SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY 2005 FOOTBALL SIGNEES

Watch them Caarva (Carver) Kids.... they bound to drop a book and head to the weed man... :scared:

oh yeah, solid class!

Willowridge went to the second round in the playoffs this year, which hasn't happened in a decade. IMO, Clark was a good QB, but I don't know a lot about the other two backs. However, the top rated Back signed for Rice. Willowridge will have a new computer design academy beginning next fall, and I'm curious on the number of students that may transfer and if it will have any impact on our athletic program.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SlickPartna said:
Watch them Caarva (Carver) Kids.... they bound to drop a book and head to the weed man... :scared:

oh yeah, solid class!

What a horrible stereotype. Marshall Faulk graduated from G.W. Carver New Orleans (in the heart of 9th ward....not childs play) and turned out O.K. Sometimes our own people are our worse enemies.

The RB out of Vicksburg(Larry Warner) may turn out to be a good one for SU. He's small(5'3, 165) but he's tough and slippery. He's a good fit for their offense.

JSU/99 said:
The RB out of Vicksburg(Larry Warner) may turn out to be a good one for SU. He's small(5'3, 165) but he's tough and slippery. He's a good fit for their offense.

Hey JSU99, what do you know about the Stamps kid from Warren Central we recruited? Is he related to former JSU and Atlanta Falcons rb Sylvester "Zip Code" Stamps who's also from Vicksburg.

JR said:
Hey JSU99, what do you know about the Stamps kid from Warren Central we recruited? Is he related to former JSU and Atlanta Falcons rb Sylvester "Zip Code" Stamps who's also from Vicksburg.
He might be related, but I'm not sure. I don't know anything about him.

JROCK said:
What a horrible stereotype. Marshall Faulk graduated from G.W. Carver New Orleans (in the heart of 9th ward....not childs play) and turned out O.K. Sometimes our own people are our worse enemies.
Look at your list mane -- not 9th ward Carver High -- Carver in Bama.

Jagster said:
I doubt its the GPA thats killing them, its the SAT/ACT scores and core curriculum classes. These kids are taking things like Business Math 2, thinking that can replace Calculus or Trigonometry but come to find out that it doesn't.

Calculus and Trig are core classes? I don't think so....maybe Algebra I and II and Geometry.

Tigerpride said:
Calculus and Trig are core classes? I don't think so....maybe Algebra I and II and Geometry.

Right...the ACT doesn't cover Calculus hardly at all. It is mainly basics plus Algebra I, II and Trig/geometry.

JR said:

I believe that's his nephew.

GSUperTiger said:
Look at your list mane -- not 9th ward Carver High -- Carver in Bama.

I know.......It is the same situation though (that is why I specified New Orleans as opposed to Montgomery......The temptations and environments are probably apples & apples).

JROCK said:
I know.......It is the same situation though (that is why I specified New Orleans as opposed to Montgomery......The temptations and environments are probably apples & apples).
Man, you can not compare anything around Florida Ave and Poland as apples to apples.

GSUperTiger said:
Man, you can not compare anything around Florida Ave and Poland as apples to apples.

I don't know much about Poland avenue but know a whole lot about Florida Ave. And there cannot be any more drugs are adverse influences in Montgomery than in lower 9 N.O. (I know...lived in the Big Easy a good part of my adult life) Drugs are everywhere and to sterotype a kid based on any environment is wrong. I am suprised that you are trying to defend this pitiful typecasting:

slickpartner said:
"Watch them Caarva (Carver) Kids.... they bound to drop a book and head to the weed man...

GSUp..........Do you really want to attempt to defend this moronic statement?

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
We lost the big one to LSU. :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:
Trindon Holiday 5-6 180 RB Northeast High Zachary,La. the kid runs a 4.2 40. He had fastest 100 time in the nation when he was a sophmore.

Yeah, but the only thing is, with Vincent, Carey, Broussard and Addai all returning, plus Addai and Carey all being Seniors in 05, and the others being Sophs and Jr's, will this kid play RB?

LSU recruited 2 solid RB's. One of them is 6'0" and the other 5'10"(I believe)

Holliday also did not want to play Slot Receiver and KR. At 5'6" 165lbs., do you honestly believe he will play RB at a D1 school?

Keep in mind, he does run a 4.27 in the 40, but a RB @ LSU?? I don't think so.

FYI... Pete woulda played him at either RB/KR or Slot Receiver.

