Props to SU!!!

Great Job S.U. You made us alumni proud!
Everyone in my building is talking about that performance including the LSU faithful who can't believe S.U. had Duke on the ropes

This is what it is all about; we clown one another and fight during the season, but when one of our schools step out of the conference; we all are represented...Thanks for the support last night!

:topic: Can anyone tell me if we found someone to replace that VSU game on Sept 23?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wish I could have seen it, they showed Indiana in this region. They did a cut-in early in the game when SU was up 10-8 and the team looked good and, most importantly, well-coached.

And that's the key. If we can get good coaching and demonstrate that our teams are well-coached in out of conference play, then the SWAC can get higher seeding in the tourney, as well as attract more talent.

Good Job, SU. And according to the written reports I read, the band (and cheerleaders) showed out also - but that was expected.

Regards.

College Gameday said:
:topic: Can anyone tell me if we found someone to replace that VSU game on Sept 23?

Sup chapter bro?

Check your e-mail...

Can somebody explain this to me. If Duke is the overall #1 seed, why did SU have to play them. You would think the winner of the "Play In" game would have to face Duke.

RAWRAY FROM J-STATE said:
Can somebody explain this to me. If Duke is the overall #1 seed, why did SU have to play them. You would think the winner of the "Play In" game would have to face Duke.

That is true.

Robber said:
Them Jags came to play last night and really made an excellent account of themselves against Duke. Y'all shoulda seen me screaming and cheering. Even though it didn't work out in the end, the Jags showed that they could compete with the big boys (I think any other SWAC school woulda gotten blasted in the 1st half).

For one night, I was a Jag. And I was PROUD!!!

Way to go, SU.

I was so pissed at Duke... they acted like they had never played against a 16 seed with talent. I mean they actually let these guys from SU hand them their azz. I was so disappointed that SU never quit... they played with pride and poise the entire game. What the hell was wrong with then... didn't they know the refs weren't gonna give them any calls. Why the hell did they play so hard.

And who the hell does this Spivery dude think he is... He had the nerve to come into this game and actually coach his azz off. How dare he know when to change his defense at just the right time to offset what Coach K was doing? Man if he keeps that isht up, he'll fool around have folk talking about the game on the BR radio talk show.

Dayum jags really had me worried...all that lucky play had me worried that yall were gonna maybe pull the upset. Man, it would have been hard living in BR the rest of the year.

Good game jags...:bowdown:

Robber said:
Them Jags came to play last night and really made an excellent account of themselves against Duke. Y'all shoulda seen me screaming and cheering. Even though it didn't work out in the end, the Jags showed that they could compete with the big boys (I think any other SWAC school woulda gotten blasted in the 1st half).

Way to go, SU.

Exactly what I said about them. It would have been a much better total game if they would of hit some shots they normally made.

Yeah, interesting.

Have you noticed they never put the MEAC against the SWAC in the play-in game. Wonder why???? ;)

Normally the winner of the play-in game faces the overall #1 seed. But they didn't want the winner of the play-in game to play on Tuesday and again on Thursday, so the winner defaulted to a #1 seed that played on Friday.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good game Jags... :nod2:

Since the folks in here think I'm the resident HBCU expert, I had to remind them of some of SU's athletics history. A couple did recall that my nephew is a Southern alum but couldn't remember where it was located...:shame:

SU is the talk of the town on BR sports talk even more than SU. They all said they were very proud of the way that SU played last night. And believe it or not they were complaining how the refs were calling the game onesided and calling tick tack fouls on SU.

Robber said:

Way to go, SU.

(I think any other swac school woulda gotten blasted in the 1st half). Now stop being negative toward other SWAC schools. I was a JAG fan eventhough I did not watch the game but I give props out to SU. It seems like the white media stated that Duke had a bad game because they did not want to give any credit to SU. They have a way to favor Duke or be on their side or to hold their balls. I really think it helped the SWAC and you can throw all of those Sagarin rankings in the trash can. Thats from a white perspective because a lot of them have never attended a SWAC game. Other schools in the SWAC in the past have played okay in the tournament. Its not about getting blown out its being competitive and thats what SU accomplished yesterday. Finally, its all about recruiting and if the SWAC is going to compete with D1 schools more Junior College recruits are going to be needed in the conference. Many black high school kids are brain washed into going to those D1 schools.

Big Ed,
sports

Good job SU you did what no other SWAC school could have, represent the SWAC well aginst the number One seed!!.

uapbpower said:
Finally, its all about recruiting and if the SWAC is going to compete with D1 schools more Junior College recruits are going to be needed in the conference.

This is where it becomes crucial for SU. Spivery won't have to go too far to get good guards thanks to SU's location and proximity to other out-of-state hotbeds. Also, the BR area itself is chock full of backcourt guys....one of the keys is also getting a center that can score and defend in the post.

I only see things moving up

:topic: We also, as a conference, need to schedule better. Southern's 16th seed is more tied into the conference as a whole than SU's performance this season. If we can schedule better and get some wins against other mid-majors...we can, over time, get out of the 16th seed spot and possibly get some at-large bids in the SWAC. It will take time and commitment.

Journalist said:
This is where it becomes crucial for SU. Spivery won't have to go too far to get good guards thanks to SU's location and proximity to other out-of-state hotbeds. Also, the BR area itself is chock full of backcourt guys....one of the keys is also getting a center that can score and defend in the post.

I only see things moving up

:topic: We also, as a conference, need to schedule better. Southern's 16th seed is more tied into the conference as a whole than SU's performance this season. If we can schedule better and get some wins against other mid-majors...we can, over time, get out of the 16th seed spot and possibly get some at-large bids in the SWAC. It will take time and commitment.

We need to schedule more southland conference schools, and get the Bucknell's, and the Northern Iowa's to also come into our territory!

The major schools are killing us we need to schedule atleast 2 major schools and like 6 midmajor schools.

Su'sdrummerboi said:
We need to schedule more southland conference schools, and get the Bucknell's, and the Northern Iowa's to also come into our territory!

The major schools are killing us we need to schedule atleast 2 major schools and like 6 midmajor schools.

we can schedule major conference schools but you have some sense about it. don't schedule tx, schedule nebraska. forget florida, get some ole miss in ya life. memphis? na, lets try usm or central florida. if you can start knocking off their scrubs you can drag their league down while pulling ours up.

Back