PV walks off Baseball Diamond?????

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Taylor-Made'90 said:
I just hope the statement about McNeese not scheduling anymore SWAC teams (for several years) is not factual....

But if it is, then whatever.....
They took SU's baseball team off of the schedule after we whopped them a couple of times anyway.:lol:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
They took SU's baseball team off of the schedule after we whopped them a couple of times anyway.:lol:

Astute observation........... :lol: :emlaugh:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:

Yep but you won't hear them talk about that. :lmao:

This is the 2nd time in 3 years PV and McNeese has had bench clearing brawls. This is also the 2nd time in 2 seasons PV has walked off the field (even though the circumstances are extremely different). Coach Rob has made PV a strong SWAC team, but his tactics need questioning.

I was there. The white guy called our guy a "monkey nig***." Period. :|

:argue2:

Great sportsmanship max-niece. :rolleyes:

Well McNesse is not the kind of team you want toplay on their field if you are not white. The B.S that happended this year happened last year and I blame the coach for putting his players into that type of environment. The pics don't really tell you Mcnesses side of the story, thats for sure. Because I know Pv's trainer and he is a very ethical and moral citizen and wouldn't do anything to jepordize him or his athletic department. I talked to him over the phone and he had this to say "I was simply protecting my players, I was not in any shape form or fashion trying to cause or provoke any trouble, I was simply talking to the umpire, because he had just thrown out Coach Robinson and he I was trying to tel blue to get Mcnesses back because they were gettign to ready to charge out of the dugout" I think for the mosy part, PV wil open the flood gates on southern this weekend and prove to everybody that they are the team to beat in the SWAC.

Panthro said:

I call bull**** on that!

The batter told our catcher that he was going to kick his ass if the pitcher hit him. The catcher replied, "What? You guys haven't kicked anybodies ass all weekend" And that is what happened at home plate.

Doc

SONY2000 said:
he I was trying to tel blue to get Mcnesses back because they were gettign to ready to charge out of the dugout"

And this was after PV had already come out of the dugout? PV came out first. I was there. I was taking the pictures right behind homeplate. The umpires and the coaches on both teams did a good job keeping the players separated.

Doc

SONY2000 said:
Well McNesse is not the kind of team you want toplay on their field if you are not white. The B.S that happended this year happened last year and I blame the coach for putting his players into that type of environment. The pics don't really tell you Mcnesses side of the story, thats for sure. Because I know Pv's trainer and he is a very ethical and moral citizen and wouldn't do anything to jepordize him or his athletic department. I talked to him over the phone and he had this to say "I was simply protecting my players, I was not in any shape form or fashion trying to cause or provoke any trouble, I was simply talking to the umpire, because he had just thrown out Coach Robinson and he I was trying to tel blue to get Mcnesses back because they were gettign to ready to charge out of the dugout" I think for the mosy part, PV wil open the flood gates on southern this weekend and prove to everybody that they are the team to beat in the SWAC.

At no point in time should the trainer had been on the field none in that pic he's arguing with the umpire I am not saying Pv was in the wrong at all but PV has coaches if the Head coach is toossed. In that case in one of Pv fans should have been able to come on the field and argued the call

Panthro said:

Wow! 70's flashback of south louisiana baseball. If it were anybody other then you or Jafus to say this I wouldn't have believe it. Wow!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bluedog said:
Wow! 70's flashback of south louisiana baseball. If it were anybody other then you or Jafus to say this I wouldn't have believe it. Wow!

LOL! Hold up blue! Pump your brakes mane! lol

Let me state that I was being sarcastic up there ^^. That's the type of response I was actually anticipating to listen to considering how it went down last year. :)

I wasn't in attendance (seriously). I believe that it's more to it than what McN75 said. I'm sure he didn't hear every single thing unless he has bionic ears or something. I'm not querying any of our players for the truth either. In this regard, I'm trusting their judgement.

We had a reason for playing McN. Hopefully that was accomplished and hopefully this series will be fully evaluated in the future. :|

Panthro said:
LOL! Hold up blue! Pump your brakes mane! lol

Let me state that I was being sarcastic up there ^^. That's the type of response I was actually anticipating to listen to considering how it went down last year. :)

I wasn't in attendance (seriously). I believe that it's more to it than what McN75 said. I'm sure he didn't hear every single thing unless he has bionic ears or something. I'm not querying any of our players for the truth either. In this regard, I'm trusting their judgement.

