National Signing Day Thread 2023

They play the top 2 teams in the east so that hurts their chances. I gotta stick with the traditional su/pv/corn.
Yea Dooley gonna be out next year
I believe 2025 is the final year of Dooley's contract.

He gotta cash in this year or 2024 to stay on The Bluff past 2025.

Gotta nail down the QB position and put the best option to win at that position. I think we will be decent defensively.

I believe 2025 is the final year of Dooley's contract.

He gotta cash in this year or 2024 to stay on The Bluff past 2025.

Gotta nail down the QB position and put the best option to win at that position. I think we will be decent defensively.
Yall had too much talent on defense last year especially upfront. I expected the defense to be much better than they were. That unit definitely underachieved

I'm sure Dooley will find his qb this year. I knew McCray wasn't it before fall camp lol

Yall had too much talent on defense last year especially upfront. I expected the defense to be much better than they were. That unit definitely underachieved

I'm sure Dooley will find his qb this year. I knew McCray wasn't it before fall camp lol
Givens was a revelation as a true freshman. I think DT Davin Cotton being out the whole season hurt our DT depth and Jordan Lewis could never be 100 percent to give us that good set of bookend DLs. We had some injuries in the front down the stretch, but IMO our defense was on the field too long due to the offense sputtering/turning the ball over/not generating points. You saw it up close against y'all ... twice. You saw it against FAMU. You saw it against Texas Southern.

That's why some Southern folks say if Bubba was the full time QB, MAYBE things would've been different. Hate looking back, but I would've rather Dooley'nem either started Bubba from jump or threw Blood/Bodden into the deep end rather than trot out Mini-Skelton when there was hella evidence that Mini-Skelton wasn't that due.

I liked the freshman RBs, but once Sims went out against y'all the first game ... I knew it was over for that offense.

I liked our linebackers. We're gonna miss Harris in the secondary. I liked him. He was a thumper. Davis (17) is a rangy, physical .. and sometimes, grabby, corner. But you need that if you're going to slow down the WRs in the conference.

And I forgot, it's at least six QBs now ... Bodden, Blood, the freshman Tucker from Dallas ... now the UAB transfer from Episcopal-BR, the kid from Scotlandville and the kid from ATL.

Givens was a revelation as a true freshman. I think DT Davin Cotton being out the whole season hurt our DT depth and Jordan Lewis could never be 100 percent to give us that good set of bookend DLs. We had some injuries in the front down the stretch, but IMO our defense was on the field too long due to the offense sputtering/turning the ball over/not generating points. You saw it up close against y'all ... twice. You saw it against FAMU. You saw it against Texas Southern.

That's why some Southern folks say if Bubba was the full time QB, MAYBE things would've been different. Hate looking back, but I would've rather Dooley'nem either started Bubba from jump or threw Blood/Bodden into the deep end rather than trot out Mini-Skelton when there was hella evidence that Mini-Skelton wasn't that due.

I liked the freshman RBs, but once Sims went out against y'all the first game ... I knew it was over for that offense.

I liked our linebackers. We're gonna miss Harris in the secondary. I liked him. He was a thumper. Davis (17) is a rangy, physical .. and sometimes, grabby, corner. But you need that if you're going to slow down the WRs in the conference.

And I forgot, it's at least six QBs now ... Bodden, Blood, the freshman Tucker from Dallas ... now the UAB transfer from Episcopal-BR, the kid from Scotlandville and the kid from ATL.

Yea Sims was a difference maker. He took out our starting safety for the year lol. Well I guess they both took each other out.

I don't think Bubba was the answer either but he had a better arm than McCray for sure

6 qbs.. well dayum lol

Yea Sims was a difference maker. He took out our starting safety for the year lol. Well I guess they both took each other out.

I don't think Bubba was the answer either but he had a better arm than McCray for sure

6 qbs.. well dayum lol
Yeah, but we needed Sims more than y'all needed that safety LOL

Bubba was a veteran. That was the advantage. Either that or go with Bodden or Blood like Worm went with a true freshman Austin Howard right after Dray Joseph finished up.

6 qbs.. well dayum lol
You remember when one of those jags, and you know “who” said they had 7 or 8 quality QBs last year 😂

Last edited:
Bruh don't remind me LOL

We gonna have a "Bachelor" type show for the starting QB job. Don't steal that idea. Dooley gonna pass out ascots for the QBs that he wants to stick around LOL
I really thought Dooley would be dominating the Swac lol. I don't know what the issue is

I really thought Dooley would be dominating the Swac lol. I don't know what the issue is
Naw. He lost it for me that year we got blanked at Homecoming by Alcorn and PV whooped Grambling in Dallas.

And we shut him out. In PV. After a homecoming loss. And a bye week.

That game against a wounded Southern team should’ve been the breakthrough after beating Gram. However, they got stomped at home and the shine has been off of him ever since.

Dooley had a better chance at building a powerhouse at Prairie View - less pressure - good facilities but he was looking for the Baton Rouge experience such as bright lights, TV cameras, etc.

But the lure of going back home was too much

Dooley had a better chance at building a powerhouse at Prairie View - less pressure - good facilities but he was looking for the Baton Rouge experience such as bright lights, TV cameras, etc.

THIS

Naw. He lost it for me that year we got blanked at Homecoming by Alcorn and PV whooped Grambling in Dallas.

And we shut him out. In PV. After a homecoming loss. And a bye week.

That game against a wounded Southern team should’ve been the breakthrough after beating Gram. However, they got stomped at home and the shine has been off of him ever since.

That's because he didn't prepare the team for a Qb change. Everyone I know and myself knew y'all were gonna play the other Qb and not who had been behind center after that bye week.

He shunned doing interviews or getting on any of the local shows to promote himself or the team. Didn't start until his last year and now he's learned he needed to do that to succeed with the locals in Baton Rouge.

Back