Rice and Powell.

Yanno, I said a while back that I would not weigh in on these political agruements, because there was no point in doing so. But what I don't understand is the blind labeling of "US" just because of our political beliefs. No other ethnic group does this...no other ethic group holds it's members to certain standards because they hold to certain convictions. But keep this in mind....Say what you want about Powell and Rice....they are living examples of "Putting your time into something and getting rewarded for it". These individuals have the HIGHEST positions in the heirachy of govt. in the history of African Americans...and mofos want to use labels like puppets and uncle tom......Yeah, mofos have been loyal as a Bassett Hound to the Democratic party where is the reward for that.....

Name me one election where White Democrats have voted overwhelmingly for a Black Democrat in an election...I can name several where White Republicans have voted for Black Republicans. What does that say.....the most loyal voting base in U.S. history is constantly being taken for granted by the very same bastion it benefits from. If that is not a reason to diversify our voting power, I don't know what is. Remember, you must first govern in order to change policy.....you change absolutely 0% from the outside.

But hey, I don't know what I'm talking about...I was only a Dem, Ind, and a Rep. so where is my point of reference.
:shame:

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
Yanno, I said a while back that I would not weigh in on these political agruements, because there was no point in doing so. But what I don't understand is the blind labeling of "US" just because of our political beliefs. No other ethnic group does this...no other ethic group holds it's members to certain standards because they hold to certain convictions.
Interesting!
I agree, but at the same time, you can't use those same blind labels and stereotypes when you harp on black people who choose to align with the Democratic Party. Just as you chose to be a Republican, some black people may have chosen to be a Democrat.

and Makaho,
I agree with some of what you said, but not all.
It's not necessary to govern in order to change policy. The policies implemented in the 60's as a result of the civil rights movement were done and "we" damn sure were not governing.

And there are SEVERAL instances where white Democrats voted for black Democrats. That's a no-brainer.
Just think of the many blacks who have been elected to state-wide positions as Democrats. No state out there has a majority black population. If white Democrats, as you say, did not vote for these people too, they could not have won.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's called voting for the better of two evils. White Democrats are only willing to vote for Black Democrats because they don't want a white Republican. Furthermore how many black governors do we have now? How many black SENATORS...not Representatives but SEANTORS.

Jesse did all that marching with Martin and still could not ascertain a high ranking position. He wanted to start at the top without taking into consideration that most President's start at the state level. We always want jump to the top without putting in some time.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
And there are SEVERAL instances where white Democrats voted for black Democrats. That's a no-brainer.
Just think of the many blacks who have been elected to state-wide positions as Democrats. No state out there has a majority black population. If white Democrats, as you say, did not vote for these people too, they could not have won.

Interesting!

Ahhhh, wrong answer my man.....

In Mississippi....Troy Brown, Willie Richardson, ran for state offices....The Gov. won....The Lt. Gov won...both these black men had 20,000 less votes than their party mates...why, in MS, you have to vote straight ticket. So that meant that white democrats skipped over black candidates and voted for white ones. Explain to me a 20,000 vote difference in a state wide office when all other white state canditates had a variance of 200-300 votes.

Remember....congressional votes are regional....not statewide...we have only one black congressman...and his region has a 60% BVAP.

That's exactly why I said SENATORS not Representatives.

Ahhhh, wrong answer my man.....

In Mississippi....Troy Brown, Willie Richardson, ran for state offices....The Gov. won....The Lt. Gov won...both these black men had 20,000 less votes than their party mates...why, in MS, you have to vote straight ticket. So that meant that white democrats skipped over black candidates and voted for white ones. Explain to me a 20,000 vote difference in a state wide office when all other white state canditates had a variance of 200-300 votes.

Remember....congressional votes are regional....not statewide...we have only one black congressman...and his region has a 60% BVAP.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
It's called voting for the better of two evils. White Democrats are only willing to vote for Black Democrats because they don't want a white Republican. Furthermore how many black governors do we have now? How many black SENATORS...not Representatives but SEANTORS.

Jesse did all that marching with Martin and still could not ascertain a high ranking position. He wanted to start at the top without taking into consideration that most President's start at the state level. We always want jump to the top without putting in some time.

