump on. We were invited to San Diego but we said no while others jumped on it. Detroit asked us back but we said no. The CCC asks us to come and we said no...in fact, we boycotted them since 1993 becasue of lack of proper payment. SU turned down STL but Annie Mae jumped on it. We were asked to go back to ATL to play A&T (the classic was created for us in the first place, we invited A&T to join the party) but we said no so SCState was invited.

JSU has not been playing the Paul Quinn's of the world. Culberson never played down. Remember when he got out of the TxSo game to play Hampton? Paul Quinn was the work of Comegy after Culberson's job was taken from him and we had no AD. Paul Quinn was added AFTER turning down Detroit, and with GaSouthern and ULL on the table. Southern plays a smalltime school because they can. Why play Howard in Indy when they can play Spelman and make more? We can make choices that you all can't because we have something you all don't have....fans.

And in terms of holding the MEAC up to a standard, AAMU PRACTICALLY BEGS MEAC TEAMS FOR A SERIES EVERY YEAR...AND HAVE YET TO LAND ONE in 8 YEARS!!! Yet in the same era, JSU has played Howard, FAMU, Hampton, and A&T. Even Alcorn has played A&T, Howard and Hampton. As Classics go, AlaState rarely gets invites outside of AL and AAMU is the 5th choice when they do get invited. AlaState could not get MEAC teams to play them either so you all were playing Lane and JC Smith. Don't get it twisted.

The bottom line is that you all would get the scraps if the Big 3 plus Alcorn took all the major classics and opponents like we used to. We did not have scheduling issues. You all did. Let me say that again.... WE DID NOT HAVE SCHEDULING PROBLEMS...YOU ALL DID!!!

Well dayum. Tell them how you really feel lol.

Tigerpride said:
Truth Hurts. :licky:

Truth? Just like the "truth" of your dead and buried program's great resurrection too, I suppose. That's a rich one! :lol:

Don't hold your breath waiting on that either.

They are comin' lookin' for JSU 'cause they know they can kick your arse! A patsy, an easy win...hell, why wouldn't they want you on the schedule.

Aluminum, there is no need for you to be salty. Dude, just do like everyone on this board said. Get your AD to get off their butt and schedule some meaningful opponents. Well, whenever you all get a AD.

Blacknbengal said:
Aluminum, there is no need for you to be salty. Dude, just do like everyone on this board said. Get your AD to get off their butt and schedule some meaningful opponents. Well, whenever you all get a AD.

Like y'all and Paul Quinn. Oooh, we are so jealous of you, and your big 3 arses for getting such a powerhouse on your schedule. Woe iz usses. We iz green wit' envy!

After the way y'all's azzez have been thrashed the past three years (by EVERYBODY) you shouldn't have any trouble getting someone to volunteer to beat the isht out of you!

Sparkman High needs an extra game this year. What say you?

:lol:

AAMU Alum said:
Like y'all and Paul Quinn. Oooh, we are so jealous of you, and your big 3 arses for getting such a powerhouse on your schedule. Woe iz usses. We iz green wit' envy!
Dude, if you could read then you would have noticed about 1 page ago that we tried to schedule ULL, but with this 9 game mandate it ruined it. Now get off your all butts and call Jacksonville State and stop running from them.

..and Grambling, J-State nor SU have a problem finding meaningful out of conference games. The only problem is a free Saturday to schedule them due to the 9 game mandate.

Tigerpride said:
You don't understand the actions of these hateful negros (excuse the term). I think it has even happened before when a school decided to go independent, the remaining conference schools voted not to play that school. So if Grambling wanted to go 1-AA independent, I would not be surprised if they would be doing it without JSU, Alcorn, Southern or any SWAC school on their schedule. The reason behind this mandate business is the politics that go on with scheduling.

But the statement made of "The Success of the Big 3". You obiviously don't need the remainder of the SWAC schools so why would not being able the schedule them be an issue? You would be free to schedule all of those top notch programs 1A & 1AA you speak of and grow your image amongst the remaining 1AA world. But I'm of the opinion that your problems without financial support would still exist and maybe on a greater scale. If for the sake of argument JSu, Gsu & Su (I guess this is the Big 3 Right?) were able to go independent and schedule the GA Southern's, of the 1AA and the Louisville's of 1A (examples only) and loose on a frequent basis, how would that help you and would your fans continue to support a losing program, although your playing higher quality competition.

blownup said:
If for the sake of argument JSu, Gsu & Su (I guess this is the Big 3 Right?) were able to go independent and schedule the GA Southern's, of the 1AA and the Louisville's of 1A (examples only) and loose on a frequent basis, how would that help you and would your fans continue to support a losing program, although your playing higher quality competition.

Hell, blown, you make too much sense! That boy ain't doin' nothing but talking out of his arse...as he's been known to do time and again on this forum.

