Maybe I am just insensitive, but

Ugh blu

Since you brought up DGAF, obviously you were referring to me...so I'll give my input to your previous post.

DGAF is totally comical....When it comes to serious issues such as this......I DO GAF.

Now, is that better?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
Suge Blublood is on your side. :snicker::emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Damn, I can't believe it either...I'm not taking sides, I just understand his opinion.

D-Town, I was not singling out anyone. By reading other comments on other boards from other posters, it shocks me that they are so sentitive to Suge's response.

Who is getting sensitive to suges response? Its just a dialogue. Some of yall get all sensitive with stuff on the smackboard and chickenhead posts, so I think the responses here have been restrained and well thoughout.

Well, if the comment doesn't apply to you, then DGAF about it. I have no problems with the chicken head posts, because I know I'm not one and you and GR have banned me from the smack board so...
ne_nau.gif

Opinions are like _________, everyone has one ...and here is MINE.

How well must you know a person to feel sad about their untimely demise? IMO, everyone expresses grief, love, or hate in different manners. With that being sad, how does someone ELSE expressing his/her emotions apply in one's own life? It does not to be honest.

AND, I like the way BIFF said that!

Re: My thoughts

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
I didn't know Martin Luthor King......I didn't cry when I was learning about him....I don't cry on his birthdays...and personally I wouldn't have been marching along side of him getting beat down by OFAYS talking about non-violence this and non-violence that. But that doesn't change the fact that he affected a lot of people and was a GREAT man in what he DID. The same could be applied to several people...whether mythical or real. I won't go there. The same thing applies to Aaliyah. She had a lot of fans. She was a great role model to young girls. She was an awesome performer. I didn't know Tupac either...but I can't lie...I shedded a tear when I found out he had passed. It just seemed as if I knew him. The way he came across on TV, movies, CDs, books...it just seems like I could relate. I felt real bad about Aaliyah also. She was apart of OUR community. The BLACK community. She was a positive person...as far as I could tell. So one really doesn't have to know someone to mourn a person's death.

If one choses not to mourn, then that is one's options. But don't question the sincerity of others who actually feel as if they've lost a frined. You never know how a person feels until you've walked in that person's shoes.

Excellent post!

You don't have to know a person at all to be sad of their misfortunes. God's word said that when one is weak we all are weak. True enough, I'm sadden by this news, but it's beyond being sad that I question. As far as can't sleep and eat, and standing on the corner with a pic and poster of someone I didn't know.

Sorry,

But I don't get insensitivity from Suge's original post.

Further, I don't think we need to be calling people jerks in this forum. It is one thing for a person to talk about him/herself. It is quite another to quote that person and show agreement to that statement. If you are going to do that, you may as well go whole hog and call a spade a spade, which would be a personal attack, which is against the rules of this forum.

But, I digress ...

I don't think the issue is the grieving or sadness. I feel that it is the extent of grief shown. Some people show more grief than others. I, for one, don't show much grief when people die, even those close to me. The way I see it, they are in a much better place than I, so any tears I shed are selfish. I am not a self pityer.

For example, when I found out Aaliyah died, I felt sad, said a prayer for her soul as well as the souls of the other victims, and went on about my day. Part of that day including consoling my 8-year-old. She was crushed by that news. She saw Aaliyah as a role model, someone to emulate, to an extent. I let her grieve, told her Aaliyah was in a better place, and that was the end of that.

People grieve differently, and no one should be expected to show inordinate grief at the death of anyone just because it may seem "proper."

That's my opinion, and I DGAFF if you don't agree! :D

Re: Sorry,

Originally posted by Vinita

That's my opinion, and I DGAFF if you don't agree! :D

So now we're airborne ?? CEDiva, you never cease to amaze me.

Frequent flyer miles, here I come !!!

:D

Just keep it real

It's okay to have your own opinions about something. But it seems as if some people on here sway with the flow of the crowd. They'll jump on one bandwagon...but when a little apprehension comes up, they either try to ride the fence both ways or back out of the conversation quietly. If you feel a certain way or agree with a certain person's beliefs...then stick to your guns. But don't be a coward and try to re-explain something you said earlier if you agreed with the original post.

I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH COMPASSION FOR A FELLOW MAN/WOMAN....WHETHER YOU KNOW THEM OR NOT. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE SAD. THEY WILL MISS HER ENTERTAINMENT AND/OR PRESENCE. ON THE SAME TOKEN, SOME PEOPLE WON'T. YOU DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE SAD ABOUT ONLY THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW.

Suge,

Don't be through with it man. Water on a duck's back, guy. Just slides right off. Hell, I'm tripping cause Nasty cried over Tupac's death. I never woulda thunk it. And I am a helluva lot more likely to cry over the death of one of you, because I do have this limited contact with you, than I would over any celebrity.

If Jessie Jackson dies tomorrow, I'll be like "damn, that's terrible." Then move on. No tears for Jessie. Prince, same deal. Michael Jackson, same deal. Emmitt Smith, same deal (well, Emmitt might hurt a little bit more, but no tears).

My tears are reserved for those that I love. I don't love folk, that I don't interact with, like that.

D-TOWN,

Did it ever occur to you that maybe those of us that agrees with Suge's post actually feel the same way??? If you said something that I agreed with, if I posted a response, it would be in agreement. Just happens that way sometimes.

Man oh man, you guys crack me up....

Yall will argue over how to eat a reeces cup......................, but yall are still cool with me...................I don't care what they say about yall.

twak.gif

See, that's where you're wrong.....

Originally posted by BluBlood
Well CJ, the only way is to eat a reeces cup is nibble it counterclockwise. :emlaugh:

The best way is to eat the peanut butter filling first, then the chocolate.

1poke.gif

Yep itz official!

REAL SMALLTALK IS BACK!*****SNICKER******

Look @ all of ya!!!!! LMAO!

Thanks for the humor !

Anyhew...I don't see anyone being insensitive. I see a lot of opinions as stated earlier. WE can say we all agree to disagree @ times. I was saddened by the news and I cried, eventually, but not necessarily over Aaliyah and her death. All the reports and tributes simply took me back to times in my life when I lost love ones. I was thinking of how I felt when my parents died @ different stages in my life. I didn't have to imagine how Aaliyah's parents or siblings and friends felt...I know! Until certain things happen in your life...some may not be able to appreciate or understand or feel what some of us may have already experienced. That doesn't mean you're insensitive...to me....that means you're "blessed"...@ least you should look @ it that way. Even the little things set you off when you experience the loss of someone close to you.

<font color=blue>
Different strokes for different folks...itz not going to change people!</font>

Back