PVAMU Football Leads SWAC, Ranks 8th In FCS In Attendance in 2017

I hope you know that's last year's report... LOL

and Im not even debating who is right or wrong here. You averaged 8400 fans.

That is not debatable.

and yes, I know that THE NEW number came from the NCAA but the NCAA obviously missed the error when PV reported it. I'm not debating that either. It's an official number but that does not change the fact that it was a mistake. If it's NOT a mistake, they need to go back and add all of the other neutral site games. BUT why do that? Neutral site games should not and CAN NOT count for home attendance. Why should JSU count our game in Memphis as a home game? That makes no sense!

Your school just so not used to nothing that you dont know how this works. The attendance leaders in this conference have been up and down this road many times. If that game was allowed, why PV never used it before?

I know why? lol

Let's hope it was either an honest mistake by PV to report it as a home game or an oversight by the NCAA not to catch the mistake. Regardless, PV should contact the NCAA to correct the mistake rather than send around fake news.

Oh cry yourself a river, shit. You contact them. Seems like you have a god awful lot of time on your hands to write a dissertation on it. lol Gott dayam jealousy is a mf’er. Has to suck.

Fall 2017 isn’t last year? Okay Mr Lacking Reading For Comprehension. :D duh.

Grambling never use it. Nobody else ever use those game. Name ANY OTHER CLASSIC that was used. Its not allowed no matter what the write-up says. PV just reported it and got away with it.

It's fake news.

S.U. has used it for years when it is our home game......Not sure the new AD has focused on it yet.....Grambling don't meet the NCAA distance rule.

PV, Congrats on being the only SWAC team in the Top 10 in attendance.

grambling, you would have been #1 overall if you had added the BC to yours.

That's what you get for skull dragging them on the football field then taking their attendance pride away! LOL

These guys and gals were exhausted by the end of the game...

23601889828_fb30929b6b_k.jpg

Is was too easy all day long...

37453594041_a6b66bb2e6_k.jpg

No double that. The rule must have changed.

Dude aint no rule changed... LOL

They slick reported a number they shouldnt have. Have they EVER reported that number before? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How many years have you all had the SFC.

Every now and then a number get erroneously added in there. GSU added the Bayou Classic in there one time and the NCAA didn't catch it. But you all have not added it since and you only added it that one year. FAMU and BCU do not use the FLorida Classic and the BAMAs dont use the MCC. How PV just gonna decide they can use the SCF?

...and WHY are you people making excuses for PV's FAKE NEWS!??? lol

Bewildered:

Dude, the numbers from this year would be reported as 2018 because the report does not come out until AFTER then National Championship game. You posted a link without even looking at the numbers. I guess that the PV education.

Go look at the numbers in the link you posted. JSU has 19000 and PV has 12000. Look before you post. ok?

As for jealousy, when it comes to attendance (and many other things), JSU has no reason to be jealous of PV. get real. the whole world knows you can't compare.

You just have a problem with being wrong. How you gonna brag about using a metric that NOBODY ELSE used.

Can someone post this rule of counting a neutral site as a home game since so many of you are experts on this rule that NOBODY uses. I the ADs and SIDs dont know about this non-exiistent rule.

"]We haven't used it in any years I can remember.

I agree! I don't think SU has ever used it. If SU had used it, our attendance averages would have been way more than 18,000 to 21,000 over the past 2 decades. Isn't the Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas more than 100 miles from the PV campus? If so, how does that work for PV? Incidentally, congrats PV on the accomplishment!

Last edited:

Bewildered:

Dude, the numbers from this year would be reported as 2018 because the report does not come out until AFTER then National Championship game. You posted a link without even looking at the numbers. I guess that the PV education.

It's for the 2017 season.....the 2018 season has not begun yet....

Can you give us some
large_b3fd6c3c-55f9-4517-8a6f-ae9beaffeb9d.jpg

To go with all the whining you're doing...
images

Po TP. Dude has been up in this thread all day on the verge of stroking out , lol. He cares more about this than we do.

No I care about the truth and you all should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing this lie to be spread around. What would the attendance of the HOME team for the MCC look like if they used that game? Im sure both of them are closer to Bham than you are to Dallas. Just admit somebody made a mistake.

have some pride and dignity.

It's for the 2017 season.....the 2018 season has not begun yet....

Can you give us some
large_b3fd6c3c-55f9-4517-8a6f-ae9beaffeb9d.jpg

To go with all the whining you're doing...
images

Open us the file that he posted and try to find the number that is posted in that STATS article. When you find it, screenshot it and post it.

Nevermind, you wont find it but you can try.

BTW, I thought you were better than this... smh

Open us the file that he posted and try to find the number that is posted in that STATS article. When you find it, screenshot it and post it.

Nevermind, you wont find it but you can try.

BTW, I thought you were better than this... smh

OK fiyah I stand corrected BUT that is still not the point. LOL We already know that the NCAA has the wrong number. PV needs to have it corrected so that it matches everyone else's reported numbers. Whether it was in the 2018 file or the 2017 file, does not negate that the number is wrong.

I was looking on page 5 and 6 and those numbers are different from what is on page 4.

All the numbers in that report are fishy. PV reported only 8446 fans according to the SWAC website.

That's probably because you haven't been monitoring it. We started dropping the ball on it after Will had his problems.

Honestly man, I dont ever recall SU using it. Back in the day when SU was packing out Mumford, that number would have sent SU thru the roof.

"]We haven't used it in any years I can remember.

I agree! I don't think SU has ever used it. If SU had used it, our attendance averages would have been way more than 18,000 to 21,000 over the past 2 decades. Isn't the Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas more than 100 miles from the PV campus? If so, how does that work for PV? Incidentally, congrats PV on the accomplishment!

Not true.....Marino Casem started using the BC when we were the home team and we didn't stop taking advantage of it until we started having AD issues.....Really, this isn't the first time we've had discussions on the board about 2nd designation homes for attendance purposes.

Not true.....Marino Casem started using the BC when we were the home team and we didn't stop taking advantage of it until we started having AD issues.....Really, this isn't the first time we've had discussions on the board about 2nd designation homes for attendance purposes.

Right it's not the first time. MOST of the time, the discussion is WHY we dont count our neutral site games...LOL and you had to go all the way to the 80s and Casem? 30 years ago? I want to see in the last 10-15 years where SU used the BC. I know GSU used it ONCE and it was in error just like PV using the SFC. I dont even know why we debating this. Dallas is no more of a home game for PV than Memphis is for JSU.

Home attendance is simple. It's games hosted at your home stadium. The ONLY team I see not using that rule is TNState because they do have two home fields that they use. No other team is in their situation. They control the game day operations of those games, unlike a classic.

Back