Position Battles for 2015 Fall Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oh I believe you. He's got a lot of potential. I just need to see more than a hs tape and a few spring practices

I just hope ya'll can keep him healthy. His injures really effected his FCS and FBS offers.

We shall see what happens. Until then, enjoy this heated QB battle up there in the hills. Ya'll are a couple of years overdue for a QB that can move the offense past the goal line on a consistent basis.

I just hope ya'll can keep him healthy. His injures really effected his FCS and FBS offers.

We shall see what happens. Until then, enjoy this heated QB battle up there in the hills. Ya'll are a couple of years overdue for a QB that can move the offense past the goal line on a consistent basis.

we had that 3 years ago in deaunte mason who is supposed to have at least 1 SCG title

If A&M sorts its QB situation out they will challenge in the east. They still had an outside shot at making the title game last year until we beat them.

GSU will have some hella DB and secondary battles. A certain corner for GSU made every SU receiver look like Jerry Rice.

GSU will have some hella DB and secondary battles. A certain corner for GSU made every SU receiver look like Jerry Rice.
Don't blame the players. The coach continuely put the DB's in bad situations. GSU tried to play SU's WR's zero cover lmao. But he really didn't have a choice because GSU was forced to crowd the line as yall couldn't stop the run either lol.

That Boy Willie Quinn is an animal though. That's SU's biggest offensive threat.

If Wolverine Quinn was 5-11, he'd play on Sundays

But with Randall Menard coming off a season-ending foot injury in the UL-Lafayette game, the question for Southern's WRs is where you're going to put Quinn. Do you line him up in the slot and leave Justin Morgan on the outside? Do you leave him outside and have Morgan in the slot?

Willie's a special talent. However, I think how he's used will first be determined by how healthy Menard is. If Menard's healthy, then that frees us up offensively to move Willie around more. If Menard's not healthy, who do you line up in Menard's spot in the offense?

Man that was pure luck how we won that game against y'all. I was cursing so much at our defense. lol
If Wolverine Quinn was 5-11, he'd play on Sundays

But with Randall Menard coming off a season-ending foot injury in the UL-Lafayette game, the question for Southern's WRs is where you're going to put Quinn. Do you line him up in the slot and leave Justin Morgan on the outside? Do you leave him outside and have Morgan in the slot?

Willie's a special talent. However, I think how he's used will first be determined by how healthy Menard is. If Menard's healthy, then that frees us up offensively to move Willie around more. If Menard's not healthy, who do you line up in Menard's spot in the offense?
Mike Jones u could line him up behind Menard

Mike Jones u could line him up behind Menard

That's true, but I like Mike Jones in the slot against a defense's third DB. I know he's faster than pretty much every other DB around...but Mike's a fasho mismatch for the 3rd corner/nickel corner. Under Germany/Worm ... a bigger WR like Chuck might rise into Menard's spot because bigger WRs usually manned that spot in Germany's offense.

On Defense, I liked the energy Aaron Tiller brought in that DE rotation as a true freshman. I want to see whether we can have bookend rush ends that can get after the QB. We might not see any true freshmen in the secondary like we did with Danny Johnson and Bryan Anderson, but I think the newcomers might push for that corner spot opposite of Danny and the other safety spot.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's true, but I like Mike Jones in the slot against a defense's third DB. I know he's faster than pretty much every other DB around...but Mike's a fasho mismatch for the 3rd corner/nickel corner. Under Germany/Worm ... a bigger WR like Chuck might rise into Menard's spot because bigger WRs usually manned that spot in Germany's offense.

On Defense, I liked the energy Aaron Tiller brought in that DE rotation as a true freshman. I want to see whether we can have bookend rush ends that can get after the QB. We might not see any true freshmen in the secondary like we did with Danny Johnson and Bryan Anderson, but I think the newcomers might push for that corner spot opposite of Danny and the other safety spot.
Dang we got a loaded team i just hope we can stay healthy. O yea watch out for this transfer we have at receiver named Kelvin Woods his a beast!! Check out his highlights!

That dude Tillery the Artillery was a load for us when we played SU last year

As much as us Southern folk talk about Howard and the WRs and all of that ... I maintain that the team offensively goes as Lenard Tillery goes. Howard would not have had the year he had if Tillery wasn't toting the rock the way he did last season.

Dang we got a loaded team i just hope we can stay healthy. O yea watch out for this transfer we have at receiver named Kelvin Woods his a beast!! Check out his highlights!

Real talk, the shenanigans of last season were a blessing in disguise for Southern. A lot of young players (mainly defensively) came in and got serious PT while the school sorted out the details on the academic side. So this year, the team is still relatively young but is more experienced than last year's team.

We do get a couple of guys back from the foolishness last season along with returning players that got serious PT, but we also lose some key guys on the O-line. So the O-line, IMO, is the key area of concern.

As much as us Southern folk talk about Howard and the WRs and all of that ... I maintain that the team offensively goes as Lenard Tillery goes. Howard would not have had the year he had if Tillery wasn't toting the rock the way he did last season.

Real talk, the shenanigans of last season were a blessing in disguise for Southern. A lot of young players (mainly defensively) came in and got serious PT while the school sorted out the details on the academic side. So this year, the team is still relatively young but is more experienced than last year's team.

We do get a couple of guys back from the foolishness last season along with returning players that got serious PT, but we also lose some key guys on the O-line. So the O-line, IMO, is the key area of concern.
Doc i have question about our rbs? Do u think Trye Bracken is a better back than Tillery? I know Tillery has the numbers but Trye is so explosive plus he was the starter in pre season last year.

For us it's going to be interesting to see if we go with a 2-back system with Johnta' Hebert and Courtney Brown or just alternate series....

For us it's going to be interesting to see if we go with a 2-back system with Johnta' Hebert and Courtney Brown or just alternate series....

How healthy is Brown? I think his injury was a lot more impactful on the SWAC race than folk will let on.

How healthy is Brown? I think his injury was a lot more impactful on the SWAC race than folk will let on.

He's back! Going to be interesting to see if he can come out of Fall camp healthy considering he hasn't been in helmet/pads since Spring 2014.

Our backfield will have a tough time getting a 1,000 yard rusher because that is one crowded backfield, oh nevermind I forgot we don't have anything according to some SWAC sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back