Lowell Narcisse is Transferring. Will He Look at an HBCU?

If Saban is so great he would've turn Michigan st around. It took him going to hot bed talented places for him to have the success he has today (LSU and Alabama). Everywhere Urban been he has won ( Utah, Florida, Ohio St). Is Utah a hot bed for talent? No! Urban is genius. Urban is that one coach Saban dont wanna see. If Urban was still in the SEC Saban wouldn't be as dominate as he is today.

Saban didn't have immediate success at LSU or Alabama. He won the national championship in his fourth year at LSU and then his third season at Alabama, which was before losing in the Sugar Bowl to Utah in 2008 and going 7-6 the first year, in 2007.

He got the LSU job on the strength of leading Michigan State to a 9-2 season, with wins over Ohio State and Michigan that year. The Spartans were going in the right direction, for sure.

Saban didn't have immediate success at LSU or Alabama. He won the national championship in his fourth year at LSU and then his third season at Alabama, which was before losing in the Sugar Bowl to Utah in 2008 and going 7-6 the first year, in 2007.

He got the LSU job on the strength of leading Michigan State to a 9-2 season, with wins over Ohio State and Michigan that year. The Spartans were going in the right direction, for sure.
Yea that was his best season at Michigan st 9-2. He had Plaxico Burress that season, they beat Florida in the Citrus Bowl I remember because Plaxico was making plays on offense and special teams. Yea Saban lost to who? Yea Utah little ole Utah. Who was Utah coach on that team? Yea that man Urban Meyer. With a dual threat at quarterback Alex Smith. Thats Saban hiccup everytime he loses to a team. He can't beat a team who has a dual threat at quarterback plus a spread offense. I'll bet money on Urban everytime he faces Saban, Saban knows he don't want know parts of Urban. Yea I also believe if Alabama would've faced Oklahoma in the championship, Alabama would've lost.

Yea that was his best season at Michigan st 9-2. He had Plaxico Burress that season, they beat Florida in the Citrus Bowl I remember because Plaxico was making plays on offense and special teams. Yea Saban lost to who? Yea Utah little ole Utah. Who was Utah coach on that team? Yea that man Urban Meyer. With a dual threat at quarterback Alex Smith. Thats Saban hiccup everytime he loses to a team. He can't beat a team who has a dual threat at quarterback plus a spread offense. I'll bet money on Urban everytime he faces Saban, Saban knows he don't want know parts of Urban. Yea I also believe if Alabama would've faced Oklahoma in the championship, Alabama would've lost.

Alex Smith wasn't the QB fo Utah then. And Urban Meyer wasn't the head coach. He was at Florida.

And didn't Bama under Saban beat Deshan Watson -- a dual-threat QB who ran a spread offense?

Oklahoma didn't have the defense to stop Alabama if they'd played.

If Saban is so great he would've turn Michigan st around. It took him going to hot bed talented places for him to have the success he has today (LSU and Alabama). Everywhere Urban been he has won ( Utah, Florida, Ohio St). Is Utah a hot bed for talent? No! Urban is genius. Urban is that one coach Saban dont wanna see. If Urban was still in the SEC Saban wouldn't be as dominate as he is today.

Just stick to SWAC and bands.

Bro, people forget the studs Saban brought to and developed at Michigan State. Plaxico, Tony Banks (who was a 1st round draft pick), TJ Duckett, Cedrick Irvin, Demetrious Underwood, and Julian Peterson are some that immediately come to my mind.

USC is going through a sexual abuse scandal with a campus medical doctor that has caused their president to resign. In light of this if Urban was to lose his job USC wouldn't touch him.

Football is different. They aint worried about that. Trust me they aint. That Doctor shit has no effect on their football program or athletics. They aint under pressure out here. But they already feeling slighted because Chip Kelly is at UCLA and getting all the press.

BTW, the Doctor had done this for 30 years at USC so you could have fired a whole bunch of folks for not saying nothing. They just wanted to get rid of this President.

