Southern Vs. Alabama A&M 5th Quarter 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cee don't realize how many invitations Doc and the Jukebox would get to come out to the ATL. As a matter of fact Doc prolly was guess conductor at more functions in the ATL than any HBCU band director other than probably Foster at FAMU.

Psycho... being real... nobody knew who he was at Honda when got some award during the BOTB. He didnt get any type of crowd response and started to get booed because the presentation was taking too long.

Well I marched in The Jukebox from 91-95 with about 100 cats from ATL over those 4 years and there were probably another 200 who didn't make it. How long has it been since you''ve lived in ATL, You are a little detached to say the least.

Bruh I know about ATL bands better than most anyone on this board. Those are my roots. :lol: The top bands that is never cared for the sorry ones anyway. :lol: Still SU gets no props. Sorry. :lol: Maybe since MBC is gone yall probably get a couple of those kids. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Psycho... being real... nobody knew who he was at Honda when got some award during the BOTB. He didnt get any type of crowd response and started to get booed because the presentation was taking too long.

I forgot about Honda. I was talking about other events but I heard differently.

I forgot about Honda. I was talking about other events but I heard differently.

PLEASE tell me what you heard. I was right there with Lady Rebel off the page. He did NOT get any love during Honda. I think only the bandmembers knew who he was. I dont even think they mentioned him being a former SU director. Now if it would have been Donavan Wells from BCC the house would have come down.

Bruh I know about ATL bands better than most anyone on this board. Those are my roots. :lol: The top bands that is never cared for the sorry ones anyway. :lol: Still SU gets no props. Sorry. :lol: Maybe since MBC is gone yall probably get a couple of those kids. :lol:

You're in denial. We were getting alot of ATL kids BEFORE MBC shut down their program and at the time we didn't even recruit. So take that B.S. somewhere else. A bunch of my Crab Brothers are from ATL including the majority of the dancing dolls. :lol: :lol:

Everytime I go to ATL I wear my "S" and I get much love. :)

You're in denial. We were getting alot of ATL kids BEFORE MBC shut down their program and at the time we didn't even recruit. So take that B.S. somewhere else. A bunch of my Crab Brothers are from ATL including the majority of the dancing dolls. :lol: :lol:

Everytime I go to ATL I wear my "S" and I get much love. :)

So does a person wearing Fort Valley band shirt. :lol: Get my point. :lol: Man I was just messing with yall. :lol: but SU still gets no props. :lmao:

Now if it would have been Donavan Wells from BCC the house would have come down.

Riiiiight!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

CJ I had a whole conversation with Jimmy (wildkatjay) who marched for BCC about Doc guest conducting at the Honda and he didn't say anything about Doc getting Booed.

As a matter of fact not only was Doc interviewed many times on that ATL band t.v. show ya'll have out there but he has also put on workshops out there in ATL.

MBC wasn't gone until 2001, and was under the direction of a Juke:lol:, not that mbc was ever a top band anywhere outside of ATL. But if you didn't know about Southern, Then you didn't know. Some of my best friends are dudes that were born and raised in the ATL, as a matter of fact 4 of the 8 dancing dolls from 92-96 were from ATL:lol:. Sorry you were out of the loop Cee:noidea:.
But back to the discussion. Sorry, the best band I've seen from AAMU was 2007. But like I said, I didn't see 2002 circle city.
That '98 screamin demon footage should be an embarassment. MMW should be pissed that someone showed that trash outside of their band hall. 99 was ok, so was 2000, other than those years, yall don't even hit the radar.

Riiiiight!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

CJ I had a whole conversation with Jimmy (wildkatjay) who marched for BCC about Doc guest conducting at the Honda and he didn't say anything about Doc getting Booed.

As a matter of fact not only was Doc interviewed many times on that ATL band t.v. show ya'll have out there but he ha s also put on workshops out there in ATL.

why the lmao? You dont honestly think SU bands is more popular than BCC in ATL do you?

I didnt say he was getting booed for who he was... I said he was getting booed because the presentation was taking too long. Let me REALLY think back, Doc conducted a song? Must have missed that, I only remember him getting some award.... What did he conduct Shawty right there is a 10? Thats the only song the bands played together.