We had a reason for playing McN. Hopefully that was accomplished and hopefully this series will be fully evaluated in the future. :|

Your old messy azz:lmao: :lmao:

I was actually thinking that even if the player had said that, you have to keep your composure. I know that's hard to do "if/when" that term or similar are used. But realistically, baseball is very easy to retaliate against someone. If it was a hard tag and elbows, the way to handle that is to slide back into first base with cleats on the first baseman's ankle. Sounds really bad or poor sportsmanship but that's how we handled it growing up.

But I gotta give it up for the McNeese catcher's comeback..."yall ain't whupped nobodies azz all weekend".:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MikeBigg said:
Your old messy azz:lmao: :lmao:

If it was a hard tag and elbows, the way to handle that is to slide back into first base with cleats on the first baseman's ankle. Sounds really bad or poor sportsmanship but that's how we handled it growing up.
What happened to the real hard baseball players?

Panthro said:

:|

Not saying I have bionic ears. I heard that directly from our head coach about 10 minutes after it happened. That is what he said that the catcher told him.

A lot of it went back to the 8th inning of the first game. With PV behind 21-7, the first batter got on and stole second. The guy at the plate got plunked by the next pitch and PV thought he was thrown at because they were still trying to run being that far behind. I don't know if he was thrown at on purpose or not, but I seriously doubt it. But if he was, that is baseball.

Doc

Somehow, I get the notion that PV players don't care too much for McN and prolly vice-versa.

We prolly need to settle this grudge on the gridiron and in the stands w/ fans. :emlaugh:

McNeese72 said:
Not saying I have bionic ears. I heard that directly from our head coach about 10 minutes after it happened. That is what he said that the catcher told him.

A lot of it went back to the 8th inning of the first game. With PV behind 21-7, the first batter got on and stole second. The guy at the plate got plunked by the next pitch and PV thought he was thrown at because they were still trying to run being that far behind. I don't know if he was thrown at on purpose or not, but I seriously doubt it. But if he was, that is baseball.

Doc

That deosnt make sense what you just said PV was behind 21-7 in the 8th one of Pv players tried to steal a base what's wrong with that I could have understood if PV was up and was stealing then yes the batter has to go down but your reasoning isn't making much sense...and also the catcher can come over there and say anything, being a coach a player is going to do and say anything to be innocent do you really believe if the catcher said something racist he would have went back to his coach and told him come on don't be that crazy

Panthro said:
Somehow, I get the notion that PV players don't care too much for McN and prolly vice-versa.

We prolly need to settle this grudge on the gridiron and in the stands w/ fans. :emlaugh:

Well you know what happened (scorewise) the last two times we did that with PV. :winkgrin:

JSU2DEC said:
That deosnt make sense what you just said PV was behind 21-7 in the 8th one of Pv players tried to steal a base what's wrong with that I could have understood if PV was up and was stealing then yes the batter has to go down but your reasoning isn't making much sense...and also the catcher can come over there and say anything, being a coach a player is going to do and say anything to be innocent do you really believe if the catcher said something racist he would have went back to his coach and told him come on don't be that crazy

Well, PV thought the reliever was throwing at the batter. I don't really think he was when we were up by two touchdowns.

And, I really believe the catcher said what he said he did. The ump was right there and I believe if he had said anything racist the ump would have tossed him.

Doc

On the serious tip............ I am very disappointed that the entire episode happened. It would be nice if all of this mess can be put in both school's rear view mirror. I hate to see this mess blown all out of proportion. Calm heads on both sides need to prevail. Further, this foolishness about not competing with one another conference members need to cease. All of this covert racial stuff need to stop.........

I blame Ralph for all of this........ :lol: :emlaugh:

I agree, time to put this one behind us.

As far as not playing SWAC teams, I can see not playing PV anytime in the near future, but I wouldn't rule out any of the other SWAC teams.

The statement made about not playing SWAC teams was made by our little manager not by the coaching staff. Probably a little overreaction.

I hope to have my pictures of the two games online later tonight. Then I'm done with it.

Doc

Back