PV walks off Baseball Diamond?????

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
From BCB

SWAC-Analyst said:
Radio guys make statement Coach Rob doesn't know how to argue says he takes too long, just as the words come out of his mouth homeplate ump throws out Coach Rob. Now the benches are cleared as there are words between PVU player and McNesse player. Benches cleared last year as well, now the umpires call the game 5-0 McNesse wins Game 2 in 5 innings. Cowboys won game 1 earlier 12-3. Don't think these two teams will play again next year.

If that 2nd game was in the top of the 5th inning and the game was call, it is not a official game since you must complete 5 innings for the game to be official.

Fiyah said:
From BCB

If that 2nd game was in the top of the 5th inning and the game was call, it is not a official game since you must complete 5 innings for the game to be official.

Who cares about whether they will could it a win or not? I want to hear PV side of what happen.

Fiyah said:
What part of

don't you understand?

End of story!

It was in the top of the sixth, so it was a complete game. And Prairie View chose not to continue. The Umps didn't call the game.

I was there, I took the pictures.

I guess after you get beat 21-7 and 13-2, you tend to get a little irritable.

Doc

2nd game was in the top of the 6th, so it just reverted back to the end of the 5th and is an official game. The official wording was, "Game called after 5 innings due to Prairie View refusing to take the field." The batter tried bunting the ball, and hit it twice with his bat, so he is out. The coach comes and argues the call and ends up getting tossed, and Johnson seems to refuse to accept that he is out and just stays there, even when #26 came up to bat, he wasn't in the dugout where he was supposed to be, he was near the backstop behind home plate. #26 starting saying something to the umpire and then to the catcher, so the catcher got in his face. This is when the whole clearing of the benches happened. There is more to the story but, that is all that needs to be said, because the rest won't make Prarie View look any better. I am a McNeese fan by the way, if that matters to anybody.

McNeese72 said:
It was in the top of the sixth, so it was a complete game. And Prairie View chose not to continue. The Umps didn't call the game.

Doc

Thanks for clearing up about the inning of the game

Home plate umpire Brad Myers called the game after the Prairie View coach was tossed out of the game for arguing a call

bluedog said:
Why couldn't you simply say you didn't know? :rolleyes:

I said what I said because it was stated that they won in 5 innings and since they were the home team and PV was still at bat, it could be presumed that it was the top of the 5th. Since that was posted, it was clarified that it was the top of the 6th inning and giving a 5th inning final.

Fiyah said:
I said what I said because it was stated that they won in 5 innings and since they were the home team and PV was still at bat, it could be presumed that it was the top of the 5th. Since that was posted, it was clarified that it was the top of the 6th inning and giving a 5th inning final.

Fiyah.........why do y'all country boys always want to fight someone?........1st it was your thuggish band with S.U.; then your encounter with Gram and now this "hot mess." What is wrong with you people?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JROCK said:
Fiyah.........why do y'all country boys always want to fight someone?........1st it was your thuggish band with S.U.; then your encounter with Gram and now this "hot mess." What is wrong with you people?

Don't even take it there. SU has had MORE than their share, just as many others have. Let's stick with what actually happened with THIS incident and not throw stones about other incidents.

the band fan said:
McNeese did nothing....their base coaches carry on like players :rolleyes:

What do you mean by that?

Our firstbase coach (former LSU player Blair Barbier) did get on to the PV firstbaseman because the hard tags and elbows that he kept using while applying tags on pick off plays. And it was that same firstbaseman that was the batter that mouthed off to our catcher that triggered the near brawl.

Doc

I just hope the statement about McNeese not scheduling anymore SWAC teams (for several years) is not factual....

But if it is, then whatever.....

Taylor-Made'90 said:
I just hope the statement about McNeese not scheduling anymore SWAC teams (for several years) is not factual....

But if it is, then whatever.....

It certainly is a narrow minded approach..........but stranger things have happen.......

Not trying to offend anyone but who really cares if McNeese schedule another SWAC school? It's not like they can give you 80k and it sure as heck doesn't help anything in the Ncaa Tournament pairings.

Back