Maybe I am just insensitive, but

Suge

The Phat Mack
...am I supposed to be all broken up over this Aaliyah tragedy? I mean seriously folks...I don't know her anymore than I know anyone else who died in that plane crash. And I am so sick of people saying Aaliyah, and 8 others, died! Don't those other people have names too. What, because they were not celebrities, their dying at young ages wasn't a tragedy too? Their families aren't sufferning too? Why aren't you people finding addresses to send them flowers and cards too? I hate that she died, just like I hate to see any young person die, but because she made records and was in movies, I'm suppposed to feel some type of attachment to her? I have read and heard for the last 2 days peole who don't even know this woman commment about how "great a person she was" ,and "how beautiful her spirit" was. How the hell would any of us know? seriously people....give it a break.......al you know of this woman is her looks, her music, and her interviews. Neither of which tells you jack about her as a person.

Suge "The Insensitive Jerk" KNupe

An Insensitive jerk is what I was called Sunday by someone because I didn't cry, or want to run and buy all her old albums, and posters, etc.........huh?

Suge, that was the purpose of my question. If this was someone else would people react the same? You're not insensitive for asking, this is once I understand where you are coming from.

To each his own Suge; this child's death has touched a many of people. You don't have to know someone personally to feel sadness by their deaths. Of course, we're all saddened by the news for all the passengers that died, but everyone knows Aaliyah. That's why her death is being pumped up. It's just like anyone else famous that dies. When Tupac and Biggie died everyone did the same thing, so what's the big deal?

I won't go as far as to say you're insensitive, maybe you just weren't really a fan.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
course, we're all saddened by the news for all the passengers that died, but everyone knows Aaliyah. That's why her death is being pumped up

here is where my problem lies...You don't KNOW her. You only know OF her. You know of her music, movies, etc. But you don't really KNOW her as a person. And I wasn't broken up when Biggie or Tupac died either. Because I knew them the same as I knew Aaliyah.......which was nothing. I can be a fan of someone's works, but because I like what they do, their death should affect me in some meaningful way? That just doesn't register with me. Maybe I'm just not a celebrity hound like most of America. I don't get all wlly nilly because Shaq is in the club, or because my best boy's cousin is in the league, or by seeing Bow wow in the mall, or any of that. So in that regards..I guess I am not a fan, and will never be.

I guess I missed your post Blu..or I wouldn't have stared an entirely new thread.

Why do you seem to be making such an issue out of this....if people want to mourn the death of Aaliyah, then let them.

If you don't want to, then don't.

Suge,

I am feeling you on this one. Folk are calling in to radio shows crying. I couldn't believe it. Well, yes I could. I was asked by this chick if I cried. I was like, "what for???" I didn't know her, so I ain't crying about it. I felt bad that she died, but no more than I would for any other person that I knew of who passed. Maybe I'm cut from a different cloth, but if I ain't close to you, I ain't getting broke up over your death.

Pojo down the street could get killed, and you knew him all your life and not shed a tear. But we can bawl our eyes out over celebrities. Well, not me. But I ain't mad at those who do. Do yo thang.

Suge, I guess you really are the presodent

You men on this board really amaze me. It's funny how everytime Suge says something, all you fellas come out and jump on the band wagon.

Like I said, this is a sad time in the music industry. If you are not touched by it then you don't have to knock others because they are.

This is sadder than the deaths.:(

SMH

I feel ya Suge, but I'm like the millions of other fans

I was sad about the Aaliyah tragedy. I feel the same way about death in general. When I run across articles of persons killed senselessly or in tragic accidents such as this, that is how I show my emotion.

I'm sure you were called an insensitive jerk for other reasons as well.

I call it being an 'individual'.

Dtown,

Baby......sweetheart....Suge is the Pres-o-dent. What's so hard to understand that what he thinks, or tells us to think, is what really matters most.

Well I didnt cry over Aaliyah but it was very sad. You gotta realize that people like to feel as if they know celebrities. Hell we like to feel as if we know each other on the message board, but for the most part we dont. I usually dont give a dayum about people dying. Like when some of these big planes crash, I DGAF. But when Columbine happened I GAF about Isiah Shoals and it mattered. i certainly did not know isiah or know of him but the circumstances of it all were sad.

In the final analysis, I think the aaliyah incident was sad to me because I think she was a special individual. She was going to be one of the greatest singer actresses ever. she was only 22. It was the circumstances of it all.

Well in a way I can feel where you're coming from. I mean....now if it was a family member...then yea I can understand it. Even a good friend.....I could understand. But I mean.......I didn't really know her. I'm not sayin that i'm not sorry about it, but i'm not gonna walk around moping and feeling all pitiful like some of these folks. For what? :confused:

Umm excuse me D-town..but when exactly did I say that you or anyone else couldn't mourn? I just said I don't understand it how some people are reacting to this. Like robber said..Pojo down the street gets killed, and people won't even send flowers, but because someone is a celebrity people act like their worlds are going to crumble.

I just have little sympathy for anyone that I know wouldn't give a rat's arse about me if I was on that plane....I guess I would just be one of the "8 others" that no one seems to care about. You would think that only one person was in that plane.......

Like I said..I hate she died, just like I hate to see anyone go at such a young age. But outside of that.....O well.

He never said he was worried about it. The point being made was, why mourn for someone you don't know. What if it was a bum in the gutter.....would it matter to you then?

