Mississippi Highschool Football 2013: Lets get started

Jackson Prep is going to see just how good they are the 1st game with 5A Oxford. They went 11-1 with a loss to Starksville in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They play Forrest right before bassfield. Bassfield beat Forrest 40-0 last year. Game was over before it started. :lol:

Looks like we got an answer (Oxford 32 Jackson Prep 20)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
All the scores from WEEK #1. :tup:

High School Football: The O.T. Week 1 Part 1........WJTV TV12 video
WJTV - Part 1 of our High School Football show features Clinton vs. Pearl, Murrah vs. Hazlehurst, Canton vs. Provine, Callaway vs. Forest Hill, Mendenhall vs. Ridgeland, and Tri County vs. St. Andrew's.

High School Football: The O.T. Week 1, Part 2
WJTV - Friday Night Highlights of Germantown vs. NE Jones, Meridian Vs. NW Rankin, McComb vs. Warren Central, MRA vs. Glenbrook, and Louisville vs. Jim Hill.

Friday Nite Lites/SportsDeck........WLBT TV3 NOW40 Video.....Complete wrapup

Friday Nite Lites/SportsDeck: Tonight's Games

Prentiss 20 F .............. SHUTUP Robber. :lol:
Crystal Springs 13

Morton 21 F
Forest 57 ................. Look like Jackson Prep is in for another but-whipping. :lol:

Murrah 35 F
Hazlehurst 55............... The game was not even this close.

Louisville 47 F............... There you go Bengal E. :tup:
Jim Hill 0

Mem. Ridgeway 22 F
Olive Branch 38

Canton 26 F
Provine 22

Mem. White Station 27 F
The University of South Panola 42 ........... Look like that transfer QB is working out.

Seminary 0 F
Bassfield 23 .................. Bassfield defense has not allowed more than a 7 point average in 3 years. J. Prep is going to be o-3 to start the season.

Last edited:
WEEK #1 results 8/26/2013...............Clarion Ledger High School Football Super 10 POLL

1. Brandon
Last week: beat No. 6 Madison Central 21-14 This week: vs. Pearl 1-0 1
The Buzz: Devin Wilson rushed for 57 yards, but his game winner with 4:30 remaining sealed the win. The Bulldogs shut out the Jaguars in the second half, holding the Jags to 84 yards of total offense. Brandon can’t come out flat with rival Pearl coming to town Friday.

2. Olive Branch
Last week: beat Memphis Ridgeway 38-22 This week: vs. Memphis Raleigh-Egypt 1-0 2
The Buzz: Dontavius Bruce had 378 all-purpose yards to help lead the Conquistadors. The Quistors rushed for 265 yards as a team. Junior quarterback Ross Trail passed for 217 yards in his debut with OB.

3. South Panola
Last week: beat White Station 42-27 This week: vs. No. 4 West Point (Thursday) 1-0 3
The Buzz: Darrell Henderson did more than just run the football. He also ran a punt return back 84 yards for the game’s first touchdown. QB Rip Kirk tossed for 120 yards and a touchdown, and the Tiger D had three interceptions, including two by Ephraim Kitchens, who returned one for a touchdown.

4. West Point
Last week: DNP This week: at No. 3 South Panola (Thursday) 0-0 4
The Buzz: The Green Wave did not play on Friday. West Point will focus on getting some revenge on third-ranked South Panola after the Tigers knocked off the Wave 12-10 last year on a 26-yard field goal by Clayton Sibley with 9 seconds left in the game

Last edited:
All the scores from WEEK #1. :tup:

High School Football: The O.T. Week 1 Part 1........WJTV TV12 video
WJTV - Part 1 of our High School Football show features Clinton vs. Pearl, Murrah vs. Hazlehurst, Canton vs. Provine, Callaway vs. Forest Hill, Mendenhall vs. Ridgeland, and Tri County vs. St. Andrew's.

High School Football: The O.T. Week 1, Part 2
WJTV - Friday Night Highlights of Germantown vs. NE Jones, Meridian Vs. NW Rankin, McComb vs. Warren Central, MRA vs. Glenbrook, and Louisville vs. Jim Hill.