We currently have 0 Black senators and O black governers....
Representatives are Regional and not State wide like Senetarial elections. State's are responsible for drawing the lines to represent their states makeup...which is why black democrats continue to get voted into office by black democrats....white democrats jump ship 60% of the time and vote for the white republican candidate.....why, even white democrats think black democrats are too "radical". What a way to treat it's most loyal voting dynamic....again, someone please show me "one "election where I am wrong.

They can't show you...they're too mad about Cedric the Entertainer talking about Rosa.....or the sign that used to hang in the state building in Houston....or calling Conde, Colin, J.C., and every other Republican that's black an Uncle Tom.

We currently have 0 Black senators and O black governers....
Representatives are Regional and not State wide like Senetarial elections. State's are responsible for drawing the lines to represent their states makeup...which is why black democrats continue to get voted into office by black democrats....white democrats jump ship 60% of the time and vote for the white republican candidate.....why, even white democrats think black democrats are too "radical". What a way to treat it's most loyal voting dynamic....again, someone please show me "one "election where I am wrong.

I sense a mass google search of election statistics within the next 30min.....

However, I engage in the compilation of such data here in MS on the regualr....I'ts part of my business. It just aint there....even in California, the most liberal state...Maxine Waters, and peeps like her are voted overwhelmingly by black peeps...the white democrats always bail on them....yet, like the ever faithful Bassett Hound, they remain loyal.

ummm Makaho,
There is a world that exists outside of Mississippi.
If you want actually think that what you said is true for the country, you are so damn mistakened.

Let's see, I guess when Doug Wilder became governor of Virginia, he only got the votes of black Democrats. Right now, the state of Georgia has a black Attorney General, a black labor commisioner, and two blacks are on state supreme court. All elected statewide. If I wanted to continue showing you examples, trust me, I can.

It's called voting for the better of two evils. White Democrats are only willing to vote for Black Democrats because they don't want a white Republican.

Is that based on any research or just another one of your baseless statements? :confused:

We always want jump to the top without putting in some time.
Hey, Makaho,
what were you saying about that "blind labeling"

LMAO!

What pther political position did Jesse Jackson have before running for President?

Is that based on any research or just another one of your baseless statements? :confused:

Hey, Makaho,
what were you saying about that "blind labeling"

LMAO!

Yet why would anybody Black call Colin and Conde house ni$$as, or Uncle Toms. We call Clinton a brother all the time but at the end of the day he was WHITE BOY. Who was the last President to have a Black Sec. of State, Black National Security Advisor?

Just tell me when. Not Clinton, not Carter, nobody. When was the last Black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. These blacks serve in the the most powerful positions ever. We as blacks need to support them regardless of their political beliefs.

Yet why would anybody Black call Colin and Conde house ni$$as, or Uncle Toms. We call Clinton a brother all the time but at the end of the day he was WHITE BOY.
We who????

I tell ya, this blind labeling has to stop!!!!!!!

We as blacks need to support them regardless of their political beliefs.
:smh:
I don't think you realize just how far out there that one is!

Do you suggest supporting every black politician "regardless of their political beliefs"

If you, as a Republican, choose to support them thats fine and dandy. But it's crazy to expect all black folks to do the same, "regardless of their political beliefs".

Man please...like you never labeled them that. I support them because they are doing something positive.

We who????

I tell ya, this blind labeling has to stop!!!!!!!

:smh:
I don't think you realize just how far out there that one is!

Do you suggest supporting every black politician "regardless of their political beliefs"

If you, as a Republican, choose to support them thats fine and dandy. But it's crazy to expect all black folks to do the same, "regardless of their political beliefs".

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

If you, as a Republican, choose to support them thats fine and dandy. But it's crazy to expect all black folks to do the same, "regardless of their political beliefs". [/B]

A snake will bite you whether it's a white snake or a black snake.

However, I am all for recognizing Colin and Condi's accomplishments, regardless of their beliefs.

Do I support what they are doing? No, but I respect them for their acheivement.

I don't vote for someone just because they are Black, or for any singular reason.

