PV fan attendance at Labor Day Classic was dismal

I am a TSU alumnist and the earth wind and fire excuse floored me.
It was not an excuse. I was merely establishing the fact that sTu is not the only show in town. I know of two sTu alums who went to the concert but that was their choice. Those two not attending the game had no bearing on the final numbers.

The parking wasn't an issue for me, I parked in the theatre district garage and rode the train for free right to the front of the stadium
Tonight Show Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

For future reference where in the theatre district and was your vehicle safe?
yes, it was in a garage and when I got back the garage was all locked up with a guard who let me back in. I think it was 811 Main parking garage. I just remember the train stop was in front of the parking garage and it was right at the beginning of the train line, took about 10 minutes to get to the stadium

Folks, what's the big deal? We had over 18K at the game.

Everyone knows PV fans don't even attend their own home games. Just ask PV seniors at the Valley game for Senior Day.
*queue up the pic of my raggedy old assed standing lonely along w/ 746 other folk in that drizzling rain* :(

Lawd... I pay a lot of purpngol folk no attention; especially my homefolk who do not attend any game except HC'ing. smh 👎🏿

Last edited:
yes, it was in a garage and when I got back the garage was all locked up with a guard who let me back in. I think it was 811 Main parking garage. I just remember the train stop was in front of the parking garage and it was right at the beginning of the train line, took about 10 minutes to get to the stadium
Good to know. How much was the garage parking?

Everyone knows PV fans don't even attend their own home games. Just ask PV seniors at the Valley game for Senior Day.
I just felt like entertaining dumb crap since we did not win. I needed a release.

folks act like Astros and Yankees was scheduled last week - you budget for it way in advance - the World Series was played the same night as tsu-jsu and folks showed

This young generation (not students) ain't bought in across the board - they'll spend $500 on shoes we bought for $80, money of t-shirts you can buy from a thrift store, overrated weekend brunches, $100 turkey leg but complain about a $20 ticket where we see how it benefits folks
You know most Black folk do not buy tickets until the last minute. I saw people on social media asking where they could get tickets two days before the game.

I totally agree with your last statement.

It is one of your people that started this thread, we not complaining about it at all.
I parked in palm center park n ride free. A little longer distance but rail doesn't stop for traffic. pleasant experience.

I was told that place was not a safe place to leave your vehicle and it's also on the wrong side from where I was coming from.

I wanted to add the University of Houston (almost 50K students and huge local alumni base) vs Rice University (8K students and big local alumni base) together drew 23K for the Bayou Cup last night so the 18K we drew for the LDC ain't that bad in comparison. I keep forgetting Houston area college sport fans are pretty fair-weather ... unless their team is like #1 or it's a really big game

Back