Friday Nite Lites/SportsDeck........WLBT TV3 NOW40 Video.....Complete wrapup

Friday Nite Lites/SportsDeck: Tonight's Games

Prentiss 20 F .............. SHUTUP Robber. :lol:
Crystal Springs 13

Morton 21 F
Forest 57 ................. Look like Jackson Prep is in for another but-whipping. :lol:

Murrah 35 F
Hazlehurst 55............... The game was not even this close.

Louisville 47 F............... There you go Bengal E. :tup:
Jim Hill 0

Mem. Ridgeway 22 F
Olive Branch 38

Canton 26 F
Provine 22

Mem. White Station 27 F
The University of South Panola 42 ........... Look like that transfer QB is working out.

Seminary 0 F
Bassfield 23 .................. Bassfield defense has not allowed more than a 7 point average in 3 years. J. Prep is going to be o-3 to start the season.

Frat,
Come on man, CS let Prentiss beat yall. Man, I can hear Babyface now. Is he still teaching down there?

G-W has always had talent since that merger. They just can never put it all together. Must be the coaching.

LS, bruh Greenville had talent waaaaaaaay before the merger.

Sure did. I remember playing Greenville when I was at Callaway back in the 80s. We played yall in my Jr or Sr year I believe in Greenville. If I am not mistaken yall had this kid name Derris Braison that was a great athlete at Qb. Ended up signing with Ole Miss.

08/22/13 Greenville St. Joseph High School 47 vs Riverside High School 0
08/22/13 Indianola Gentry High School 22 Weston High School-Greenville 25

Leflore Co. 20 vs Greenwood 49

Last edited:
OK.............. The rules have not changed from 2012 to 2013.
My question now is why did Murrah and Vicksburg get suspended from the playoffs last year for the exact same thing and these schools are not? :noidea:

Mississippi High School Activities Association suspends 26 for football brawl.......Clarion Ledger
TUPELO, MISS. — The Mississippi High School Activities Association has handed down 26 suspensions — 17 for Mooreville and nine for Tishomingo County — for a brawl in Friday night's game.

The MHSSA also Tuesday placed both schools on probation until the end of the regular season. Both teams are still eligible for the playoffs.

As for suspensions, eight Tishomingo County players will miss this week's game, while two other players will miss the next two. Thirteen Mooreville players will miss this week's game, while four others will miss the next two.

WEEK #2 games to see. :tup:

Clarion-Ledger's Top High School Week 2 Games
Pearl at Brandon
Pirates showed explosiveness by scoring three touchdowns in 15-second span during Week 1 victory over Clinton. Challenge will be much tougher this week against rival Bulldogs, No. 1 in The Clarion-Ledger Super 10. C-L says: Brandon 31-21
Stagga says BRANDON.

Gulfport at Madison Central
No. 9 Jags’ O-line held its own against perhaps the state’s top defensive front in 21-14 loss to Brandon. A similar effort Friday should give QB Joseph Willis and RB Trey Smith plenty of time to score enough points to get past Admirals. C-L says: Madison Central 28-24
Stagga says Madison Central

Presbyterian Christian at MRA
This is just the sixth ever meeting. Patriots’, ranked No. 2 in AAA, Caleb Shufelt passed for 388 yards and five touchdowns in Week 1 blowout of Glenbrook (La.). He’ll be tested Friday against the fourth-ranked Bobcats, who shut out St. Patrick in opener. C-L says: MRA 31-24.
Stagga says MRA

West Point at South Panola (Tonight)
Battle between No. 4 Green Wave and fourth-ranked Tigers, West Point looking to avenge last year’s 12-10 loss. Tigers will lean on Rip Kirk to lead way, but defense must keep eye on West Point’s Dandy Dozen RB Aeris Williams. C-L says: South Panola 21-17.
Stagga says The UNIVERSITY of South Panola