Man please...like you never labeled them that.
Show me just ONE post where I did.

The point I'm trying to get you to see is that you can't just go around labeling everybody as one in the same. That doesn't wash!
The same way it doesn't wash with all of these general stereotypes and labels being conveniently thrown around.

So would you turn down a presidential appointment if you knew you were qualified and could make a difference?

Show me just ONE post where I did.

The point I'm trying to get you to see is that you can't just go around labeling everybody as one in the same. That doesn't wash!
The same way it doesn't wash with all of these general stereotypes and labels being conveniently thrown around.

ummm Makaho,
There is a world that exists outside of Mississippi.
If you want actually think that what you said is true for the country, you are so damn mistakened.

Let's see, I guess when Doug Wilder became governor of Virginia, he only got the votes of black Democrats. Right now, the state of Georgia has a black Attorney General, a black labor commisioner, and two blacks are on state supreme court. All elected statewide. If I wanted to continue showing you examples, trust me, I can.

Ummm, MH I chose Mississippi because it is the lowest common denominator as far as partisan politics is concerned.....Doug Wilder was a MODERATE dude!!! He played both sides of the fence.....that's the only way one of "US" get's elected...the same applies for your Attorney General and the two blacks on the Supreme court were APPOINTED not elected. And if the Democratic party was so good to Wilder...why did he seek office (Virginia Senate) as an INDEPENDENT. And no matter how many skewed examples you show...I can show you more Republicans Elected/Voted for....an amazing disparity compared to a 90% level of support given to the Liberal agenda.

And I am not Damned mistakend....we are only 12% of this country...mofos get fooled because they live in cities like ATL, Jackson, etc where it's majority "US".
And "NO" I don't want to see 90% of us in the Republican party either....I would like to see one day equal representation in each party.....that way, when election time comes they take none of "OUR" votes for granted...which they currently do now.

the same applies for your Attorney General and the two blacks on the Supreme court were APPOINTED not elected.
WRONG!!!!!! Those justices are Elected.
As far as Thurbert Baker being a moderate, you're wrong again. (man, I would NEVER try to debate you about Mississippi politics, cause I don't live there and I dont know anything about the politics there. I live in Georgia and I know about the politics here. Please don't tell me you wanna debate me about the politics here in Georgia).
the Liberal agenda.
And to think it was you who said that about the blind labeling.

And I am not Damned mistakend...we are only 12% of this country...mofos get fooled because they live in cities like ATL, Jackson, etc where it's majority "US".

True, I live in ATL, a predominantly black city, but mh aint one of those "mofos fooled" into thinking that the US is predominantly black.
In fact, I don't know any blacks who actually think that as a race, we constitute the majority in the U.S.

Biography

Thurbert E. Baker, Attorney General

June 1, 1997 -

baker.jpg

Thurbert E. Baker was appointed Georgia's fifty-second Attorney General by then-Governor Zell Miller on June 1, 1997. On November 3, 1998, he was elected to serve a four year term, and re-elected on November 5, 2002, carrying 118 of the Georgia's 159 counties.

As Attorney General, Mr. Baker has focused on fighting crime, corruption and consumer fraud. He pushed to accelerate Georgia's death penalty appeals process, and death penalty cases are now moving more quickly than at any other time in modern Georgia history. He proposed Georgia's groundbreaking financial identity fraud statute, which allows him to prosecute scam artists that steal consumers' personal identifying information and use it to commit crimes. Mr. Baker created the Open Government Mediation Program, which has helped numerous Georgians resolve their request for open government without having to go to court. Mr. Baker pushed through the General Assembly a bill that toughened penalties for domestic abusers, including a provision making it a crime to commit an act of domestic violence in the presence of a child. Mr. Baker's tough anti-crime record has earned him endorsements from law enforcement officials across Georgia as well as the active support of the National Rifle Association.

Umm...

