Rice and Powell.

Currently the verdict is still out. These are dangerous times we are living in. We cannot perdict the future. The outcome of the Iraqi and Korean conflicts will go a long way in deciding their place in history. Plus, I do not believe we have heard the last from Rice. Rumor has it that she will either be on the ticket as Bush's vice in 04 or will run for governor of California.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No matter how this turns out they will always be considered FIRST in their respected fields. Simply because of their political beliefs they have been bashed by African Americans. Instead of bashing them we as African Americans need to look at them as great Americans. Our ancestors fought and died for us to have positions like this. Now that we have them, we, African Americans, call them degrading names like Unlce Tom.

We should be happy and congratulate them. They made great milestones.

Well I going to have to kinda, sorta, in a round about way, agree with Dr. Sweet Nupe on this one.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
No matter how this turns out they will always be considered FIRST in their respected fields. Simply because of their political beliefs they have been bashed by African Americans. Instead of bashing them we as African Americans need to look at them as great Americans. Our ancestors fought and died for us to have positions like this. Now that we have them, we, African Americans, call them degrading names like Unlce Tom.

I agree with you there. I don't agree with their politics, but I like their contribution.

Simply because of their political beliefs they have been bashed by African Americans. Instead of bashing them we as African Americans need to look at them as great Americans. Our ancestors fought and died for us to have positions like this. Now that we have them, we, African Americans, call them degrading names like Unlce Tom.
Since you say they are being bashed by African Americans "simply because of their political beliefs", why should African Americans hold these political figures up as "great Americans" then? Please don't tell me you're saying that African Americans should hold them up as great Americans, just because of the fact they're African Americans.

And for the record, I don't necessarily agree that they have been "bashed". Sure, some folks may not agree with their political beliefs, but I don't see this widespread bashing.

Uphold them? You mean, the way Ced the ENTERTAINER did for Rosa Parks and MLK? :eek2:

Man please you know dayum well they have been bashed. Ced didn't bash Rosa, it was a movie....meant to be funny. When other blacks who are not acting call Colin an Conde uncle Toms that's another subject altogether.

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Since you say they are being bashed by African Americans "simply because of their political beliefs", why should African Americans hold these political figures up as "great Americans" then? Please don't tell me you're saying that African Americans should hold them up as great Americans, just because of the fact they're African Americans.

And for the record, I don't necessarily agree that they have been "bashed". Sure, some folks may not agree with their political beliefs, but I don't see this widespread bashing.

How does your frat say that???? "A hit dog will holla!"

I can shake my head because I live in America and that is one of my liberties! Secondly, NOBODY HAS to make me judge of what should be made a joke. That is another one of my liberties of being born in the country. I can do it alllllllll day long just like Ced the Entertainer can make ill-formed jokes alllllllllllllll day long! It is one of my freedoms... Now stuff that sock in your drawers!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
ummm what's your point? My issue is simple don't get mad at Ced get mad at the writers. Rosa try to sue Outcast and is pissed at Ced. As far as I'm concerned, I agree with the writers, how many more people were arrested before Rosa? That's what I would like to know.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
How does your frat say that???? "A hit dog will holla!"

I can shake my head because I live in America and that is one of my liberties! Secondly, NOBODY HAS to make me judge of what should be made a joke. That is another one of my liberties of being born in the country. I can do it alllllllll day long just like Ced the Entertainer can make ill-formed jokes alllllllllllllll day long! It is one of my freedoms... Now stuff that sock in your drawers!

Nupey: You're mistaken. Mad? Who said I was mad? Read me again.

I am not mad at Cedric, nor did I insinuate I was mad. I stated that I felt the uproar about this was OVERBLOWN. At the same time, I felt the jokes were ill-formed and disrespectful. The woman is 90 years old. It isn't her fault that someone made her the ICON of sitting in the front of the bus. As I recall, she was NOT a journalist for any newspaper, nor was she a historian for who sat in the front or rear of the bus. Again, I disagree with CED but I am not mad at all. Why should I be mad?

I never said they should not be congratulated or upheld. I only asked you IF you felt they should be "upheld" in the same fashion that Cedric "upheld" Rosa and Martin...etc.

They definitely should be upheld in same fashion. Each part of life there are steps, MLK was the originating step. Conde and Colin are taking it to another level.

Nupey: You're mistaken. Mad? Who said I was mad? Read me again.

I am not mad at Cedric, nor did I insinuate I was mad. I stated that I felt the uproar about this was OVERBLOWN. At the same time, I felt the jokes were ill-formed and disrespectful. The woman is 90 years old. It isn't her fault that someone made her the ICON of sitting in the front of the bus. As I recall, she was NOT a journalist for any newspaper, nor was she a historian for who sat in the front or rear of the bus. Again, I disagree with CED but I am not mad at all. Why should I be mad?

I never said they should not be congratulated or upheld. I only asked you IF you felt they should be "upheld" in the same fashion that Cedric "upheld" Rosa and Martin...etc.

what?

Originally posted by J C
Currently the verdict is still out. These are dangerous times we are living in. We cannot perdict the future. The outcome of the Iraqi and Korean conflicts will go a long way in deciding their place in history. Plus, I do not believe we have heard the last from Rice. Rumor has it that she will either be on the ticket as Bush's vice in 04 or will run for governor of California.

,,,,,, Condi as VP????? :eek2: GET DA FUGG OUTTA HERE; NO FUGGIN' WAY????????

Cali gov???? that would be very easy.

,,, oh myyy,,,,,,, that would be very intriguing. oooooh myyyy.

Easy now DSNupe,,

,,,, yeah, yeah, yeah,, so dey caught some partisan ribbing from fellow black Americans, "just business",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but now come on dude,,, if you think Ebony, Jet, et al black media ain't gonna hold them up as pioneering black leaders,,,, you're crazy. You know how "we" (black society in general) do; anybody das famous in any kind of way, I don't care what their politics are, we'll latch on to (,,,,,,, uh-although you may have more of a point on ya boy Clarence Thomas,,, but him too,,,, I believe black history will ultimately give him props.), especially if we can spin their success to our good image advantage,, "yes,, uhh-it was actually a black man/woman, not that idiot Bush, dat got us throw the Iraq/Korean crisis",, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH type smack just as an example,,, you know how we can spin stuff in a positive AA light.

Ced,,,,

Uphold them? You mean, the way Ced the ENTERTAINER did for Rosa Parks and MLK? :eek2:

you know,, when i first heard the hoo-plah bout Ced running smack at Parks, King,,,, I blew it off,,,,, but after seeing the movie,,, I still generally blew it off, but I whenced at hearing the cracks (i was like,, "daaaaang,, das kinda tight",, but laughed it off.). the only thing that was much more clear, that really stuck with me, was now understanding why all the conservative talk show personalities latched on to this issue and where so methodical in coming to the defense of the producers(ERRRRRRRRR, the right for entertainers to poke fun at "sacrid" black/liberal historical figures) :rolleyes:

Back