I didnt say he was worried about it, and I understand his point. Ive already said I wouldnt be concerned by a bum in a gutter or a rich businessman for that matter. My point is, if you arent concerned, why continue to post? I wouldnt post about that bum in the gutter, so why would someone that didnt care about the Aaliyah situation continue to post about it? Just my $.02.

Originally posted by Suge

here is where my problem lies...You don't KNOW her.

True Suge. I didnt know KING, PRINCESS DI, MALCOLM, LEN BIAS or JFK JR. either. Yet....I'm STILL torn by their (and too many others to mention) untimely demise. These were YOUNG PEOPLE. They accomplished major goals ....yet had soooo much more to offer us.

** All you can do is just shake your head and wonder "what if." They were all roses "cut down" before reaching full bloom.

I feel what you are saying....but if You (God forbid) were to "pass on" It would tear me up. (and I dont KNOW you.) Some of the Swacsters would probably post "Suge's greatest hits" and Suge stories would be told for several days.

You would be no different than Aaliyah....only on a smaller scale. Those not paticularly fond of you or those who dont care "one way or the other" would probably post....................nothing.

Originally posted by BIFF

True Suge. I didnt know KING, PRINCESS DI, MALCOLM, LEN BIAS or JFK JR. either. Yet....I'm STILL torn by their (and too many others to mention) untimely demise. These were YOUNG PEOPLE. They accomplished major goals ....yet had soooo much more to offer us.

** All you can do is just shake your head and wonder "what if." They were all roses "cut down" before reaching full bloom.

I feel what you are saying....but if You (God forbid) were to "pass on" It would tear me up. (and I dont KNOW you.) Some of the Swacsters would probably post "Suge's greatest hits" and Suge stories would be told for several days.

You would be no different than Aaliyah....only on a smaller scale. Those not paticularly fond of you or those who dont care "one way or the other" would probably post....................nothing.

Well put Biff.............. I couldn't agree more!

Individualism...what a great thing it is...

You men on this board really amaze me. It's funny how everytime Suge says something, all you fellas come out and jump on the band wagon.

Hmmmm....

I didn't know that robber was considered to be "all the men" on the board, being that he was the only one who responded at the time of your "interesting" statement... :rolleyes:

YOu wouldn't want to be lumped together with the Chickenhead Faction, so please provide the same courtesy, K? :)

Re: Individualism...what a great thing it is...

Originally posted by Ntelekt

Hmmmm....

I didn't know that robber was considered to be "all the men" on the board, being that he was the only one who responded at the time of your "interesting" statement... :rolleyes:

YOu wouldn't want to be lumped together with the Chickenhead Faction, so please provide the same courtesy, K? :)

Innalek,

I wasn't referring to any one man inparticular. I was just stating that as soon as Suge posts something all the men come running to agree.

I was making a point...not pointing the finger at anyone per se.

:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Individualism...what a great thing it is...

Innalek,

I wasn't referring to any one man inparticular.

<font color=green>That's just it. If you HAD referred to just ONE man, you would've had a better argument.</font>
I was just stating that as soon as Suge posts something all the men come running to agree.
<font color=green>But "all the men" DIDN'T come...it was only ONE. :D
Let's not even get on how the sisterhood sometimes 'unites for the common good' ;) </font>

I was making a point...not pointing the finger at anyone per se.

<font color=green>I understand what you were trying to do...it's just that it wasn't supported that much, especially with the lack of "flock support". :)</font>
It's all good, though...

:rolleyes:

<font color=green>*Smooches*</font>

Dont' get mad...you just can't leave it WIDE AZZ OPEN like that. :)

Why do you seem to be making such an issue out of this....if people want to mourn the death of Aaliyah, then let them.
If you don't want to, then don't.
Dtown, I couldn't agree with you more.

But some folks feel like because they were fans that they know the celebrity. I feel sad when anyone that I hear of dies a sensless or tragic death. Now honestly, the reason Aaliyah's name is pumped up is because she is the celebrity. This is just the society we live in where celebrities are pumped up for the things they do be it good or bad.

:(

My thoughts

I didn't know Martin Luthor King......I didn't cry when I was learning about him....I don't cry on his birthdays...and personally I wouldn't have been marching along side of him getting beat down by OFAYS talking about non-violence this and non-violence that. But that doesn't change the fact that he affected a lot of people and was a GREAT man in what he DID. The same could be applied to several people...whether mythical or real. I won't go there. The same thing applies to Aaliyah. She had a lot of fans. She was a great role model to young girls. She was an awesome performer. I didn't know Tupac either...but I can't lie...I shedded a tear when I found out he had passed. It just seemed as if I knew him. The way he came across on TV, movies, CDs, books...it just seems like I could relate. I felt real bad about Aaliyah also. She was apart of OUR community. The BLACK community. She was a positive person...as far as I could tell. So one really doesn't have to know someone to mourn a person's death.

If one choses not to mourn, then that is one's options. But don't question the sincerity of others who actually feel as if they've lost a frined. You never know how a person feels until you've walked in that person's shoes.

Suge just expressed his opinion as many others do daily. I can't believe he is being criticize by some of the best condemners on here. He is entitle to his own opinion. Some of you say you DGAF...apparently you do!!!

...and that's just my $.73 worth.

Back