Mighty Hornet...would you please give more examples of candidates not being Moderate....lol

:swink: :swink: :swink:

Makaho,
:smh::smh:

Go back and read that bio again on Baker!!!!
In typical fashion, you choose to highlight a couple of sentences from his web page and label him as moderate. You can go to just about ANY politician's website and pick and choose some keywords and "choose" to say that politician is in tune with any political ideaology. And then you highlight that he was supported by the NRA. LMAO!!!!!!
Well, I LIVE here and trust me, Baker is DEFINITELY solidly aligned with the Democratic Party, hold NUMEROUS positions that are definitely in line with the Democratic Party, and is currently at war with GA's Republican Governor (all the way down, to being sued by him)

And since you felt the need to post that link about Baker, maybe you need to go back and re-read that part about him being ELECTED twice.

Makaho,
:smh::smh:

Go back and read that bio again on Baker!!!!
In typical fashion, you choose to highlight a couple of sentences from his web page and label him as moderate. You can go to just about ANY politician's website and pick and choose some keywords and "choose" to say that politician is in tune with any political ideaology. And then you highlight that he was supported by the NRA. LMAO!!!!!!
Well, I LIVE here and trust me, Baker is DEFINITELY solidly aligned with the Democratic Party, hold NUMEROUS positions that are definitely in line with the Democratic Party, and is currently at war with GA's Republican Governor (all the way down, to being sued by him)

And since you felt the need to post that link about Baker, maybe you need to go back and re-read that part about him being ELECTED twice.

O.K. MH I will post the rest of his Bio....

Attorney General Baker has taken an active role in the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG), where he serves on the Executive Committee and was elected by his colleagues to serve as Chair of the Southern Regional Conference of Attorneys General. He is also the Convenor of the NAAG Civil Rights Committee, and serves as NAAG's representative to the American Bar Association's House of Delegates. Reflecting his special concern for victims of domestic violence, Attorney General Baker served as Vice Chairman of NAAG's Conference on Violence Against Women. He also serves as an advisor to the Harrell Center for the study of domestic violence at the University of South Florida.

In 1988, Mr. Baker won the first of five elections to represent part of DeKalb County in the Georgia House of Representatives. In 1991, after just one term in the General Assembly, Mr. Baker was chosen by Governor Miller to serve as his Assistant Administration House Floor Leader. In 1993, Governor Miller promoted Mr. Baker to the position of Administration House Floor Leader. While serving as Floor Leader for Governor Miller, Mr. Baker helped lead his effort to enact some of the most significant legislation in modern Georgia history, including the HOPE scholarship, and tough anti-crime measures, such as Georgia's "Two Strikes and You're Out" law that puts the worst repeat violent offenders in prison for life without parole, and tougher sentences for drunk drivers.

Attorney General Baker was born in Rocky Mount, North Carolina on December 16, 1952. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1975, where he was a member of the fencing team and the 1975 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) individual sabre champion. In 2002, the ACC recognized Mr. Baker as one of the top fencers in conference history, naming him to its fiftieth anniversary fencing team.

Mr. Baker received his law degree from the Emory University School of Law in 1979. Since graduating from law school, Mr. Baker has engaged in a variety of legal practices, including serving as a lawyer for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and managing his own law firm.

Attorney General Baker is active in his community. He was a member of the DeKalb County Library Board for many years. He serves as a trustee for Ebenezer Baptist Church, and as a member of the boards of the National Medical Society at Emory University and the DeKalb College Foundation. He is a member of the Emory Law School Council, and serves on Emory University's Board of Visitors. In his capacity as Attorney General, Mr. Baker is a member of the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Georgia and a member of the Judicial Nominating Commission.

Attorney General Baker lives in Stone Mountain with his wife, Catherine, and their two daughters, Jocelyn and Chelsea.

------------------------------------------------------------

Man, this dude is about as liberal as Rush Limbaugh !!! lol
I'm going to move to Georgia so I can vote for him. I especially like his compassionate liberal stance on 2 strikes and you're out for repeat offenders. I like this dude!!

:jump: :jump: :jump:

smh@you for allowing yourself to believe that you can gleen a whole lot from a one page bio.

I bet if you click on the webpage for the klan, you will find some more catchwords that will fit into your agenda.

btw, I guess in your mind, only moderates and conservatives have ideas about fighting crime.
The klan probably got one too.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, stop selling yourself so short!

Back