NIL Deals for College Players

I wonder if the SWAC front office will work with their corporate sponsors to help assist the conference's top players in all sponsored sports to ink NIL deals?

I saw someone mention this on Twitter and I would love to see it happen. Imagine if schools could set up deals with former players to sell their jerseys and allowing them to get a cut

Of course I know this would benefit the P5 schools more but I would think that an Al Ford, Bobby Phils (estate), Doug Williams, Kincade, etc. jersey would sell pretty well

COURTESY: JSU ATHLETICS​

Michael Strahan and Deion Sanders are teaming up again to benefit Jackson State student-athletes.
SMAC Entertainment, the multi-dimensional talent management, music, branding, sponsorship, business incubator and production company co-founded by Michael Strahan and Constance Schwartz-Morini, has announced it has received student-athlete marketing commitments from WorkForce Software, Simply Crowns, and Madison Healthplex Performance.

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/07/01/michael-strahan-helping-deion-sanders-players-get-nil-deals/

COURTESY: JSU ATHLETICS​

Michael Strahan and Deion Sanders are teaming up again to benefit Jackson State student-athletes.
SMAC Entertainment, the multi-dimensional talent management, music, branding, sponsorship, business incubator and production company co-founded by Michael Strahan and Constance Schwartz-Morini, has announced it has received student-athlete marketing commitments from WorkForce Software, Simply Crowns, and Madison Healthplex Performance.

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/07/01/michael-strahan-helping-deion-sanders-players-get-nil-deals/
Damn Texas Southern

What I’m hoping is we’ll see more of our athletes forming teams of their friends in college instead of waiting until they turn pro and getting with a buncha whites. Like Lebron did even tho he skipped college.

One issue-you have to have someone willing to PAY.

Lets take a college sports game-EASport nor 2K are going to want to cut checks to SWAC, MEAC and other conferences players. I mean 2K is so cheap a LOT of NBA players are left off that game over payments.

Even if you can get far more riding the bench at Bama, you can't get to the league as a 4th stringer who has sat on the bench for 2-3 years.
Check the last NFL draft-we had players from no name schools get drafted. A few who had not played since 2019.

That 4th stringer is still going to get looked at.

The Great Migration back to HBCUs is about to begin! No one can do it like us. Plus these NIL deals will eventually shed light on what's really going on in these P5 programs!

How? This just put MORE pressure on the basketball (and maybe football) teams to WIN and do more than win the first in play in game.

This is going to hurt some schools. Think about Detroit Mercy and Chicago State and Depaul. PV, Grambling, Southern and others will be fine but how does this help Cookman? Schools that have nothing around them?

How does this help the kid that is NOT projected to be a draft pick?

Bruh, seriously, y'all on the outside looking in. We have a LOT of disarray in the athletic department @ PVAMU.

PV won the commish cup because it offers every single sport, what, 18, right? And placed well. Also, we live to beat the living shit out of Southern University in every sport so... mission accomplished. lol

You need some serious help, bro. :)

chelsea-star-matt-miazga-mocks-height-of-mexico%E2%80%99s-diego-lainez-during-friendly-match-video.jpg

like I said - they directly sponsor them and will get access to the school indirectly - that'll hurt our schools as who benefits except the player?

Umm that’s who supposed to benefit from this, the player not the school.

I can point to my alma mater to show you how one sided money games can benefit everyon except the student athletes.

We are the same as FBS schools as far as making money off the players but obvious not at the same level as most P5 schools

If ______ from Valley can make some money off their likeness off their hard work, let them get it

Umm that’s who supposed to benefit from this, the player not the school.

yeah but we get on ADs for lack of corporate sponsor deals - we got to be aware those same companies could circumvent us with pennies on the dollar deals to a specific player and we get nothing knowing that player is playing on TV in a classic.

Bruh, seriously, y'all on the outside looking in. We have a LOT of disarray in the athletic department @ PVAMU.

PV won the commish cup because it offers every single sport, what, 18, right? And placed well. Also, we live to beat the living shit out of Southern University in every sport so... mission accomplished. lol
Should one deduct from PV's 2021 Commish Cup bestowal that PV beat SU in the big 4 sports of Football, Baseball, Men's Basketbll and Women's Basketball? Allow me to remind you that 2021 was a covid-altered season in which many athletic competitions were canceled. If memory serves me accurately, PV football has not beaten SU in quite a while. In fact, in PV's new stadium, I believe SU has beaten PV more times than PV has beaten SU. I could be wrong, but I don't think PV has ever beaten SU in your new stadium. To be honest, PV did sweep SU in baseball in BR this past season when SU was without its top 3 players. With those 3 players healthy, SU showed PV the exits in the SWAC Baseball tourney. PV men's basketball beat SU by 9 (I believe) this season at PV, but due to covid issues within PV's program, the return game did not take place. SU women's basketball swept PV this past season by the scores of 51-44 in BR and 70-39 at PV.

Last edited:
One issue-you have to have someone willing to PAY.

Lets take a college sports game-EASport nor 2K are going to want to cut checks to SWAC, MEAC and other conferences players. I mean 2K is so cheap a LOT of NBA players are left off that game over payments.

That's traditional thinking. Video games. These kids can go get deals to sponsor some of anything. If you're a Black apparel company why wouldn't you pay one of these players to wear your gear? The JSU kids deal was with a barber shop, I think?

Today, if you can go viral you can get paid from it. And there's always someone out there willing to pay.

Should one deduct from PV's 2021 Commish Cup bestowal that PV beat SU in the big 4 sports of Football, Baseball, Men's Basketbll and Women's Basketball? Allow me to remind you that 2021 was a covid-altered season in which many athletic competitions were canceled. If memory serves me accurately, PV football has not beaten SU in quite a while. In fact, in PV's new stadium, I believe SU has beaten PV more times than PV has beaten SU. I could be wrong, but I don't think PV has ever beaten SU in your new stadium. To be honest, PV did sweep SU in baseball in BR this past season when SU was without its top 3 players. With those 3 players healthy, SU showed PV the exits in the SWAC Baseball tourney. PV men's basketball beat SU by 9 (I believe) this season at PV, but due to covid issues within PV's program, the return game did not take place. SU women's basketball swept PV this past season by the scores of 51-44 in BR and 70-39 at PV.
Earle, learn when ol' Bewild is poking the bear to let the world know y'all still relevant over there.

I was bordering being "funny" w/ what I said. But I wasn't joking that we live to beat y'all when possible. Nothing else matters but a victory over the "S" on the chest. :D

Back