RAYFIELD WRIGHT,WARREN MOON AND HARRY CARSON ARE ELECTED INTO THE H.O.F.

JaguarNation99 said:
You can add Marshall Faulk to the list at RB. I'm not sure McNair is there yet. I think he needs 2-3 more seasons like the strech he had between 2001-2003.

I forgot about Faulk...he's probably a first-ballot guy

I think Steve's career and reputation as one of the toughest players ever will get him in...also being the first to throw for 20,000 and rush for 3,000 or more in his career....All-Pro..MVP...Pro bowl selection...

Now..two names that could spark some Hall of Fame debate: Terrell Davis and Kurt Warner

Journalist said:
I forgot about Faulk...he's probably a first-ballot guy

I think Steve's career and reputation as one of the toughest players ever will get him in...also being the first to throw for 20,000 and rush for 3,000 or more in his career....All-Pro..MVP...Pro bowl selection...

Now..two names that could spark some Hall of Fame debate: Terrell Davis and Kurt Warner

I think his reputation will definitely serve him well, playing through all those injuries. But still in the end, it usually comes down to numbers. Right now he's sitting at a little over 27,000 passing yards and 192 TDs total passing and rushing. Three more solid seasons get him to over 35,000 yards passing and over 200 TD passes, which would get him pretty close to 250 TDs total. Combine that with being top 5 in rushing yards by a QB, and that would put him over the top.

FYI: He's not the only QB in the 20,000/3000 club. There are actually five players with 25,000 yards passing and 3000 yards rushing: McNair, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young and Randall Cunningham.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JaguarNation99 said:
I think his reputation will definitely serve him well, playing through all those injuries. But still in the end, it usually comes down to numbers. Right now he's sitting at a little over 27,000 passing yards and 192 TDs total passing and rushing. Three more solid seasons get him to over 35,000 yards passing and over 200 TD passes, which would get him pretty close to 250 TDs total. Combine that with being top 5 in rushing yards by a QB, and that would put him over the top.

FYI: He's not the only QB in the 20,000/3000 club. There are actually five players with 25,000 yards passing and 3000 yards rushing: McNair, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young and Randall Cunningham.

Appreciate the correction JagNation...notice the names in that list: McNair, Elway, Tarkenton, Young and Cunningham... Elway, Tarkenton and Young are in the Hall of Fame..Cunningham's the only QB out the bunch that did not make it to the SUper Bowl.

But back to the other question: What you think about Terrell Davis and/or Kurt Warner's chances for the Hall???

Journalist said:
Appreciate the correction JagNation...notice the names in that list: McNair, Elway, Tarkenton, Young and Cunningham... Elway, Tarkenton and Young are in the Hall of Fame..Cunningham's the only QB out the bunch that did not make it to the SUper Bowl.

But back to the other question: What you think about Terrell Davis and/or Kurt Warner's chances for the Hall???

I think it's going to be tough for both of them, a lot harder for Kurt Warner. Davis had that injury and might get some consideration along the lines of a Gale Sayers (he does have better stats than Sayers). The downside for Davis is that average backs can get 1000 yards in Denver, and while being a good runner, Sayers was a special, once in a lifetime back. Warner on the other had has no shot, he had a couple of great seasons and then flamed out. He's basically Scott Mitchell with a Super Bowl ring.

JaguarNation99 said:
I think it's going to be tough for both of them, a lot harder for Kurt Warner. Davis had that injury and might get some consideration along the lines of a Gale Sayers (he does have better stats than Sayers). The downside for Davis is that average backs can get 1000 yards in Denver, and while being a good runner, Sayers was a special, once in a lifetime back. Warner on the other had has no shot, he had a couple of great seasons and then flamed out. He's basically Scott Mitchell with a Super Bowl ring.

Now if I were Kurt Warner, I'd fight you for even putting my name near Scott Mitchell...lol...

I agree with you on the Terrell Davis thing, but still he did rush for 2000-plus and was Super Bowl MVP one of those two times I think.

I am glad Warren Moon got in. We finally got a black QB in that is a great accomplishment for him. We still need Randall Cunningham and Doug Williams. I believe is Steve McNair that hold tight for about 3 seasons he will get in. His numbers could be there.

Journalist said:
Now if I were Kurt Warner, I'd fight you for even putting my name near Scott Mitchell...lol...

I agree with you on the Terrell Davis thing, but still he did rush for 2000-plus and was Super Bowl MVP one of those two times I think.

It's not nearly the insult you think it is LOL. Just think about it, Scott Mitchell had that crazy year in Detroit were he threw for over 4000 yards out of nowhere, then had a couple more decent seasons and was never heard from again. Kurt Warner had one so-so season (2000) sandwiched by two great seasons (1999, 2001) while playing with arguably the greatest offensive talent ever assembled, then his deal with the devil expired.

JaguarNation99 said:
It's not nearly the insult you think it is LOL. Just think about it, Scott Mitchell had that crazy year in Detroit were he threw for over 4000 yards out of nowhere, then had a couple more decent seasons and was never heard from again. Kurt Warner had one so-so season (2000) sandwiched by two great seasons (1999, 2001) while playing with arguably the greatest offensive talent ever assembled, then his deal with the devil expired.

how dare you say Kurt Warner had a deal with the devil??? if that's the case, you can roll up Shaq, Kobe and Phil Jackson as people with deals with the devil also...

I remember that one good Scott Mitchell year...but I remember the bad ones also...

Back