Monique's Netflix deal was way worse than previously thought

27577050_845558895626311_2669166447539781632_n.jpg

So are we STILL mad at Mo'Nique saying she isn't relevant or are we finally gonna admit she was right?

Asking for a friend

I’m still not gonna act as if she’s a victim. She came to them, that was their offer. If she can get better then go to HBO, Stars, Cinemax, or Amazon. She’s has a terrible manager and she burned bridges. Now excuse me while I go watch Luke Cage on Netflix.

So are we STILL mad at Mo'Nique saying she isn't relevant or are we finally gonna admit she was right?

Asking for a friend

LOL who was mad at Mo'Nique? At the end of the day, it's a contract negotiation, not a hostage situation. You can accept it, make a counteroffer, or reject it. Seems to me the question that should be asked is why hasn't she moved on.

I can't/won't speak for everyone else, but again, my point was never about whether or not her deal with Netflix was fair. My point was/is why the hell did she he have to go public with the details? It was a shitty deal. Why couldn't she simply say "no thank you, Netflix" and simply walk away WITHOUT the drama?

Somebody answer that for me.

I can't/won't speak for everyone else, but again, my point was never about whether or not her deal with Netflix was fair. My point was/is why the hell did she he have to go public with the details? It was a shitty deal. Why couldn't she simply say "no thank you, Netflix" and simply walk away WITHOUT the drama?

Somebody answer that for me.

She basically done committed suicide with any others in the industry that might have thought about doing a deal with her. Why would they think of doing anything if they thought she was going to publicize the negotiations if it doesn't fit her.

Last edited:
I’m still not gonna act as if she’s a victim. She came to them, that was their offer. If she can get better then go to HBO, Stars, Cinemax, or Amazon. She’s has a terrible manager and she burned bridges.
Now excuse me while I go watch Luke Cage on Netflix.​

LOL

to make a long story short...Netflix is telling Monique we really don't want you on our platform we think your washed up and not worth it...so take what we offer or kick rocks

to make a long story short...Netflix is telling Monique we really don't want you on our platform we think your washed up and not worth it...so take what we offer or kick rocks

Pretty much and her husband/manager has no skills at negotiating. Just like Kenn said, why make it public? Just go to another platform and try to get a better deal.

I can appreciate her exposing Netflix because it was such a shyty deal.

I get it at the end of the day its a business but we need to have these conversations in the black community about systematic manipulation. A lot of times we don't share information about companies/individuals mistreatment of black people and our communities and leave the next blk man/woman to go through the same phuckery instead of pulling their coat tails.

You see this time and time again when athletes, artist/entertainers and for that matter everyday blk folk who are left broke because of the shady practices and business dealings of companies.

Best believe if this was the other way around I can bet you that WF would not deal/fukk with that black company again.

I don't always agree with her methods but shout out to Monique for standing in the gap...

Would we be caping or criticizing Dave Chappelle if he got low-balled by Netflix after they offered and paid a relatively new white comedian 10X as much for a comedy special?

I would criticize him if he lacked the business acumen and common sense that Mo’Nique lacks. In negotiations the least interested party will low ball you initially. How many arena’s has Monique sold out? What is her demand? She keeps riding the Oscar she got for a dramatic role which has nothing to do with comedy. She needs to fire her husband and get to work like Chappelle did.

I would criticize him if he lacked the business acumen and common sense that Mo’Nique lacks. In negotiations the least interested party will low ball you initially. How many arena’s has Monique sold out? What is her demand? She keeps riding the Oscar she got for a dramatic role which has nothing to do with comedy. She needs to fire her husband and get to work like Chappelle did.

I just googled her...

When did she ever stop touring as a comedian?

Can you provide proof she is not selling out arenas?

[
I just googled her...

When did she ever stop touring as a comedian?

Can you provide proof she is not selling out arenas?

Yep i could just as easily as you googled her. She’s not even doing live comedy in “arenas” she’s doing it in small comedy clubs. The folks she wants equal money with have sold out Madison Square Garden. Can you provide me proof that she has EVER sold out Madison Square Garden? Hell Godfrey just sold more tickets than she did right here in Dallas.

And i never said she stopped touring as a comedian. She’s just not in high demand.

And another thing when has she ever stood up for anyone other than her own self? I didn’t see her protesting Sandra Bland, Trayvon Martin, nobody but we’re suppose to get up and make noise over a damn contract negotiation? GTF outta here.

And another thing when has she ever stood up for anyone other than her own self? I didn’t see her protesting Sandra Bland, Trayvon Martin, nobody but we’re suppose to get up and make noise over a damn contract negotiation? GTF outta here.

SpiffyFancyAltiplanochinchillamouse-max-1mb.gif

Back