You don't need to create THAT scenario to answer THAT question. Hell, just look at their last three seasons as the Bell tolled! :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
blownup said:
If for the sake of argument JSu, Gsu & Su (I guess this is the Big 3 Right?) were able to go independent and schedule the GA Southern's, of the 1AA and the Louisville's of 1A (examples only) and loose on a frequent basis, how would that help you and would your fans continue to support a losing program, although your playing higher quality competition.

For the sake of a BETTER arguement when is UAPB going to play a I-AA powerhouse or the Louisville's of 1-A?

Tigerpride said:
And AlaState could not get MEAC teams to play them either so
see, when folks get to lying, they don't when to stop
:smh:

In the last few years, we've played FAMU, BCC, SCState, Howard

but I digress, cause I shole didn't know that you're doing all this bellyaching just to get to play the MEAC. :smh: :snicker:

btw, you can also stop the mess about JSU being the first choice in Detroit. You weren't. Period.

Paul Quinn was added AFTER turning down Detroit, and with GaSouthern and ULL on the table
And is this suppose to be something to stick your chest out about????
scheduling an NAIA team????
for your season opener?????

and before you say any more foolishness about that one, remember you just posted "We don't have scheduling issues"

:lol::lol:

face it, yall aint what yall think yall are. The sooner yall realize it, the better for all

NOW WE HAVE A CIVIL WAR AMONG SWAC SCHOOLS!!!!!:look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:

DAYUM YOU RUDY TO HATES !!!!!!!!!!

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

These are some interesting comments I am reading. Again, I will point out that every conference in America only has 4 to 5 good teams. Scheduling is a problem and will always be a problem. Tenn St. has an advantage because they have it both ways. Now if the former big three leave the conference they would want it both ways also. From a business standpoint I bet these schools would want to keep playing in the money games.

Over the last 9 years, AAMU has not agreed to any classic until the money or letter of credit was signed. Now how many of your schools went out a limb and did not get all of your money. Even the ESPN Challenge game ask the schools to fund themselves and the check will be sent later. :nod:

mighty hornet said:
In the last few years, we've played FAMU, BCC, SCState, Howard

And is this suppose to be something to stick your chest out about????
scheduling an NAIA team????
for your season opener?????

You played FAMU once and you had to pay them to play you. We get series with FAMU.
I don't recall you playing Howard in the past 5 years but we also had a 5 game series with them
You played BCC once and SCState was only becasue of the ESPN Challenge. They would not have played you otherwise.

If Paul Quinn was the only opponent we could get, then I would feel bad. I know they were not so I don't care what you say. We are playing them BECAUSE WE WANT TO PLAY THEM.

Also, even if AlaState was the first choice of Detroit, after appearances by FAMU and JSU, they know who the city wants to see.

AAMU Alum said:
Hell, blown, you make too much sense! That boy ain't doin' nothing but talking out of his arse...as he's been known to do time and again on this forum.

You don't need to create THAT scenario to answer THAT question. Hell, just look at their last three seasons as the Bell tolled! :lol:

TNState has been a losing program for the last ten years but do people call them first or AAMU/AlaState? That is what I thought. JSU has been losing for 3 years but who is a more interesting opponent? JSU has been scheduling tough opponents since the beginning of time, Alum. If teams were JUST starting to play us, then you would have a point but we have always been a team of interest to play.

mighty hornet said:
The diffference is not nearly as great as you're making it it out to be.

And I hope you aint fooled yourself into believing that every team in the country is falling all over themselves to get yall on their schedule.

Man............Please stop with your JSU Hate.

Unlike ya'll..................We ain't happy having to schedule Chat-noga and Miles.

Personally, I'm tired of JSU and a couple other schools in this conference constantly having to sacrafice plans because other don't pull their own weight year after year.

F a 9 game mandate...................Work harder to put your own name out there.

AAMU Alum said:

:lol:

And this statement sum's it up MY last statement MH.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
For the sake of a BETTER arguement when is UAPB going to play a I-AA powerhouse or the Louisville's of 1-A?

I didn't mean to make it personal, I thought it was a legitmate question, whether UAPB schedule a 1AA or 1A powerhouse is besides the point according your argument. We or any other school outside of your Big 3 don't even deserve to be issuing scholarships to student athletes for the ultimate goal of getting a college degree. The last time I examine the landscape of any college campus they were in the business of educating. I think we loose perspective when it comes to athletics. Be assured win or lose I pull for my beloved golden Lions every time they hit the field. And it doesn't matter whether they win or lose, my RV will be on the road and parked at Golden Lion stadium EVERY home game. But the bottom line is simple, every kid on that gridiron has the opportunity to achieve a college degree and for that we are all winners, 7 or 9 game mandate!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back