Picayune at PetalOne of two matchups between Super 10 teams, sixth-ranked Panthers looking for first win in series against No. 8 Maroon Tide. Panthers are looking for revenge after the Tide rushed for 514 yards against them last year. Running back Preston Dedeaux leads a stout Picayune ground game. C-L says: Picayune 24-21.
Stagga says PETAL

Hattiesburg at Laurel
Friday’s Battle for The Little Brown Jug marks 92nd straight meeting between Tigers and Golden Tornadoes. Laurel, which edged Quitman in its Week 1 opener, leads series by six games, but Hattiesburg currently holds series’ most prized trophy. C-L says: Hattiesburg 24-21.
Stagga says LAUREL

Complete High school football schedule: Week 2..........Clarion ledger ........ 8/29/2013
Crystal Springs (0-1) at Florence (0-1)
Stagga says his MIGHTY Crystal Springs Tigers WILL NOT BE 0-2. :lecture:

Callaway (1-0) at Warren Central (0-1)
Bassfield (1-0) at Forrest Co. AHS (0-0)
Memphis Raleigh-Egypt (0-1) at Olive Branch (1-0)
Murrah (0-1) at Provine (0-1) (Hughes)
Prentiss (1-0) at Loyd Star (0-1)
Pascagoula (1-0) at Ocean Springs (1-0)

Last edited:
My Hornets of Greenville-Weston are 1-0 on the season led by one of if not the best player in Mississippi Gerri Green. I hope they can knockoff Clarksdale tomorrow.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Da hell you mean let us beat them??? We whoops ass!!! If Callaway wants some.....

Man, I know Callaway ain't what we used to be during my days in school. But we don't lose to no Prentiss type mofos. :lol:

I am still tripping on losing to schools like Canton and Yazoo City.

Man, I know Callaway ain't what we used to be during my days in school. But we don't lose to no Prentiss type mofos. :lol:

I don't know about Canton or Yazoo City, but Callaway don't want none from the JDC, son. That's Bassfield and Prentiss. And if they should consolidate like many folk think we should, wooooo lawd!!!

bruh I wish we played these school in Jackson PS...we'd drop 30+ on everyone and go undefeated.

I don't know about Canton or Yazoo City, but Callaway don't want none from the JDC, son. That's Bassfield and Prentiss. And if they should consolidate like many folk think we should, wooooo lawd!!!

no consolidation the Bassfield Prentiss rivalry is too heated. we got yall next week :smoke:

Week #2 Highlites and scores:
•Brandon 10, Pearl 2
•Callaway 27, Warren Central 14
•Madison Central 45, Gulfport 28
•Murrah 33, Provine 12
•Bassfield 42, Forrest Co. AHS 29
•Brookhaven 33, Lawrence County 0
•Hazlehurst 13, Taylorsville 10
•Olive Branch 71, Raleigh Egypt, Tenn. 0•Louisville 30, Wilkinson County 12
•Laurel 31, Hattiesburg 14

Jimmy Smith son, (Trey Smith), went off for Madison Central. Dude had 5 TDs. They toasted Gulfport 45-28.
Trey Smith, Madison Central: The Sports Zone Player of the Week.........WJTV TV12 video

Friday Nite Lites/Sports Deck: Week 2 Scores........WLBT TV3 NOW40

Blitz 16: Week 3 matchups.........WAPT TV16

Last edited:
South Panola 55, West point 33
south_panola_football2.jpg

South Panola runs past West Point
BATESVILLE -- If someone who had never seen a football game just happened to be at South Panola High School on Thursday, they still would have noticed two special tailbacks.

South Panola High's Darrell Henderson and West Point High's Aeris Williams combined for 10 touchdowns in a back-and-forth thriller between two of the state of Mississippi's traditional powers.

Henderson, who said after the game he had "screwed up pretty bad" last week, proved he belonged in the same category with Williams, a Mississippi State University verbal commitment, in a 55-33 victory. The 5-foot-9 junior had 18 carries for 184 yards on 18 carries and six touchdowns (four rushing, a 5-yard touchdown pass from Rip Kirk, and a 65-yard kickoff return).

Back