Mississippi Highschool Football 2013: Lets get started

jstate83

GOAT FARM!
:banana:Ole Stagga is back with his yearly reporting of Highschool football in Mississippi. :banana:

I'll be posting on all ya'lls old highschool stomping grounds for those of you that are no longer here to keep up on a weekly basis.

Enjoy. :swink:

1st up.............. :tup:
The MOVIE that was made about Highschool football in Mississippi that are making the premire roudns at various schools as we speak. It came out July 17th at the Mississippi Sports HOF. Look like a good one to put in the CD rotation if you are a sports fan no matter where you live.

Mississippi Gridiron Gold Movie Trailer

Mississippi Gridiron Gold Press Conference at the Mississippi Sports HOF in Jackson......Video

Coaches Premire......Reviews from Coaches

Dates, Times, and Viewing places to see movie Premire

Last edited:

Now on to the various highschool Pre-views and players to watch in 2013.
Whos committed and whos left out there.

Give the two top Private Schools, Jackson Prep and Jackson Academy some run since they stepping up their schedules this year as for the Public school play. Spotlight on Jackson Prep. They really stepping up by playing 5A OXFORD, FORREST, and the defending 2a State Champions Bassfield after going undefeated last year on the way to the Private School State Chamiponship.

Camped Out: Episode 1... Jackson Prep and Jackson Academy......Clarion Ledger Video

Jackson Academy looking to reclaim Throne from Jackson Prep.......WJTV TV12 Video

Camped Out episode 2: PEARL Highschool Pirates.............C/L Video

Camped Out episode 3: Canton Highschool Tigers............ C/L video

Camped out episode 4: Jackson Provine Rams....C/L Video

Last edited:
2013 Dandy Dozen Photo Shoot......Memorial Stadium....Clarion Ledger.

2013 Dandy Dozen Video..........WJTV TV12 Video Memorial Stadium

bilde

Clarion Ledger ALL-TIME Dandy Dozen List

Updated Commitment List for 2013 recruits

Last edited:
Defending 2A State Champions Bassfield.
They have not slacked off after a undefeated season. They may play in 2A but these boys can compete in 3A and beat some 4A schools with their size and speed. Jackson Prep may have bitten off more than they can swallow scheduling these boys thinking 2A means a "lesser opponent. This team has major D1 talent all over the place. :tup:

2A State Champion Bassfield SPEED........and their D1 Commitments................ WLBT TV3 Now40 Video
BASSFIELD, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Bassfield is coming off an undefeated season in which they won the 2A state title. The Yellowjackets are back to defend that title with a team that may be even more talented.

Bassfield has a solid senior class with 4 guys already committed to D1 colleges. A.J. and C.J. Moore (Ole Miss), Cornell Armstrong and Curtis Mikell (Southern Miss).

Madison Central 6A
madison_central.jpg

Madison Central has a new look this year that comes in the form of a 6'5" Transfer QB from Neshoba Central named Joseph Willis. This will allow last year backup QB Trey Smith to move to WR/RB and use his talents all over the place. Now they got balance power running and deep threat speed at the skill positions.

MADISON Central tour..............WLBT TV3 NOW40 Video
MADISON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Madison Central has developed their football program under Bobby Hall into a perennial power. The one problem is that they haven't reached that plateau of winning a state title. Five straight seasons MC has lost in the North half championship game.

They hope to change that in 2013 and a transfer could be the help they need to get over the hump. This summer Joseph Willis moved to Madison from Neshoba Central and the 6'5 senior will take over as the Jags QB.

CLINTON ARROWS...6A
As you can see, they have revamped the entire stadium including the field house.
th

arrows_clinton_boys_varsity_football_fall_12-13.jpg

Get this.
Clinton will be starting a 14 year old at the QB position. Don't let that fool you though. That kid is something else. 14 years old and he is already as big as some of the Linebackers on that team. :lol:

They got a monster schedule ahead of them though in 6A with Madison Central standing in their playoff way again this year. They are led by Dandy Dozen Grant Harris and Ole Miss signee at defensive end. That kid is a terror at that position. A manchild. First 4 games are against Pearl, Ridgeland, Brandon and Meridian. :lol:

Highschool tour: Clinton ARROWS.........WLBT TV3 Now40 Video
CLINTON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Clinton enters their second season with Judd Boswell at the helm and do so with much more anticipation. The Arrows started 2012 just 1-5, then rattled off 6 straight wins, including a playoff victory over Southaven.

Boswell's bunch returns a veteran defense, led by high profile prospect Grant Harris at defensive end.

The offense will see change now that senior QB Cale Luke has moved on. There's a good chance the Arrows will start a 14-year-old freshman at the most important position. That guy is Cameron Akers and he comes with a lot of hype.

Last edited:
Defending 2A State Champions Bassfield.
They have not slacked off after a undefeated season. They may play in 2A but these boys can compete in 3A and beat some 4A schools with their size and speed. Jackson Prep may have bitten off more than they can swallow scheduling these boys thinking 2A means a "lesser opponent. This team has major D1 talent all over the place. :tup:

2A State Champion Bassfield SPEED........and their D1 Commitments................ WLBT TV3 Now40 Video
BASSFIELD, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Bassfield is coming off an undefeated season in which they won the 2A state title. The Yellowjackets are back to defend that title with a team that may be even more talented.

