SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY 2005 FOOTBALL SIGNEES

SUjagTILLiDIE

1. Ronald Wade wr/db/kr 6-1 180 Glen Oaks Hs Baton Rouge,La
2. CJ Byrd QB 5-11 170 Marshall Hs Marshall,Tx.
3. Damion Clark QB 6-3 190 Williow Ridge HS Houston,Tx.
4. Marcus Wilkerson DB 5-10 175 John F. Kennedy HS Garfield Hts.,Oh
5. Bryant Lee QB 6-2 185 Hahnville HS Hahnville,La
6. Toyin Akinwale DB 5-9 180 Willow Ridge HS Houston,Tx
7. Larry Warner RB 5-3 165 Warren Central HS Vicksburg,Ms
8. Gary Chapman LB 6-3 215 Forest Brock HS Houston,Tx
9. Kevin O'Neal LB 6-4 215 Warren Easton HS New Orleans,La
10.Jeremy Smith DB 6-0 185 Bastrop HS Bastrop,La
11.Jimmy Hollins DL 6-3 265 Forest Brook HS Houston, Tx
12.Jeff Neff DL 6-2 280 Northeast HS Zachary, La.
13.Otis Stamps DB 5-11 160 Warren Central HS Vicksburg,Ms
14.Dwayne Charles LB 6-3 245 Lafayette HS Lafayette,La
15.Scotty Dauterive WR 6-2 210 Lafayette HS Lafayette,La
16.Jonathan Malveaux LB 6-1 215 Belaire HS Baton Rouge,La
17.Randy Thomas,Jr. DB 6-1 185 Carver HS Montgomery,AL
18.Myles Williams OL 6-2 270 Upland HS Upland,CA
19.Wyatt Tatum OL 6-4 320 Pearl River CC Poplarville,Ms
20.DeJarvis Benton OL 6-5 280 Carver HS Montgomery,AL
21.Bryant Smith OL 6-3 275 Carver HS Montgomery,AL
22.Keefe Leonard DB 6-0 185 Willow Ridge HS Houston,Tx
23.Adrian Banks OL 6-4 310 Willow Ridge HS Houston,Tx
24.Gerron Spears OL/DL 6-4 280 Capital HS Baton Rouge,La
25.Donald Steele LB 6-1 220 Selma HS Selma,AL
26.Gregory Henderson DE/LB 6-1 258 Clark HS New Orleans,La
27.Johnny Berry LB 6-3 245 Pearl River CC Poplarville,Ms

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We lost the big one to LSU. :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:
Trindon Holiday 5-6 180 RB Northeast High Zachary,La. the kid runs a 4.2 40. He had fastest 100 time in the nation when he was a sophmore.

I heard about the four signees from Willowridge this morning and was really surprised at that many from the same school. I wish them all the best and I will have to follow their progress.

Dang, between SU and Gram did we leave anybody in Texas? Good job in the Bama. I don't ever remember us getting that many at one time from there.

Look likes we got a whole lot of academic qualifiers which is great.

The Qb from Hahnville is a real steal.

So SU got folks from Cali to Ohio to Texas to La to Miss to Alabama. :bowdown:

only one Texan was qualified at this point..that's why they got out...some schools can't mes with props..

also in Texas...SU lost out to Texas A&M-Kingsville for a kid....that's hard to figure out

JR said:
Dang, between SU and Gram did we leave anybody in Texas? Good job in the Bama. I don't ever remember us getting that many at one time from there.

Look likes we got a whole lot of academic qualifiers which is great.

The Qb from Hahnville is a real steal.

So SU got folks from Cali to Ohio to Texas to La to Miss to Alabama. :bowdown:

Have you noticed not too many signees from Tx are in the SWAC list today? :read: All of those for Gram won't qualify I'm <b>pretty sure</b>.

<b>Qualifiers</b>. :shame:

I can see more big crowds in Houston when the Jags come to town. If one of the SWAC Texas schools every start winning, the crowds would really be off the chain when S.U. comes to town.

Hey alabama folks ,do any of you know anything about Randy Thomas Jr. I hear he is one lleh of a baseball player also. :bump:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the band fan said:
damn..all these schools with fancy facilities and these kids can't get a measly 2.5?