MBC wasn't gone until 2001, and was under the direction of a Juke:lol:, not that mbc was ever a top band anywhere outside of ATL. But if you didn't know about Southern, Then you didn't know. Some of my best friends are dudes that were born and raised in the ATL, as a matter of fact 4 of the 8 dancing dolls from 92-96 were from ATL:lol:. Sorry you were out of the loop Cee:noidea:.
But back to the discussion. Sorry, the best band I've seen from AAMU was 2007. But like I said, I didn't see 2002 circle city.
That '98 screamin demon footage should be an embarassment. MMW should be pissed that someone showed that trash outside of their band hall. 99 was ok, so was 2000, other than those years, yall don't even hit the radar.

Um MBC didn't come under the direction of a juke until like I said the late 90's. :lol: Sorry bruh but SU don't get that much house. :lol: Okay I'll give yall the couple of dancing dolls but that's about it. :lol:

why the lmao? You dont honestly think SU bands is more popular than BCC in ATL do you?

I didnt say he was getting booed for who he was... I said he was getting booed because the presentation was taking too long. Let me REALLY think back, Doc conducted a song? Must have missed that, I only remember him getting some award.... What did he conduct Shawty right there is a 10? Thats the only song the bands played together.

I guess because he even has a picture of Doc conducting the Mass band.

Um MBC didn't come under the direction of a juke until like I said the late 90's. :lol: Sorry bruh but SU don't get that much house. :lol: Okay I'll give yall the couple of dancing dolls but that's about it. :lol:

Hey, If you didn't know, you didn't know!!!:retard: Blame your friends for keepng you in the dark while you thought that you were keeping up.:swink:

Hey, If you didn't know, you didn't know!!!:retard: Blame your friends for keepng you in the dark while you thought that you were keeping up.:swink:

Oh I know that SU don't get much house in the ATL.:lol: If you think SU gets house that's fine, but the truth hurts I know. SU is okay, but yall are just that Ok. Same thing year after year since the 50's. Dang shame. When my baby boy grows up 25 years from now yall will be doing the same dang thang. :lol: How hard is that:retard::xeye: :lol:

All I know is Justin don't want none....lol

Just wish someone would finally put up in front SU 99 and in front AAMU 99 and all this wishful thinking on AAMU part would stop. I will say that was our best competition and "US" SU could have played some of our other songs. (No Smack) but our directors usually call our aight/ok songs against bands they don't really feel is worth it. Other than that we had that HEAT at that came just just we did the entire season. Can't take that from us, just like you I would't take nothing from AAMU in 99. But some of AAMU cats over exagerrate 99 based off of a few old school folk who was surprised "ANY" band showed up with that kind of fight... In many of SU old head eyes if we don't just smash the next band they are dissapointed, don't mean your band didn't get got nor does it mean you band got SU.

If we are willing to admit to FAMU 2000 ( our BIGGEST rival ) something should click in some of yall heads "We didn't really do what we think we did"....

FAMU 2000 couldn't have done what they did to many other SU bands.. they caught SU on a year where we were lacking in key instrumentation....

Oh I know that SU don't get much house in the ATL.:lol: If you think SU gets house that's fine, but the truth hurts I know. SU is okay, but yall are just that Ok. Same thing year after year since the 50's. Dang shame. When my baby boy grows up 25 years from now yall will be doing the same dang thang. :lol: How hard is that:retard::xeye: :lol:

So you admit that you've known about the Jukebox since the 50s!:lmao:point proven right there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So you admit that you've known about the Jukebox since the 50s!:lmao:point proven right there.

