SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAHILL

saw this on fb.... Looks like we will have details of the Bowl game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 26
Just saw a few posts on twitter and the MEAC fan zone, that the game will be called the "Celebration Bowl" and is to be held on December 19, 2015.

I've also seen where there is supposed to be press conference later today.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Kenn made too many changes lol... I dont see where delete is lol.... Moderators can you merge or delete this thread.

Conference Champions will meet at Georgia Dome in Atlanta

The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) will meet in the newly created Celebration Bowl postseason gameon Dec. 19, 2015, pitting the conference champion from these two Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). The game will be played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, on an ESPN network.

The Celebration Bowl is committed to providing the champions of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and the Southwestern Athletic Conference, and their alumni, fans and sponsors a first-class bowl experience while continuing to celebrate the legacy, values and traditions of Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...eated-celebration-bowl-following-2015-season/

Timing will be off with it being Dec 19th, should have been later in the month. That's just 2 weeks after the SCG.

These aren't the Bill Clinton Days but Thank The Lord Southwest Airlines has service in Houston and Atlanta.

Timing will be off with it being Dec 19th, should have been later in the month. That's just 2 weeks after the SCG.

The week after that is Christmas. The week after Christmas is the New Year's Eve bowl games...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If its a week before Christmas complain.... if its a week after folks complain.... if its new years people complain... we are just a complaining people.... Trust me there are enough STUDENTS that will be home during Christmas break to make this event successful (as far as attendance)

The Bowl game will be fine - ESPN cares about viewers/shares, not attendance in the stands for these bowl games. The SCG is the one that will take the biggest hit now - will the fans of the East & West Champs go to Houston AND Atlanta - and before Xmas at that? Or will most fans do as a lot of FCS Playoff team fans did - not attend the semi-final bowl game in hopes of their school reaching the championship game (will East & West fans decide to try and make one trip, hoping it is the Bowl Game in Atlanta?)

If its a week before Christmas complain.... if its a week after folks complain.... if its new years people complain... we are just a complaining people.... Trust me there are enough STUDENTS that will be home during Christmas break to make this event successful (as far as attendance)

Truth.

This is not all on our fans like the SCG in which it's a SWAC event in a SWAC city with plenty of HBCU alums. This is on ESPN, the MEAC, 100 Black Men and the city of ATL to get the fans to show up. If we can't do that in a city of around 600K that's over 50% black then we failed.

I think the name is gay as hell but this is good for us. Damn those who don't like it. Should jsu go, I'll be there. I'll watch and CHEER for whatever swac school that makes it. Whether ppl like it or not this is happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back