PVAMU Football Leads SWAC, Ranks 8th In FCS In Attendance in 2017

PV-PRIDE

http://pvpanthers.com/news/2018/2/8...m=2&memberID=60908ba16d68fdb90892de5e8bbd8cad

Prairie View A&M University football led the Southwestern Athletic Conference and ranked eighth in attendance nationally in the Football College Subdivision (FCS), according to numbers released Thursday by the NCAA.

In 2017, the Panthers averaged 17,803 for five home dates, including the State Fair Classic in which Prairie View A&M was the home team last season. The NCAA counts neutral site attendance in matchups of FCS vs. FCS teams.

Among HBCUs, only Florida A&M (19,048 avg., four games) had a higher attendance.

Montana led the FCS in attendance (23,535 avg., six), followed by James Madison (21,724, nine), Florida A&M, and Yale (18,940, five).

No, you only count your home stadium. The NCAA knows that.

So why did they report this? In 2017, the Panthers averaged 17,803 for five home dates, including the State Fair Classic in which Prairie View A&M was the home team last season. The NCAA counts neutral site attendance in matchups of FCS vs. FCS teams.

So why did they report this? In 2017, the Panthers averaged 17,803 for five home dates, including the State Fair Classic in which Prairie View A&M was the home team last season. The NCAA counts neutral site attendance in matchups of FCS vs. FCS teams.

Is that an official NCAA report? I don't think so. That's pretty much a fan site.

LOL you got all these big games that dont get counted ie Bayou, Magic City, Southern Heritage, Circle City, Florida Classic... but PV gets the State Fair? lol

Boy if that aint some fake news. If PV had any pride, their SID would email the NCAA and correct the mistake... but...

It's an official NCAA report.

where does it say that? REGARDLESS, they didnt check. PV simply reported it the wrong way and they put it in there.

A simple e-mail would correct this.

I mean, you all should be embarrassed to even let this ride. If FAMU, JSU, SU, GSU counted our neutral site games, PV wouldn't be first. Those games are NOT allowed to be counted. Never have been. The NCAA has a SEPARATE column for neutral site games on the attendance sheet.

I would hope your alumni is not spreading this fake news.

where does it say that? REGARDLESS, they didnt check. PV simply reported it the wrong way and they put it in there.

A simple e-mail would correct this.

I mean, you all should be embarrassed to even let this ride. If FAMU, JSU, SU, GSU counted our neutral site games, PV wouldn't be first. Those games are NOT allowed to be counted. Never have been. The NCAA has a SEPARATE column for neutral site games on the attendance sheet.

I would hope your alumni is not spreading this fake news.

you sound mad

Stats is a "fan" site primarily to promote FCS football. From their website:

Welcome to STATS FCS Football!
On the heels of its acquisition of The Sports Network in February 2015, STATS made a commitment to bolster its FCS coverage, including the creation of a direct-to-consumer news site and an end-of-season awards show to honor past and present performers of FCS football.

About STATS
STATS is the world's leading sports technology, data and content company. Our mission is to revolutionize the way sports contests are viewed, understood, played and enjoyed. STATS provides real-time scores, historical sports information, Associated Press editorial content, a turnkey fantasy sports operation, brand activation solutions and SportVU technology. STATS is headquartered in Chicago, with offices globally. Learn more at www.stats.com.

ncaa.org is fake news? #truth

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf

mississippi jealousy and hatred: “dis kan’t b kowwect.” lol

I hope you know that's last year's report... LOL

and Im not even debating who is right or wrong here. You averaged 8400 fans.

That is not debatable.

and yes, I know that THE NEW number came from the NCAA but the NCAA obviously missed the error when PV reported it. I'm not debating that either. It's an official number but that does not change the fact that it was a mistake. If it's NOT a mistake, they need to go back and add all of the other neutral site games. BUT why do that? Neutral site games should not and CAN NOT count for home attendance. Why should JSU count our game in Memphis as a home game? That makes no sense!

Your school just so not used to nothing that you dont know how this works. The attendance leaders in this conference have been up and down this road many times. If that game was allowed, why PV never used it before?

I know why? lol

Let's hope it was either an honest mistake by PV to report it as a home game or an oversight by the NCAA not to catch the mistake. Regardless, PV should contact the NCAA to correct the mistake rather than send around fake news.

Back