Sha'Carri Richardson Back to Winning Ways (article)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
She gotta beat Abby Steiner — on the track and in hearts and minds — to take back that American top spot

Maybe she gets the redemption arc

I am not sure if age will be an issue next year but Elaine Thompson-Hershey-Herah in particular and the Jamaican female sprinters in general will probably have something to say about all of this next year at the Olympics.
We won't have to wait for the Olympics, we still have the World Championships in August.

From what I've witnessed in their body language, none of them Jamaican sprinters like Sha' Cari, and she don't like any of them. But Sha'Cari appears to have a more business-like approach in what she does now.

I would love to see a final that includes Richardson, Thompson-Herah and Sherika Jackson. I still go back to watch how Jackson damn near ran down Tee Tee Terry in the 4x100 finals last year at the World Championships.

View: https://youtu.be/MnCilaL_3yo

Last edited:
@CEE DOG, hell yes, I have heard of him. He is also two time World Champion in the 110 hurdles. I think he is the 2nd fastest man in the history of the event.

Last edited:
I see things in her form that have changed and improved. Steiner seems to not have the durability Sha'carri has. I think she's edged Sha'carri in one 200m. Sha'carri shut down her stride in that very fast 200m she did with the arms out wide. The shape she's in and the work she's done...it's another gear. I'm rooting for everybody black.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm glad sha'carri seems to be more focused. Shericka Jackson ran a world leading 10.65

She did that 24 hours after Sha'Carri's 10.71

If Sha'Carri is focused, she's gonna win because she coasted running that 10.71

I was at that meet this past week. Probably the best track meet I have ever been to. But anyway, when Sha'Carri was introduced and she snatched that wig off her head and threw it on the track, the crown went nuts. LOL!! I was sitting there thinking to myself "Lord you can take me now, cause I done seen it all". LOL!! Like her or not, you have to give her credit, she is a very "watchable" athlete. By that I mean people will watch her to see her win, or they will watch her to see her lose. There have been time when she worked my last nerve. But, she is entertaining.

I've never called her any of those things, but I did say she was "trippin," and she was. But I'm glad it appears she's gotten things "back on track." (Pun intended).
Neither did I but you would have thought I called her everything but a child of God. The only thing I said was she knew where she was and what the consequences would be if the rules were violated. I am glad that she seems to have put all of that behind her and moving forward.

Back