I doubt its the GPA thats killing them, its the SAT/ACT scores and core curriculum classes. These kids are taking things like Business Math 2, thinking that can replace Calculus or Trigonometry but come to find out that it doesn't.

JROCK said:
What can you tell us about the Willow Ridge Program?

tbf is a grad so I'm most certain he's a lot closer than myself. But, what I can tell you is that it's NO WHERE @ the level it once was. During the late 80s/early-mid 90s, they were indeed a TRUE powerhouse. Erecting several newly neighboring high schools has divided the talent pool for the Mo City/**** areas. Their alumni list of pro athletes is overly notable. :tup:

I think (as a whole football wise) they've fallen off tremendously due to the aforementioned.

Panthro said:
Have you noticed not too many signees from Tx are in the SWAC list today? :read: All of those for Gram won't qualify I'm <b>pretty sure</b>.

<b>Qualifiers</b>. :shame:

All I have to say at SU our props have had success. Especially the ones from Tx. Pete will give you a chance, but you better take advantage. Last year the kid #88 Rogers Taylor from Longview had a good year as a True Freshman WR with big plays all year. You will see less and less props heading to SU due to our admission standards being raised the last few years. The last 2 recruiting classes have seen the field at SU. BTW DeMarcus Miller was a prop and graduated, so was our OL Thomas Saulsby who by the way got his year back which helped us out when Sims got hurt. Lunda Wells and some others who started were at one time a prop. Some schools do well with them and some don't. At SU we do pretty well with them.

Panthro said:
tbf is a grad so I'm most certain he's a lot closer than myself. But, what I can tell you is that it's NO WHERE @ the level it once was. During the late 80s/early-mid 90s, they were indeed a TRUE powerhouse. Erecting several newly neighboring high schools has divided the talent pool for the Mo City/**** areas. Their alumni list of pro athletes is overly notable. :tup:

I think (as a whole football wise) they've fallen off tremendously due to the aforementioned.

Yeah, before I moved from Houston(Ft Bend area) that program had fallen way down. I think they had athletes over there, but no coaching is what I saw. The last good Willowridge team I saw was with Jimmy Friday and Mike Miller and that gang.

it's to the point now where they will get a good class every 4 years or so due to the attendance zones...this is the year....they are building some HUD rental properties nearby so the talent will start to restock itself soon...they are the smallest school in the district now...that's my alma mater

funny thing about those kids....only one was pursued by us

the band fan said:
they are the smallest school in the district now...

Damn! Hightower and that other one outnumber???? WTF??? :confused:

Just don't hear the name "WR" coming out of that area in football anymore. :( Now it's North Shore, Bay City (of course), La Marque, Tx City (every now and then), Madison, Katy (of course), The Woodlands lol, ...

the band fan said:
it's to the point now where they will get a good class every 4 years or so due to the attendance zones...this is the year....they are building some HUD rental properties nearby so the talent will start to restock itself soon...they are the smallest school in the district now...that's my alma mater

funny thing about those kids....only one was pursued by us

So TBF are you saying those WR kids are not that good or are you saying they are pretty good. At oe point WR had coaching issues over there. I knew some friends of mine who sent their kids to Hightower, Elkins or Dulles because of the coaching.

Elkins sucks now...3rd coach in 3 years...Dulles is beyond horrible now...Hightowe was the most consistent due to them being a magnet ptogram and the growth patterns...but FB Marshall, which is on 2234 and 3 miles from Willowridge has thineed Hightower out...coaching at Ridge was decent but they did not utilize the pass when needed

Marshall has the talent but struggled in varsity play...they took a lot of Hightower's zone

the band fan said:
Elkins sucks now...3rd coach in 3 years...Dulles is beyond horrible now...Hightowe was the most consistent due to them being a magnet ptogram and the growth patterns...but FB Marshall, which is on 2234 and 3 miles from Willowridge has thineed Hightower out...coaching at Ridge was decent but they did not utilize the pass when needed

Marshall has the talent but struggled in varsity play...they took a lot of Hightower's zone
do you know anything about CJ Byrd the QB from Marshall.

Back