Southern Vs. Prairie View

THAMES

Someone on the Band Board reported that the Southern/Prairie View game will be the first HBCU game to be played in Houston's new Reliant Dome. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true, will both of the Bands be there?

Did Southern finally get its official schedule straight?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That would be a nice atmosphere in a new stadium with the roof open. The bands should really sound great.

It is true, I spoke with the AD from PVAMU on Thursday of last week. He said the game had been finalized at the Reliant Dome!:)

Are you sure that isn't the former Astrodome? I'm curious since I have only heard of the new stadium called Reliant Stadium.

Reliant Stadium and Reliant AstroDOME are 2 separate facilities. Someone need to confirm where this game is at.

The Stadium or the Dome?

Charles McClelland AD, said that we will play in the new Reliant Stadim. He said we are the first HBCU's scheduled to play in the stadium.

So where is the labor day classic being played?

the old chrome dome unfortunately. It will be hard walking by that new stadium and seeing that your a month away from going into it.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
the old chrome dome unfortunately. It will be hard walking by that new stadium and seeing that your a month away from going into it.

Thats dumb, the LBC should be at Robertson or Rice! The dome is not the same anymore!

I hope the weather is nice so that we can enjoy the open air enviroment - the bands, the bands, but if it isn't it sure is nice to have options.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'll Be There!

The game will not be much of a football game, but the halftime show will be KICKARSE!!

That's messed up... They gonna put the Labor Day Classic in the Dome? I don't understand the logic of this. This is the biggest game of the season for both schools and they are gonna bypass the Reliant Stadium and use Reliant Astrodome? I'd like to know what was the deciding factor in letting the SU/PV game be played in the new stadium.

My guess would be if the Texans have a home game on that Sunday, they won't let some high school teams play on the field Saturday night with a home game on Sunday.

The Texans play a pre-season game Friday, August 30th (the night before the Labor Day Classic) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Being that the field is new, they don't know how the field will react from the pre-season game so they don't want to risk the chance of playing another game on the field the very next night.

Originally posted by Lewis
My guess would be if the Texans have a home game on that Sunday, they won't let some high school teams play on the field Saturday night with a home game on Sunday.

"High School" ???

Jagster, if your talking about SU and PV, you get the new stadium but if your talking about TSU and PV it's in the old dome.

Us folks who live in Houston know it is in the old dome. I don't know who is lying to you when the press release from Rice University says in bold letters that they are the first game in Reliant Stadium. I seriously doubt they would put an emphasis on that unless they were the first.

It does not matter where the game is played the Jags will "skunk" pv. The half time show will be the same way. I think p.v. should just forfeit the game. Their band is not quite in the same league. Further, their football team hasn't been in the same league for quite sometime. But on 2nd thought, everyone does need a cupcake. So, let the game begin in the new dome!!! S.U. Houston Alum deserves a game played in their backyard every year.

Back