Wasn’t Urban Meyer’s last SEC game as UF head coach a blowout loss to Saban’s Tide in the SEC Championship Game?
Ok... U right... But what happen the last time Urban faced Saban? Was that in a BCS Playoff game to go to the National Championship? Dude Urban in a big game against Saban my money is on Urban.

Ok... U right... But what happen the last time Urban faced Saban? Was that in a BCS Playoff game to go to the National Championship? Dude Urban in a big game against Saban my money is on Urban.

And Saban has won 5 championships while going through the SEC. Meyer, while a great head coach in his own right, blew opportunities to win more national titles at Ohio State by losing to lesser talented teams like Iowa and Michigan State.

And Saban has won 5 championships while going through the SEC. Meyer, while a great head coach in his own right, blew opportunities to win more national titles at Ohio State by losing to lesser talented teams like Iowa and Michigan State.
Lol you said all that to say what? Urban when facing Saban is very successful against HIM. I'm not diverting or let me put it in this way. If Urban makes it in a championship games against Saban, my money is on Urban.

Lol you said all that to say what? Urban when facing Saban is very successful against HIM. I'm not diverting or let me put it in this way. If Urban makes it in a championship games against Saban, my money is on Urban.

Meyer has one more career win (2) over Saban than Dabo (1) and Kyle Whittingham Lol. You act like Meyer has beaten Saban a bunch of times.

How you come up with that 70 percent number when Meyer has, in actuality, been successful 50 percent of the time in “big games” against Saban?
Future tense.... I'm not say Saban isn't great but when Saban see Urban across the field, he knows this guy is the real deal Holyfield!

Wasn’t Urban Meyer’s last SEC game as UF head coach a blowout loss to Saban’s Tide in the SEC Championship Game?
No, his last SEC game was a loss against South Carolina in 2010 which sent South Carolina to the SEC Championship Game to get whooped by Cam Newton (who should have been Florida's QB at the time) and Auburn. That was a huge rebuilding season after losing darn near the entire defense, Tim Tebow, Aaron Hernandez, and the OL to graduation and the NFL draft. At one point he had a 3-man rotation at QB with Trey Burton as the Wildcat QB, Jordan Redd (a TE) as the dual-threat QB, and John Brantley (smh) as the one they brought in for obvious passing downs.

How you come up with that 70 percent number when Meyer has, in actuality, been successful 50 percent of the time in “big games” against Saban?
He's played Saban 3 times in the "big games"

2008 SEC Championship W over #1 Alabama despite not having Percy Harvin

2009 SEC Championship L vs #2 Alabama

2015 Sugar Bowl (Playoffs) W vs #1 Alabama despite having to play his 3rd string QB

67% success against Saban in big games is pretty good.

He's 2-2 overall, but that 2010 regular season game isn't what I'd call a big game.

He's 2-2 overall, but that 2010 regular season game isn't what I'd call a big game.

Alabama was ranked No. 1. Florida was ranked No. 7. Both were undefeated at the time.It was a rematch of the previous season's SEC title game.

Not a big game, according to the masses even though one of the Florida players said it was leading up to the contest.

"It's definitely one of the most anticipated games of my career," Florida defensive end Justin Trattou said on Monday. "It's definitely one of the most anticipated games in the country. I'm real excited to get into it."

Last edited:
Alabama was ranked No. 1. Florida was ranked No. 7. Both were undefeated at the time.It was a rematch of the previous season's SEC title game.

Not a big game, according to the masses even though one of the Florida players said it was leading up to the contest.
It was one of those early season hyped up games that didn't really mean much once the season played out. What I define as a big game is one with a championship on the line. Florida had no QB and lost a ton of talent and coaches from the previous year and just beat up on some cupcakes before facing Alabama.

Noboday said Saban wasn't a legend. But when it comes down to Urban vs Saban in a championship, I'm riding with Urban.

It was one of those early season hyped up games that didn't really mean much once the season played out. What I define as a big game is one with a championship on the line. Florida had no QB and lost a ton of talent and coaches from the previous year and just beat up on some cupcakes before facing Alabama.

LOL!

Back