I think he's gonna run track and dress for Football(i.e. Bennie Brazell)

Jax1906 said:
Yeah, but the only thing is, with Vincent, Carey, Broussard and Addai all returning, plus Addai and Carey all being Seniors in 05, and the others being Sophs and Jr's, will this kid play RB?

LSU recruited 2 solid RB's. One of them is 6'0" and the other 5'10"(I believe)

Holliday also did not want to play Slot Receiver and KR. At 5'6" 165lbs., do you honestly believe he will play RB at a D1 school?

Keep in mind, he does run a 4.27 in the 40, but a RB @ LSU?? I don't think so.

FYI... Pete woulda played him at either RB/KR or Slot Receiver.

I think he's gonna run track and dress for Football(i.e. Bennie Brazell)

Well Iowa did have Fred Russell at 5'5 starting for the last 2 years at RB and the Kansas State rb who had a TD in the Sr. Bowl is small. The problem for Holliday is that he will not be a every down back and the fact that LSU is loaded at Rb. Also don't buy into the notion he will not play slot for LSU. That is what his mouth says, but when he see's 95k screaming LSU fans in Tiger Stadium, he will do whatever they say for him to get on the field. He will be their next Skyler Green. He may run track, but he will see the field at LSU.

In my opinion I think we are fine at WR and RB. That's were we are the deepest. Holliday is no loss.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Congratulations to the MIGHTY, FIGHTING JAGUARS OF SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY!!!!!! I hope this upcoming season is one of our best, ever. Way to go, Pete! :tup:

:jump: :flippy: :jump:

JR said:
Well Iowa did have Fred Russell at 5'5 starting for the last 2 years at RB and the Kansas State rb who had a TD in the Sr. Bowl is small. The problem for Holliday is that he will not be a every down back and the fact that LSU is loaded at Rb. Also don't buy into the notion he will not play slot for LSU. That is what his mouth says, but when he see's 95k screaming LSU fans in Tiger Stadium, he will do whatever they say for him to get on the field. He will be their next Skyler Green. He may run track, but he will see the field at LSU.

In my opinion I think we are fine at WR and RB. That's were we are the deepest. Holliday is no loss.

You gotta point.

Plus, Skip probablly told him he could do both as did Green and Brazell. Holliday is in fact, no loss to SU, but you never know. :shh:

Lastly, we are real deep at WR and RB, plus with SU solidifying its QB position...JC and Alfred will have a field day this year.

CJ Byrd is a really good Q/B. I saw him in the playoff against Yates. He killed Yates. I thought he had been Knocked out of the game. He came back in completely dominated. He is fast and has a really strong arm. I thought he was a junior.

:topic:

If one look at the views in this thread, they could surmize that interest in Jaguar Football is................Alive and Well!!! :tup:

JR said:

evidently you must have not seen him play. This is a huge loss. He is a difference maker. I really doubt he has a future a wr because his hands are not the greatest. During his freshman and sophmore seasons at Northeast High he played wr. He would leave the db by 5 or 10 yards(no exaggeration) and drop the football. During his junior they switched him to rb and boom he was an instant star.

JROCK said:
I don't know much about Poland avenue but know a whole lot about Florida Ave. And there cannot be any more drugs are adverse influences in Montgomery than in lower 9 N.O. (I know...lived in the Big Easy a good part of my adult life) Drugs are everywhere and to sterotype a kid based on any environment is wrong. I am suprised that you are trying to defend this pitiful typecasting:

GSUp..........Do you really want to attempt to defend this moronic statement?
Dude, this is exactly what I wrote (meaning I agree)..comparing the two are not apples to apples.

Panthro said:
Damn! Hightower and that other one outnumber???? WTF??? :confused:

Just don't hear the name "WR" coming out of that area in football anymore. :( Now it's North Shore, Bay City (of course), La Marque, Tx City (every now and then), Madison, Katy (of course), The Woodlands lol, ...

I am from originally form LaMarque and we have soem very good player that are exiting the High school doors every year..... I saw some pretty good one from home that i would have loved to see come to Grambling but they have chosen bigger schools..... These Universities are RAISNG THE BAR on admission standards for these kids to get into school....... But there is alot of talent but it has to some times be searched hard for......... :lecture:

JROCK said:
:topic:

If one look at the views in this thread, they could surmize that interest in Jaguar Football is................Alive and Well!!! :tup:

JROCK are you implying that everyone is riding the coat tail of the LADY JAGS????????????? :ebrow: :ebrow: But you think you alll have pretty goood crew coming in

Back