Official "ATLANTA" Thread

Ok man who watched this last night!!! LMAO!!!!

I was dying!!! Dude who wanted to be trans-racial. Then when the rapper and white lady started agreeing. I have gotten my mom hooked on this show. Then when the trans-racial dude was being interviewed abut transgender people and agreed with the rapper.

Ok man who watched this last night!!! LMAO!!!!

I was dying!!! Dude who wanted to be trans-racial. Then when the rapper and white lady started agreeing. I have gotten my mom hooked on this show. Then when the trans-racial dude was being interviewed abut transgender people and agreed with the rapper.
That whole episode had me weak! Especially dude trying to be trans-racial and how he was acting the whole episode.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...l-identity-in-most-ambitious-episode-yet.html

Donald Glover’s ‘Atlanta’ Skewers Transracial Identity in Most Ambitious Episode Yet

We quickly learn that Paper Boi is there for damage control after he sent some tweets about “not wanting to fuck” Caitlyn Jenner. Confronted about his “transphobia” by both the host and his other guest, Center for Trans-American Issues head Dr. Deborah Holt, Paper Boi replies, “I just don’t have to have sex with Caitlyn Jenner because you say so.” He doesn’t “dislike” transgender people, he says. In fact, he just found out they exist.

When he told the cops "Yes he did it, he doesn't even live in the neighborhood." Even the cops were looking at him like WTF????
kJViytF.gif

It was not the transgender story that got me on this episode. It was the commercials! I mean..I would not have thought anything until I saw the swisher sweets commercial. That's when I had that "what was that moment?" Then I thought back to the beer then Dodge commercials and was like ok...LOL! Subliminal messaging going on here...

ATL is definitely a breath of fresh air from all of the other shows.You rarely see that "quirkiness" kind of humor from a Black perspective in TV or Film or I can't think of too many like that. Maybe the movie "Dope" or "Black Jesus" comes to mind. Love it though...

Last edited:
Lol, can't forget about all those random commercials through the episode too
I think that was a gimmick, I was watching the real commercials, because I wasn't sure when one of the fake ones would pop up. Talking about commercials I like the cereal one, I really wanted to see what the kids were going to do.

It was not the transgender story that got me on this episode. It was the commercials! I mean..I would not have thought anything until I saw the swisher sweets commercial. That's when I had that "what was that moment?" Then I thought back to the beer then Dodge commercials and was like ok...LOL! Subliminal messaging going on here...

ATL is definitely a breath of fresh air from all of the other shows.You rarely see that "quirkiness" kind of humor from a Black perspective in TV or Film or I can't think of too many like that. Maybe the movie "Dope" or "Black Jesus" comes to mind. Love it though...
Speaking of commercials again, do they still make Mickeys? I remember drinking that way back in the day. But I like how they tried to make it upscale!
This was one of the funnier episodes.

Speaking of commercials again, do they still make Mickeys? I remember drinking that way back in the day. But I like how they tried to make it upscale!

Man that was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fine Malt Liquor!!!! LMAO!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Lol, can't forget about all those random commercials through the episode too

I had to rewind and then I figured out those were part of the show.

Man, Mickeys use to be one of our drinks when we took our band trips. Had them little bottles popping.

I had to rewind and then I figured out those were part of the show.

Man, Mickeys use to be one of our drinks when we took our band trips. Had them little bottles popping.

That Mickeys one took me back as well. I held a party for our high school graduation and told a partna of mine I would kill 6 of those small Mickeys before the night was over. I pulled it off and Mickey took me out. Party started good at 7pm and I last remember it being 11:45pm. I was told the party did not end until 3am. Woke up and it was 11:45am. SMH the days of being young and foolish. Funny as hell when you look back

Yes they still make it. I bought some on Jordan ln last year. Lol Had a flash back. Lol

"I hate the club" LOL!!!

But that's real club hits though! Chicks do that, dudes trying to be "down" do that, club owners do that!

I love this show!

Yeah, the invisible car running folks over trying to leave the scene of the crime......

had me rolling.....

Dude, when Paperboi slapped ole boy with the money and was walking away his boy tells him "you got the juice now!" Classic! I was down. Then came the car....my side is still hurting.

Back