See that why you SU cats go wrong at. Never said we didn't hear about you SU cats in the ATL. I said you gets no props. To us you are just like Savannah State. Meant to be seen and not heard. I mean really you guys are just average . You do the same show over and over where is the excitement in that. :lol: Sorry but where I'm from you gets no love. COme on out to Washington park this weekend in the ATL and ask folks at the old head band reunion about SU and I bet you get laughed out of Southwest Atl. :lol: I tell you what I'll video tape me asking that question several time this Saturday and post what they have to say. :lol:

I really took a lot of your post as a big joke, really thought you were playing.. You are playing right? SU gets no love in ATL?!?! :retard:

I remember getting in the strip clubs for free my crab year because of our SU band shirts...lol

And like folks already said a good bit of our DD line is/was from ATL... It was a bunch from ATL in our trumpet section.. one of them did 2 years at SU left went to AAMU and quit because he just couldn't see himself going up against SU... I know in 96 crab class... trumpets majority were from New Orleans, second most was ATL.... It was a good bit on Bone from ATL (upperclassmen).. 96 we only had 5 crab t-bones.. 2 of them were from ATL...

SU band was made up of majority New Orleans (and New Orleans area) next was Mobile, Atlanta/Houston was a close third behind Mobile... Then Mississippi folk

See that why you SU cats go wrong at. Never said we didn't hear about you SU cats in the ATL. I said you gets no props. To us you are just like Savannah State. Meant to be seen and not heard. I mean really you guys are just average . You do the same show over and over where is the excitement in that. :lol: Sorry but where I'm from you gets no love. COme on out to Washington park this weekend in the ATL and ask folks at the old head band reunion about SU and I bet you get laughed out of Southwest Atl. :lol: I tell you what I'll video tape me asking that question several time this Saturday and post what they have to say. :lol:

How you gonna do that from Bama?:lmao:

You have to be playing.... You from AAMU and you talking about SU field shows....Someone get the rope.....:lmao::lmao:

I really took a lot of your post as a big joke, really thought you were playing.. You are playing right? SU gets no love in ATL?!?! :retard:

I remember getting in the strip clubs for free my crab year because of our SU band shirts...lol

And like folks already said a good bit of our DD line is/was from ATL... It was a bunch from ATL in our trumpet section.. one of them did 2 years at SU left went to AAMU and quit because he just couldn't see himself going up against SU... I know in 96 crab class... trumpets majority were from New Orleans, second most was ATL.... It was a good bit on Bone from ATL (upperclassmen).. 96 we only had 5 crab t-bones.. 2 of them were from ATL...

SU band was made up of majority New Orleans (and New Orleans area) next was Mobile, Atlanta/Houston was a close third behind Mobile... Then Mississippi folk

And don't forget Memphis

:emlaugh: I like SU really I do, but yall still average. :lol: Yall SU folks just can't accept the fact that everyone doesn't like yall. :lol: I'm going to make sure I post that clip for yall okay. I bet you I can't find over 2 folks at the whole park who even like SU. :lol: If you don't believe come on out to Washington Park and i'll prove it to you. Just ask for Cee they'll be glad to show you who I am. We gone have plenty of food and beer so come on out. :lol:

Psycho you got a real ucked up memory lol 2000 neither band played for real. Thats the game it was about 20 degrees outside... both bands left right after the game.

I take the 01 comment back, I meant the Indy game. I dont think i went to the 01 game.

Man please in 2000 we cranked song after song on AAMU to stay warm. That was embarrassing. LOL!!!!! I was in the 99 band. That wasn't as close of a battle that yall think it is. To be honest when i think about bands we faced when I was in the band AAMU was never on the radar. Thats just being honest.

:emlaugh: I like SU really I do, but yall still average. :lol: Yall SU folks just can't accept the fact that everyone doesn't like yall. :lol: I'm going to make sure I post that clip for yall okay. I bet you I can't find over 2 folks at the whole park who even like SU. :lol: If you don't believe come on out to Washington Park and i'll prove it to you. Just ask for Cee they'll be glad to show you who I am. We gone have plenty of food and beer so come on out. :lol:

So because of recent years of AAMU lack of performances you all accepted the fact you all are an average band, now you want to put SU in that same boat?....lmao
Crabs in the barrell I swear.....:retard:

To be honest when i think about bands we faced when I was in the band AAMU was never on the radar. Thats just being honest.

What difference does that make? Does that make a difference at the game? So the only "good" bands in your opinion are the ones on the "radar"?

Boy I tell ya :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back