Bassfield has a solid senior class with 4 guys already committed to D1 colleges. A.J. and C.J. Moore (Ole Miss), Cornell Armstrong and Curtis Mikell (Southern Miss).
I got partner that's the O-Coordinator at Murrah High. He was telling us that he was at a football camp and "there were 4-5 guys from this little 2A school called Bassfield that was running 4.3s!!!" I just laughed. Bassfield is less than 10 miles from my mama's house. Them jokers are fast for no reason. Lately they been blasting my old high school. They lead Oak Grove (Class 6A) in the 4th quarter a few years ago. Oak Grove made the 6A title game that year. I will definitely make my first venture onto Jackson Prep's campus to see that game.

I got partner that's the O-Coordinator at Murrah High. He was telling us that he was at a football camp and "there were 4-5 guys from this little 2A school called Bassfield that was running 4.3s!!!" I just laughed. Bassfield is less than 10 miles from my mama's house. Them jokers are fast for no reason. Lately they been blasting my old high school. They lead Oak Grove (Class 6A) in the 4th quarter a few years ago. Oak Grove made the 6A title game that year. I will definitely make my first venture onto Jackson Prep's campus to see that game.

For real.......Speed to burn. :lol:
People get caught up in that 2A classification of Bassfield but those guys are no joke. people need to understand, there is a reason that little 2A enrollmant put the majority of their players at major D1 schools, year after year. Good feeder program starting in middle school and great coaching.

Thinking about putting that Prep /Bassfield game on my "go too" list this Fall. :tup:

Yep. They also have one of the best 11th Graders in the nation at SS/ OLB. Jamal Peters. I think he already has offers from LSU and the MS and AL SEC programs.

:eek:fftopic:

For those here that said Callaways Malik Newman was gone from Mississippi..............YEAH RIGHT. Some mofos in Dallas said that he was going to transfer out there on TWITTER and then fool went crazy. Dude TWEETED right back and said it was just a rumor. Here is the first day of school on Beasley road.

Young man already got "offers on the table from Kentucky, Kansas, and Duke. :lol:
malik_newman.jpg

Newman is still a Charger
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Malik Newman has had a busy summer playing in AAU tournaments across the country and even for Team USA in Uruguay. All throughout the past few months people wondered where he would play high school basketball this season.

Newman put an end to the rumors Thursday when he was at Callaway for the first day of school and practicing with the team. He says he never really though about leaving the school he's won back to back titles with and also adds he's looking forward to playing for new head coach David Sanders.

Last edited:
Oak Grove took all of that talent that used to go to HHS. Oak Grove features FS Picasso Nelson, Jr. His dad played DB at JSU in the 90's. Jr. is committed to Southern Miss, I believe.

Yes, it all started during my senior year (2003). I think 03 was the first time they beat us.

:eek:fftopic:

For those here that said Callaways Malik Newman was gone from Mississippi..............YEAH RIGHT. Some mofos in Dallas said that he was going to transfer out there on TWITTER and then fool went crazy. Dude TWEETED right back and said it was just a rumor. Here is the first day of school on Beasley road.

Young man already got "offers on the table from Kentucky, Kansas, and Duke. :lol:
malik_newman.jpg

Newman is still a Charger
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Malik Newman has had a busy summer playing in AAU tournaments across the country and even for Team USA in Uruguay. All throughout the past few months people wondered where he would play high school basketball this season.

Newman put an end to the rumors Thursday when he was at Callaway for the first day of school and practicing with the team. He says he never really though about leaving the school he's won back to back titles with and also adds he's looking forward to playing for new head coach David Sanders.

Yeah that was Prime Prep that jumped the gun on that one. Prime Prep is Deion Sanders' "school". They got in trouble with the NCAA this year and had an LSU and TCU recruit ruled ineligible b/c of that institution. I think they have since been cleared though.

The GULF COAST.
All video to stories on SPORTS web page.

Pascagoula Panthers.....5A Runner-up State Championship 2012
High School Football Report: Pascagoula Panthers can never be counted out......WLOX13 BILOXI
The Panthers have some holes to fill and head coach Lewis Simms has his troops back out on the practice field looking for some young men to step up.

A senior, Andrew Dunn and junior Jaylen Glaude are vying for the top job at quarterback.

Simms said,"Andrew is a fine player. He's progressed during the off-season. At 6-foot-5, 200 pounds he's got a good frame on him, a good arm.

Then you have Jaylen Glaude a junior, a left-handed guy who's athletic. He throws the ball well. He listens."

Simms and his Panthers have heavy hearts every time they stop out onto the practice fields. In May two young men, Caleb Sweet and Brandon Rich lost their lives in a skiing accident.

6-2, 220 pound senior defensive end Caleb Caston says the season has been dedicated in their memory

GULFPORT Admirals 6A
Gulfport Admirals ready to defend their Region 4-6A football title
Gulfport was the first high school football team on the Mississippi Gulf Coast to open practice Monday morning. Under sunny skies and temperatures in the 90's.. Admirals football officially kicked off preseason practice. Head coach Eddie Pearce was named head coach after Mike Justice retired

Back